Page 116 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    Cup season over for me, after a 0-0 away I'm behind 3-0 in the home match (in '60)

possession 60-40 doesnt help much if your players are to stupid to score^^

edit:
    and 0-4 in '66
    The cup is the biggest waste of time, unless you feel you have any realistic chance of actually winning it. It's just a distraction to your regular fixture list like the League or CL.

Rubbish prize money as well. Best to get KOed and play friendlies for boosters.
    dv8r likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    The cup is the biggest waste of time, unless you feel you have any realistic chance of actually winning it. It's just a distraction to your regular fixture list like the League or CL.
    I know how you feel. It must feel weird to have won it so many times and then have the format change to an anti-PT type of cup and get dumped out early. This is pretty much normal service for me, I've only got past the last 16 once. Screw the cup, the double is still a good achievement.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Addicted
    Yes I have a chance of winning it, I also won it last season. But if a weaker team beats you 4-1 at home, I guess I dont have a chance. But its still very nice prize money.

Now I have to concentrate on League and CL. I really want to win League again, the 3rd place last season hurt...
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Addicted
    20 minutes until the cup game. Made one last quick change that sees Cutts start and Dos Santos on the bench. Dos Santos is the better player, but Cutts is suspended for the next league match, so might as well rest Dos Santos for that.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    Yes I have a chance of winning it, I also won it last season. But if a weaker team beats you 4-1 at home, I guess I dont have a chance. But its still very nice prize money.

Now I have to concentrate on League and CL. I really want to win League again, the 3rd place last season hurt...
    Wait until you get to around L12+ and start to see the prize money in the cup hardly be worth fighting over in the current format and full of active managers as well.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    20 minutes until the cup game. Made one last quick change that sees Cutts start and Dos Santos on the bench. Dos Santos is the better player, but Cutts is suspended for the next league match, so might as well rest Dos Santos for that.
    The cup game ended in another 1-0 defeat, which means I go out of the cup 2-0 on aggregate. Once again, my finishing punished me as a counter attack from a mistake put Arianto through on goal, passed it to my one on one scorer Jorgensen.....who put it wide. Even worse was the 'concede corner again' commentary that, 9.9 out of 10, ends with a goal. I got the 0.1. Jorgensen put it over. The end came in the 50th minute when Ebeye got booked for a late challenge and they scored from the resulting free kick. Despite going hard attacking and red arrows on all my midfield, we could not get back into the match.

Ah well. At least it was further than last season. For the days the cup would have been played, my League opponenets will feel the pain.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

League game at Home vs a mid-table FC Navoski side thats basically got its wins against cannon fodder sides, We are widely expected to win the game but as the way current things are I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't especially we are the team under a bit of pressure now after yesterdays give away. Reverted back to the Dandelion with Petersen starting OOP on the left.

League game at Home vs a mid-table FC Navoski side thats basically got its wins against cannon fodder sides, We are widely expected to win the game but as the way current things are I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't especially we are the team under a bit of pressure now after yesterdays give away. Reverted back to the Dandelion with Petersen starting OOP on the left.
    LEAGUE ROUND 8

July Fourth 1-1 FC Navoski

July Fourth 111.7 Dandelion 1st half, 3N-1-1-3W-2 then 3-5-2V - FC Navoski 103.1 4-3N-1-2

The whole team besides Ivor Hardy was an absolute shambles here and we didn't even look interested all afternoon in this game, Navoski started the stronger of the 2 teams and had the first 2 threatening attacks on goal, we survived those and just as we were beginning to turn the game in our favour... MICHU GOT INJURED and we were once again on the back foot and we had to bring on Crawford in his place who only just came back from injury yesterday, He did nothing as well. Navoski took the lead with a Pietron corner for left back Horoszkiewicz to header in, July Fourth created nothing for the entire first half and were behind, Ivor Hardy though kept us in the game, We got an equaliser in the second half from a strike from Norris out of knowhere and when we decided to change tactics and try and create opportunites for the winner the game once again swung back towards our opponents for the last 15 mins of the game and an equaliser here from us was never going to materalise. If results go against us again which probably they will... Mehmet will have a 6 point lead going into our crucial encounter tomorrow with Takis drawing level with us on points this evening.

Another poor performance from July Fourth and again its cost us. It's amazing we even somehow drew this game.

Goals: Horoszkiewicz (20) Norris (57) MOTM: Hardy.

Injury Report: Michu out for 6 days... thats cost me 15 of those valuable reds that I don't have a lot of.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-14-2013 at 03:05 PM.

LEAGUE ROUND 8

July Fourth 1-1 FC Navoski

July Fourth 111.7 Dandelion 1st half, 3N-1-1-3W-2 then 3-5-2V - FC Navoski 103.1 4-3N-1-2

The whole team besides Ivor Hardy was an absolute shambles here and we didn't even look interested all afternoon in this game, Navoski started the stronger of the 2 teams and had the first 2 threatening attacks on goal, we survived those and just as we were beginning to turn the game in our favour... MICHU GOT INJURED and we were once again on the back foot and we had to bring on Crawford in his place who only just came back from injury yesterday, He did nothing as well. Navoski took the lead with a Pietron corner for left back Horoszkiewicz to header in, July Fourth created nothing for the entire first half and were behind, Ivor Hardy though kept us in the game, We got an equaliser in the second half from a strike from Norris out of knowhere and when we decided to change tactics and try and create opportunites for the winner the game once again swung back towards our opponents for the last 15 mins of the game and an equaliser here from us was never going to materalise. If results go against us again which probably they will... Mehmet will have a 6 point lead going into our crucial encounter tomorrow with Takis drawing level with us on points this evening.

Another poor performance from July Fourth and again its cost us. It's amazing we even somehow drew this game.

Goals: Horoszkiewicz (20) Norris (57) MOTM: Hardy.

Injury Report: Michu out for 6 days... thats cost me 15 of those valuable reds that I don't have a lot of.
    Damn, what's happening? Are you playing with max win bonus?

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Damn, what's happening? Are you playing with max win bonus?
    I dunno. Like I said at the very start of the season. Season from HELL was upon us and its turning out that way, I currently don't use any win bonus.