Page 170 of 227 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by Bermudo View Post
    Unfortunately, I have the best 3 opponents in the league in the last few days, so I dont want to lose unnecessarily right now, but a few players will definitely get some rest.

edit: he couldnt have bought 5* players on our market since we dont have any but he could have bought much better scouts next season.
    Yes, he could waited until next season, better quality, year less older and would get more development training wise, but I suppose having a no 5* transfer market justifies the purchase a bit more of those 3 scouts.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Friday, Day 20.

LEAGUE: Match 18. LONDON CITY (74.1) v YAKUZA Z UNITED (62.9)

Result: LONDON 1-1 YAKUZA
    Goals: Yashin 52, Prosser 74
    M.o.M: Julian Prosser (Yakuza)

Another woeful display by City drops us to second in the table and two points behind Alcudia. The first half was a drab affair with the only moment of note, being a penalty miss by Julian Prosser for our visitors. Things did improve slightly after the break, and we thought we might get a win, when Oleg Yashin worked his way through the defenders, and struck a fine goal, to give us the lead. But we couldn't hold on, and Prosser equalised with fifteen minutes to play. To make things worse, Terry Duggan and Percy Robins both received yellow cards, and will miss tomorrow's game through the totting up process.

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS:
    Olympiakos 1-5 Real, Minh 4-1 Tongfang, Jeleznik 1-0 Lalas, Legends 0-0 Danis, Shileno 5-0 Phetchana, Kukula 2-6 Alcudia.

TEAM TALK.

After today's inept performance, the players were called in for an extra evening training session. The directors made an appearance and made their feelings known in no uncertain terms. Tomorrow we play away at Lalas FC, and we would hope to see a vast improvement.

On a lighter note, two new players joined our squad today, one through the transfer list, and one through direct negotiation. Both will start as back-up players for now. They are French ML, Lucas Rogie, and English DC/DR, Ben Cole. Rudolph Mueller and Justin Harold have left to make room for them.
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Friday, Day 20.

LEAGUE: Match 18. LONDON CITY (74.1) v YAKUZA Z UNITED (62.9)

Result: LONDON 1-1 YAKUZA
    Goals: Yashin 52, Prosser 74
    M.o.M: Julian Prosser (Yakuza)

Another woeful display by City drops us to second in the table and two points behind Alcudia. The first half was a drab affair with the only moment of note, being a penalty miss by Julian Prosser for our visitors. Things did improve slightly after the break, and we thought we might get a win, when Oleg Yashin worked his way through the defenders, and struck a fine goal, to give us the lead. But we couldn't hold on, and Prosser equalised with fifteen minutes to play. To make things worse, Terry Duggan and Percy Robins both received yellow cards, and will miss tomorrow's game through the totting up process.

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS:
    Olympiakos 1-5 Real, Minh 4-1 Tongfang, Jeleznik 1-0 Lalas, Legends 0-0 Danis, Shileno 5-0 Phetchana, Kukula 2-6 Alcudia.

TEAM TALK.

After today's inept performance, the players were called in for an extra evening training session. The directors made an appearance and made their feelings known in no uncertain terms. Tomorrow we play away at Lalas FC, and we would hope to see a vast improvement.

On a lighter note, two new players joined our squad today, one through the transfer list, and one through direct negotiation. Both will start as back-up players for now. They are French ML, Lucas Rogie, and English DC/DR, Ben Cole. Rudolph Mueller and Justin Harold have left to make room for them.
    Was thinking when you sold your 2 players, Justin Harold had been part of London City for sometime, Think Mueller was only there a couple of seasons.
    Raykco likes this.

A 1-0 victory over the in-form team who had just risen to third place last match tonight. The cleanest/most boring match so far out of 18 for my team- just one yellow, on his side - no highlights besides bar the one goal. Neither manager there to watch it.

So it's 17-1-0 for me at the top. 17pts clear. I'd have to lose more than a few matches to blow the title at this point. Time to start playing the reserves a lot more? Build them up before next season, decide who stays and who goes?
    July Fourth likes this.

Breaking News... Extra Power Training Session...

FOUR 8* Players

July Fourth have invested 92T into 100 green booster packs with around 40 green boosters we already saved up to conduct an extra training session on 4 of our key players ahead of our must win 2nd leg away at Equimetal SAD. 4 of our players have been pushed to 8*120 quality meaning Michu regains 8* status since losing it last season (he was once 9*) and 3 other of our younger players have also been promoted to 8* status for the first time... Hogan,Ramirez and O'Sullivan are the 3 players made it into the 8* club. Other players like McNamara and Norris have been given a little push to give them the last few remaining skill points to get them back to 6*

Those players that recently hit 8* were all scheduled to receive power training at the start of next season anyways but because we are in a difficult situation, we thought we get them all to the next star since we have to give ourselves the best chance of winning the 2nd leg without over doing it too much.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-24-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Keith Gaule, dv8r, Shadow and 2 others like this.

Good stuffs. I actually can't wait to get up in the leagues to have some of the real fun!

I love that you rename your players too. I have a striker named Eddie Vedder and My keeper is Pat Bonner, with Paul McGrath my most solid DC all Oirish lads, of course. I think Vedder's great, great Aunt was from Cork, lol ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    Good stuffs. I actually can't wait to get up in the leagues to have some of the real fun!

I love that you rename your players too. I have a striker named Eddie Vedder and My keeper is Pat Bonner, with Paul McGrath my most solid DC all Oirish lads, of course. I think Vedder's great, great Aunt was from Cork, lol ...
    Not every player is renamed, but if the player comes with a good name to begin with, I'll keep it. But I normally have names in mind for new signings and I will use them accordingly, If I buy a player as a reserve for a season, I don't bother changing the players name unless he has one of those pathetic real names from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City for example.

Yup, only changed a few here myself, but some of the ones I brought in had crap names, for example- guy I bought recently - Jefferson Polo ... er ... time to change! Just sounds like an upper class t**t! Others were names I just was never going to pronounce! on the other hand, brought in a Portugeezer named Nuno Jesus, that stays! don't know why, just sounds good to me [plus simply shows as 'Jesus' on the team formation [which i found strangely cool], and I'm far from religious. I wouldn't have any of those re-named after "star" footy players either. Worth the token to make it right. Plus I like to have Irish lads on the squad. Even if it's only to change the flag. Though ... can't have a "Julio Lopez" or whatever, from Ireland

And since I'm actually in the middle of renaming one atm, "Billy" is forbidden! WTF? wanted to name one after my old Granddad - no go. Had similar issue yesterday trying to rename my keeper to "Packie Bonner" [I know I said I don't like them named as real life players,but only when the real life player is a plonker, Bonner is an Irish legend]

In league 1 I renamed a player to "Headtheball" lol, and sold him shortly after. I love that some guy in Turkey has a player with that name,unless he spends a token to change
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 05-25-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    July Fourth and Raykco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Was thinking when you sold your 2 players, Justin Harold had been part of London City for sometime, Think Mueller was only there a couple of seasons.
    Actually, Harold has been here 5 seasons (since season 7, while Mueller has been here 6 seasons (since season 6. Both are now only 4* players with contracts up for renewel at end of the season, and as they're both getting older now, it seemed the right time for them to go.
    LONDON CITY

Forget which poster it was, but someone on here has/had a Russian player called Iam Pistov.
    LONDON CITY