Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Winning treble virtually impossible

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    This is because there are various types of players focusing on different objectives, eg those spending a lot of real money, those tankers, those who ficus solely on a competition, etc --- no single team can focus on all.

------------------------------------

Level 12

23 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    19 x Cup Winner (3 x Runner Up)
    25 x Super Cup Winner

3120 Wins/ 250 Draws / 2 Losses
    6523 Goals Scored / 3 Goals Conceded/ 3118 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak
    A guy a level below me used to win the treble every year.
    First day of the season he'd have 11 players close to a 6* (to my perspective, which means almost 7* at his level), and by day 2 the 11 would be trained up to 6 1/2*, close to 7* (again, that would be near an 8* team at his level. The other 17 players would all be 1* 3 positions and SA
    So every season he'd be drawn in my Cup and CL.
    This went on for 4 or 5 seasons and I actually had to tank 5 seasons ago to get rid of him just to have a chance
    Noticed him the other day supporting an opponent and see he's still doing exactly the same thing, won the treble last season and is top of his league at the moment, never see him in Cups or Cl thankfully as he's now drawn with teams above our level.
    He doesn't seem to get affected by troll results!

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I have 70 unique friends :
    10 of them are inactive
    5 of them repeat level
    1 is Mourinho
    1 is @Khris
    10 of them playing for fun
    4 of them are in the same competitions with other 4 friends.

From the rest competitive friends, 12 won the treble and some the double loosing a final/semi f (including me)

So it's very possible

Winning treble virtually impossible-friends-trebles.jpg
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 09-12-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    IImaestroII and Altiplano like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    need formation

Max
    I won the treble around half way through my career. But in the crap way, I won the League while being unbeaten, Easily won the Super League Final beating a 1% stronger team 5-0. And we won the cup 6-1 vs an inactive opponent. I got my longest Winning and unbeaten streaks during that time. My longest win streak was 44 games which happened during that season and the beginning of the next one. And my longest unbeaten run was 57 matches. My season and a half unbeaten fortress came crashing down when I got trolled 2-1 in the cup. We still won 9-2 on aggregate there. It was annoying but manageable.

The season after I won the treble I won nothing, narrowly missing out on a 4th successive league title while having 69 points and finishing 4 points behind the winner. It was nice to not experience a single troll result for a whole season.

I would agree with you. The treble is so hard to win. I only have 1 treble. And that was the season I was talking about. I have claimed a few doubles.

However I always dominate my leagues. (Until I get trolled)

Also on my old account, there was this guy who has 596 wins out of 626 matches and he only ever lost 5 games. Lol I have lost as many games in a season. My all time losses amounts to 69.

He actually lost today in the Champions League Semi Finals, but he got through and is going for a 9th Successive Champions League.
    In his entire career he has won 40 out of 42 possible trophies he could have got. He is amazing.

Played 746 Won 622 Drew 55 Lost 69.

PPG 2.58.

Goals Scored: 2465
    Goals Conceded: 406

Trophies: 14

League Winners: 8x Runner Up 8x
    Champions League Winners: 0x Runner Up: 3x
    Super League Winner: 2x
    Cup Winner: 4x Runner Up: 2x
    Super Cup Winner: 0x

Can.... I am..... inevitable
    Clue: Time Machine

------------------------------------
    Level 12

23 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    19 x Cup Winner (3 x Runner Up)
    25 x Super Cup Winner

3120 Wins/ 250 Draws / 2 Losses
    6523 Goals Scored / 3 Goals Conceded/ 3118 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak
    Meh. I've been League Champion 230 times and Champions League winner 150 times. I'm also undefeated in 31,200 games. /s

@ dave1311
    If you really want to win the treble, here's one trick to make the task slightly less challenging - start the season with a weak team. This way, you will be grouped in less competitive league and cup baskets. Of course, there will always be stronger teams than yours, but the number of teams and ratings won't be as high. Once the league has been generated and the cup draws made, then strengthen your team with new players or major training.

Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux View Post

@ dave1311
    If you really want to win the treble, here's one trick to make the task slightly less challenging - start the season with a weak team. This way, you will be grouped in less competitive league and cup baskets. Of course, there will always be stronger teams than yours, but the number of teams and ratings won't be as high. Once the league has been generated and the cup draws made, then strengthen your team with new players or major training.
    No offence, but I know all about that lol. I tried it once back in 2014 but I prefer to just plod along and make a few changes with each season picking up the odd League or Cup. A Treble would be nice but it’s not the be all and end all for me.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Rookie
    It is a shame that players need to game the system to home to win. Between stronger teams and regular trolling, talk about game breaking.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    A guy a level below me used to win the treble every year.
    First day of the season he'd have 11 players close to a 6* (to my perspective, which means almost 7* at his level), and by day 2 the 11 would be trained up to 6 1/2*, close to 7* (again, that would be near an 8* team at his level. The other 17 players would all be 1* 3 positions and SA
    So every season he'd be drawn in my Cup and CL.
    This went on for 4 or 5 seasons and I actually had to tank 5 seasons ago to get rid of him just to have a chance
    Noticed him the other day supporting an opponent and see he's still doing exactly the same thing, won the treble last season and is top of his league at the moment, never see him in Cups or Cl thankfully as he's now drawn with teams above our level.
    He doesn't seem to get affected by troll results!
    ANNNNND he's back!!!!
    Wish I'd never mentioned this guy
    .Avoided him for 5 seasons by tanking and he pops up again in my CL after me talking about him on here!!!!
    Al these top players were bought on Sunday.
    Winning treble virtually impossible-hell.jpg
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

All those are scouts except the ST.
    Maybe he is recommended.
    So this guy must have spent 800 tokens this season
    gogs67 likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    All those are scouts except the ST.
    Maybe he is recommended.
    So this guy must have spent 800 tokens this season
    He does this every season, And also spends hundreds of greens in the first few days to move all these players up 5-10% on top of their Scout level.
    I don't bother/believe in 'troll' results, losing is just part of playing, but when you have no chance of winning before you've even signed a player on the first day, that's what puts me off this game.
    Years ago there were a LOT of token buyers from East Asia, some said they were cheating, but whatever reason it made this game unplayable for a 35T team sometimes as they were always so strong.
    I'd almost forgotten how bad it was till this guy popped up last year!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast