Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: the cup draws should be based on the 11 strongest players ONLY

Rookie
    Thing is - those teams July met that was 105 and not 98, might have been 98 also at the time the cup was drawn? Same for ppl with 37Q facing you with 29.8 - maybe their average (whole team) really WAS ~30 at the time the cup was drawn and they strenghtened their team AFTER the draw..??

I tried the same thing after my season 1, to have a go at cup in s2 and it seemed to somewhat work when i checked teams the first day - but at day 2-3 suddenly 5-8 other teams had strenghtened ALOT, and i was basically left without a chance in the cup.
    HARDHAUS
    Season 5: Ongoing...
    Season 4: League: Runner up (again behind my GF, she's becoming my Nemesis... lol Cup: Lost in 1/4 Final CL: Winner
    Season 3: League: Winner Cup: Lost in Semi CL: Eliminated in Semi (by my gf.... sigh!)
    Season 2: League: Winner (Undefeated) Cup: Eliminated in Quarter Final. CL: Winner
    Season 1: League 2nd place (played last 12 games, up from 8th). Cup prelims (before taking over) CL n/a

Apprentice
    This is how Nordeus wants us to play the game. If you play fair someone else will cheat. They practically force you to become a cheater.

Rookie
    Who's cheating in this scenario??
    HARDHAUS
    Season 4: League: Runner up (again behind my GF, she's becoming my Nemesis... lol Cup: Lost in 1/4 Final CL: Winner
    Season 3: League: Winner Cup: Lost in Semi CL: Eliminated in Semi (by my gf.... sigh!)
    Season 2: League: Winner (Undefeated) Cup: Eliminated in Quarter Final. CL: Winner
    Season 1: League 2nd place (played last 12 games, up from 8th). Cup prelims (before taking over) CL n/a

Apprentice
    I don't know...all but you?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjenon View Post
    Who's cheating in this scenario??
    Hmmm, signing lower players you will never use, just so you can get lower quality opponents is not exactly cheating, but it is a sign that you are not good enough to play against players of similar quality.

Sounds like chicken **** to me.

Apprentice
    Then i'll do what i did last season. I will keep only the useful players to face teams 4 levels higher than me to give the game engine more reasons to kick my butt.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post

Sounds like chicken **** to me.
    This one i can - to a certain degree - agree with,

BUT; What am i to do when I am lvl 2 and facing lvl 5 and 6 in the Cup? This actually happened to me last season, and I could have bought an entire squad of Scouts and still those lvl 6 teams could have bought 4 and 5*'s off TL and have 5-10Q better team than me. In this scenario, I really cant blame anyone for coming up with "clever" ways to try and trick the Cup-draw...
    HARDHAUS

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    I bought loads of useless 3* players at the end of the season before last season and I lowered my Quality from 105 to 98. Then when the next cup draw got made I got put in against teams with around 105 quality rather than 98.
    i noticed i've been put among strongest clubs in my server , bcz i compete with them in auctions .. so know plenty of them, there are teams who are 60 Qt while my team quality is more around 50 or 49 ... (am level 6 by the way)
    so my guess is you will be seeded among best in your server ... the funny thing even with those stupid players you bought you are still ranked among top 64 teams .. this is why you still among those elite clubs .. and what you did actually worked , bcz you were seeded facing strongest team, meaning the game ranked you lower .. unfortunately not lower enough to go to other group of clubs with lower quality ..
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    i noticed i've been put among strongest clubs in my server , bcz i compete with them in auctions .. so know plenty of them, there are teams who are 60 Qt while my team quality is more around 50 or 49 ... (am level 6 by the way)
    so my guess is you will be seeded among best in your server ... the funny thing even with those stupid players you bought you are still ranked among top 64 teams .. this is why you still among those elite clubs .. and what you did actually worked , bcz you were seeded facing strongest team, meaning the game ranked you lower .. unfortunately not lower enough to go to other group of clubs with lower quality ..
    No... I'm a middle of the road team on my server since my server is rather old, The highest level on my server is L26 and that would only be achieved by anyone that entered the game at the beginning of when our server started and won promotion every season, there won't be many thats done that, My cup is made up of L18,L19 and L20 this season.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    I've decided to bump this thread cause Nordeus has done nothing about this problem and I've just found in the Cup semifinals this team:
    the cup draws should be based on the 11 strongest players ONLY-cheater.jpg
    The quality of his three 1-star players is 21,15 and 13. And he's level 6 already! He obviously keeps them for a half year to get easier cup draw every new season. This season he has bought 3 scout players and at the end of the season he'll dump the four lowest rated 4-6* players to include those 1-star players into the 14 men roster that counts at the cup draw. Easy way to win the cup. He already had an easy walk through the level 5 teams.

Some people are cheating (or whatever you call it) to compete with token buyers. But the lowest thing is when token buyers are cheating on all the regular players.

That was an interesting Cup season so far, my team made it to the semifinals and I gonna meet a similar quality team. But that guy is obviously is gonna make it to the finals and I have no idea what me or my opponent are supposed to do. His starting 11 is about 2 stars better.

And another question. Why is that possible to keep on the roster such low rated players? I think they should be dumped off the roster as soon as their quality becomes below 1 star like retired or unsigned players. There's no a single reason to allow such cheaters to keep them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast