Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: It seems like Quality, Attendance and Tactics mean Nothing in this Game

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by funker View Post
    i keep saying the same thing in here for some months now, but they don't care... the game is programmed to troll you, no matter how big the quality difference is, so why should i bother looking to change the time for the match, or play with reserves, or watch from another account... these kind of tricks might be the only thing to do in the future to win an important match. and excuse me, if you stay and continue playing this game only to find ways to win a match, you're broken more than the game itself...
    Indeed. Unfortunately, I agree with Funker that the game is programmed to troll you. The only true way to get around the troll is to buy the players the game provides and ensure that your quality is 50% stronger, not because you will not get trolled, but because your chances of a troll are lower. I am not sure those other tricks work. People who buy players at the beginning of the season and don't attend games and rarely train players have a little less of a chance of winning but it isn't significant (i.e., these players usually win the League and progress to the quarter or semi finals. Sometimes, they troll others and get to the final. I do think that the only way to enjoy the game is to not care or spend too much time on it because it is a waste of time. I used to play with a group of friends but now, we don't really play anymore. 2 friends don't bother watching the ads, preferring instead to just build a new team each season and check on it every week. My best friend and I, we watch a couple of videos in the morning and then check in before games, whereas before, we religious changed tactics, improved players gathered green packs, etc.... The game pretty much is killing itself. I suspect that most of their traffic on the game is players with multiple accounts.
    Berlitz likes this.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

Famous
    If the game is 'programmed to troll you' then explain how my record was achieved if the engine won't allow me to win??
    I don't spend money but I watch as many vids for greens as I can so i can train up the core of a good squad at the start of every season.
    I talked on another thread about 'trolling' and how it doesn't really exist, it's just probabilities and chance of the game mechanics coming to the fore, and our reaction to that is how we process 'bad' results' differently to 'good' results (our brain works like that in real life .not just this game ),
    I'm genuinely interested though, if you believe that the game engine has a pre destined angle to it, why it lets me, a non paying player, win so many times?
    It seems like Quality, Attendance and Tactics mean Nothing in this Game-alltime.jpg
    Last edited by gogs67; 06-20-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Ludo_Mansio likes this.

Rookie
    So your argument is that because you win 90% of the time, trolling doesn't exist?

People are complaining that, during certain games, the engine makes you lose, regardless of whether you are the better team. People have repeatedly reported that the game didn't reflect the score, their players suddenly don't know how to play, the opponent 3 star GK turns into superman, opponents don't even attend games and assistant managers just blatantly lie (the opponents were favorites despite the losing team being listed as favorite prior to the game). In fact, some assistant manager comments clearly state "our players just went missing".

In the league, these issues can sometimes be rectified because all managers experience the odd troll, which means that it balances out over time. Indeed, this seems to be your case, given that you won so many leagues (48) yet you won less than 33% Champions League trophies. Where people really get annoyed is during knockout phases, where the manager suddenly loses all impact and is forced to see their team turn into amateurs and flail around aimlessly.

Although I clearly have less in game experience than you, my current stats could be considered higher. I've won the following 8/8 Leagues, 3/7 (maybe 4/7) champions leagues and 6/8 cups (my first cup, I wasn't managing the team when the team was knocked out). 314 wins, 34 draws and 21 losses. Longest unbeaten streak: 71, longest winning streak: 37. So yes, the game doesn't prevent you from winning all the time, but that doesn't mean it doesn't blatantly force you to lose at inopportune times. I will tell you that out of those 34 draws and 21 losses, 44 of those were to lower quality teams and 38 of them were weaker by 15%+. I am disappointed when I lose to a team 10% weaker but I accept it as just unfortunate. When I lose to a team 30% weaker, I call the engine broken.
    Berlitz likes this.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Rookie
    Agreed with Lucian. My record is 294 wins, 15 draws and 15 losses. My longest unbeaten streak is 82. So by your account, that means I didn't just get trolled in the Champions League? That is nonsense reasoning. This isn't about perception of results, it is about losing games you shouldn't have lost and feeling powerless to do anything about it despite putting all the odds in your favor. I've played against the same player before in the group stages of the champions league, beat them 4-0 then 6-2 only to lose in the final, even though the quality difference between our squads had grown larger (they scored 1 goal at the 89th minute and then went on to win the penalty, with my best player missing a penalty).

