Page 96 of 227 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Thanks. I look at it: "Well, its only a computer game, so why get worked up and start ranting and raving". Of course, I get disappointed, but tomorrow is another day.
    Yeah I'm starting to try and treat it as just a game now, I really need to stop buying large amounts of tokens though that I've been doing in my effort in the fight against depression by getting an amazing team, but it's just a game and if I choose to retire one day (don't think that will be for a long time) then all these trophies are not going to mean a thing aren't they? Whats the point of training up players quality for only to be 7*,8* or even 9* for the matter of several weeks and only to win a few trophies and even then the trophies are not guaranteed.
    Raykco likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Apprentice
    Just got kicked out of the cup, 2nd round, received 3 corner goals... I guess i really need an aerial. Well, time to concentrate on league and CL (im first in both league and cl group)

my other scout got injured, injury count at 2, only scouts so far
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Friday. Day 6.

LEAGUE: Match 4. LONDON CITY (71.7) v PTO ALCUDIA (71.9)

Result: LONDON 2-5 ALCUDIA
    Goals: Mendez 8, Mendez 15, Webo 23, Ledesma 28, Duggan 34, Heydari 64, Cuenca 85
    M.o.M: Jose Mendez (Alcudia)

Our 100% start to the league campaign, exploded in our faces today, with a shattering defeat to our arc rivals. We were never in it after Jose Mendez scored for our visitors early on. Mendez then added another, before Pierre Webo gave us hope with a solo effort. Carlos Ledesma quickly restored Alcudia's two goal advantage, but once again, we had renewed hope when Terry Duggan got another for us, before the break. But we continued to be second best after the break, and further goals from Shahab Heydari and Raul Cuenca, just made our humiliation complete.

Other Results:

Jeleznik 1-0 Yakuzaz, Tongfang 3-0 Phetchana, Kukula 0-3 Shileno, Olympiakos 3-2 Danis, L.Legends 0-3 Lalas, Minh Chi 1-1 R.Monte.

TEAM TALK.

After seeing joint leader's, Minh Chi only draw their early match, we went into our game knowing a win would put us top, and clear by two points. But our long time rivals and opponents today, gave us a footballing lesson, and as a result, instead of going top, we have slipped to third, (now behind Alcudia on GD). We must get back into our winning mentality tomorrow, with an away match against bottom club, Yakuzaz FC.

One of our new signings, ML, Marius Olsen made his debut for us as a second half substitute for Stig Andersson. Our other new player, MR, Jon Scully, has signed his contract and awaits his first appearance.
    What kind of formation do you use resp, your opponent? You could get some advice from the others
    Raykco likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Rookie
    It's something like 6 hours since my Cup game and I only just realized I've been kicked out. Last year's winner kicked out in the preliminaries or whatever. On away goals as well, I was certain I had drawn the away game but looking back now I see I lost it 1-0 and only beat them 2-1 at home today.
    It's been a hard start to this season so far, can't really get the tactics to work properly and because of this results have been pretty bleak.
    Won 7, drawn 3 and lost 1 so far with a 31-7 goal difference in all competitions. Can't say I'm pleased at the moment.
    Ljepoje likes this.

My basic formation has always been 4-4-2 flat. Occasionally I will play with AMR/AML instead of standard ML/MR, and on rare occasions, I play with just one striker, and an AMC backing him up. The formation has won me far more matches than I've lost. Maybe today I should have been slightly more defensive.
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMeter View Post
    It's something like 6 hours since my Cup game and I only just realized I've been kicked out. Last year's winner kicked out in the preliminaries or whatever. On away goals as well, I was certain I had drawn the away game but looking back now I see I lost it 1-0 and only beat them 2-1 at home today.
    It's been a hard start to this season so far, can't really get the tactics to work properly and because of this results have been pretty bleak.
    Won 7, drawn 3 and lost 1 so far with a 31-7 goal difference in all competitions. Can't say I'm pleased at the moment.
    Hm, I feel for you. You did good last season. I was expecting you would do much better this season after the signings you did this week. But you're not alone, teams "better" than mine have all struggled, especially our friends Dynamo SWAG, despite all of the 7*,8* and 9* he seems to struggle quite well to get a win or get past to the next round.

I had some problems in the 1th round and now in the 4th round in the league as well, their 2/3* or 4* play like some 6* or 7*.

Don't now what kind of formation/tactics you use either, but I would recommed to change. I never play the same formation season in - season out. It becomes to "predictable" and perhaps to "comfortable". You need to take your team and players a step further every season. See you're team as a mechanism, all pieces need to be there to get it work properly. I "experimented" a lot the last 2 seasons, and sometimes just moving your MC to left or right could do the trick. I had a player that played like sh*it and always got a rate 5. Then I moved him from the left to the right and he started to play better and scored as well. Now he is a regular rate 7 , but gets a rate 8 every time he score.

Try play offensive , mixed passingsstyle and mixed focus passing, hard tackle and zonal marking. Somehow my players play much better and they are winning the ball back in 2 of 3 times.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Addicted
    That how i like it!

Contreras 6 days
    Awford 2
    Jorgensen 8

I dont realy care about the first two, they are amgonst my weaker players, but Jorgensen sucks, he is my only scout and it is his second injury this season. -15 reds^^

But i have to admit, I never had big problems with injuries, I guess its overdue to suffer some.

But there is also good news:

I won vs 4th yesterday, 2nd and 3rd drew today (at Prattstars place). Lets see how long I can stay in first place. Both games vs 2nd and 3rd will be at home in the first half of the season, so I have to be #1 if I want to win.

And I also won my second Cup match, after a 2-0 at home I also won 1-0 away. Lets see who is my next opponent. At the start of the season I thought I dont care about Cup, but the prize money is so nice, now I want to do good. But I also want to win league (because I was only 3rd last season) and CL (because I never won it)^^
    Ljepoje likes this.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

My basic formation has always been 4-4-2 flat. Occasionally I will play with AMR/AML instead of standard ML/MR, and on rare occasions, I play with just one striker, and an AMC backing him up. The formation has won me far more matches than I've lost. Maybe today I should have been slightly more defensive.
    Okey, I would try and use two strikers instead of one. Sometimes 1 isn't enough. Also you could "motivate" the ML + MR. Or play with the AML + AMR instead. Don't know if you use arrows, but they could do more damage than good. Almost every thread were people complain why/how they managed to lose against an inferior team, is beacuse they use arrows or wrong "settings" for the formation they use. They think just because they have a couple of * more, it's "okey".

Then you could try a variation of the 4-4-2 as I did last season. Narrow or wide, your choice.
    Raykco likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

I don't use arrows at all, as a rule, because it seems to sap the energy too much. However, I did put the red arrows on my two wingers today, for the second half, to try to get the goals back.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

We didnt wqtch our League match due to work and we won 4-0 anyways against an active manager.

Pointless to be said, Hutton was again MOM (4th time in 5 league matches) scoring another Poker and rating 9. We are first on table with 25 goals scored and one taken.

Here's Hutton's tab after just five days:

Later for CL, where youngsters will play.
    Ljepoje likes this.