Famous
    The game is based on conditional probability.
    I'm not going to go into scoring, 1-0, 2-0 etc but that's just an extension of this.
    Two equal sides with everything equal will each have the same chance of winning. Now that doesn't mean each side takes it in turns to win, you can have an unusual run of 10 wins in a row say, but the odds are still exactly the same at the start of each game, no matter what the previous scores were
    This game takes that and adds in hundreds and hundreds of new variables, each one of which has an influence on the % probability of the outcome.
    But that NEVER means the score is fixed, all it does is make the stronger team more likely to win.
    What people call 'troll' results are just either end of a normal 'n' shaped dice roll graph, the more you play then the more you'll see these occurring, because probability says they will, but you'll also see the stronger team consistently coming out ahead more often.
    You seem to want to win every game where you are stronger (which by definition, means you lose when you are weaker) as a rule.
    Think of it, that's not a very inviting game really
    Bottom line is that 'troll's are infuriating annoying and just part and parcel of the algorithms that make up the game engine due to randomness,. they happen 'in-game', they are not pre set as some seem to think on here after a bad result.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    The game is based on conditional probability.
    This game takes that and adds in hundreds and hundreds of new variables, each one of which has an influence on the % probability of the outcome.
    What people call 'troll' results are just either end of a normal 'n' shaped dice roll graph, the more you play then the more you'll see these occurring, because probability says they will, but you'll also see the stronger team consistently coming out ahead more often.
    You seem to want to win every game where you are stronger (which by definition, means you lose when you are weaker) as a rule.
    Bottom line is that 'troll's are infuriating annoying and just part and parcel of the algorithms that make up the game engine due to randomness,. they happen 'in-game', they are not pre set as some seem to think on here after a bad result.

If you say that you are basically following a normal "n" shaped dice roll graph and you have a higher probability of encountering anomalies (i.e. trolls), then it means that, mathematically, you are bound to encounter them at some give time "t". Even if the time "t" can't necessarily be predicted, the inevitability of the this time "t" means, by definition, you will at some point encounter a match where the engine disproportionately goes in favor of the opponent, thereby creating an anomaly. If this inevitable anomaly, which translates into a defeat, isn't a pre-set defeat, I don't know what is.

If you are encountering opponents with the same relative, this inevitability comes across as nothing more than bad luck on a game (within 15% quality). When these anomalies occur against much weaker opponents (beyond 20%), this is when you get the troll and people complain. No one said these troll results can be predicted, only that their likelihood increases the more you go without getting one (which is something you agree with in your argument).

Your statement "You seem to want to win every game where you are stronger (which by definition, means you lose when you are weaker" completely misconstrues the point people who have been trolled are making. The complaint is when you are significantly stronger, you get such aberrations that don't reflect the game or the quality of your team. In these games, managers have reported feeling like their actions do not impact the game. Teams that are defending being countered and players wandering off into no man's land. To put this in real life context, Real Madrid might lose to an under 18 team (a team easily 30-40% weaker) once in a blue moon, and most certainly never in a two leg round of the champions league. Yet, we regularly see strong teams losing to such opponents just because the engine said "poor dice roll, quality doesn't matter".

Now, although aberrations are inherently an issue that should be addressed, the other pressing issue is the propensity of these aberrations. Managers are reporting, on average, 3-4 of these per season.

This brings us to the crux of the argument: is the engine balanced if it can regularly produce such aberrations on a regular basis. Given that so many managers are complaining about this, I would tend to believe that Managers don't want a game that 2-3 times a season decides that their hard work in constructing a team is for naught. When this defeat happens in a league game, most people are ok with this. When it happens during a knock out match and they are eliminated, they get understandably annoyed.

Does that mean that managers expect to win every time they are stronger? No.
    Does it mean that managers expect to beat a team more than a quarter as weaker than them? Yes.
    Does it mean that managers expect to win against such a team over two games? Definitively.
    Does it mean that managers expect that they won't be eliminated from competitions 2 out of every 3 seasons by substantially weaker teams? Absolutely.

Managers aren’t investing time into the game to increase their odds of winning based on a pre-determined algorithm that goes haywire 2-3 times a season. They invest because they believe that their decisions over the course of several seasons and during the game will have an impact. When they are denied this, they naturally feel cheated. When players begin thinking more about the engine producing an anomaly than focusing on tactics and team development, you have a broken game.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Rookie
    Agreed with Lucian. Just got trolled again after the new update. My team: 99%. The opponent: 71% . End Result: 2:2. This is ridiculous. If 30% weaker teams can regularly cause upsets, what is the point?

Same troll issue: Opponent GK is a god, mine caught 2/4 shots. I should also note that the opponent scored 2 goals in 10 min.

Also, going back, I noticed that 2/4 of my posts on this thread were censored. I guess we are getting too close to the truth.
    Last edited by Berlitz; 06-27-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlitz View Post
    Agreed with Lucian. Just got trolled again after the new update. My team: 99%. The opponent: 71% . End Result: 2:2. This is ridiculous. If 30% weaker teams can regularly cause upsets, what is the point?

Same troll issue: Opponent GK is a god, mine caught 2/4 shots. I should also note that the opponent scored 2 goals in 10 min.

Also, going back, I noticed that 2/4 of my posts on this thread were censored. I guess we are getting too close to the truth.
    At least you were not defeated. It could be worse, lol.
    Last edited by Grandef; 06-27-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    At least you were not defeated. It could be worse, lol.
    Indeed, but this is seriously getting ridiculous. I have now played 3 teams that were between 71 and 74% whereas I am at 101% and I have a draw for all three games. I am literally sinking in the league. What on earth his with the engine this season!?!?! Quality means absolutely nothing it seems.
    Grandef likes this.

Rookie
    Actually, I was going to say that since their update, the engine has been catastrophic. I am myself struggling against teams who are 56% whereas I am 109% I don't think stars or ratings mean anything anymore. Here I thought the situation couldn't get much worse... guess again.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast