Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Is the Tactical Part of Top Eleven 2019 Broken?

Is the Tactical Part of Top Eleven 2019 Broken?

This is meant to be a feedback collection post and not a concluding one. It is almost a month since my comeback to the game, and I am having doubts on the functioning of certain parts of this game.

According to Top Eleven 2019, arrows define the individual mentality of players. So, it is expected that if a user puts a green arrow on say an excess man, when attacking, that is when the team is in possession, he will move up more and contribute forward or provide support to attack instead of sitting deep and contribute to nothing much. But, this does not seem to work; he just sat in his defensive zone and watched the front players attacking.

Another thing is that many times this season I felt like I am not at all in connection with my team during the match apart from making substitions. Basically, the engine does what it wants instead of simulating what the manager instructed. For example, I see an area open to attack, I give order to attack that area, highlights give the opposite or something else. I see a menance, for example on a left flank, and I put a defensive arrow on a player that is supposed to come back to defend that zone, but instead he stays up while the opponent players double team on that flank and cause havoc.

Another 'funny' thing is that I have beaten a noticeable weaker team 3-0, and I put my team to play defensive with counter-attacks in the away leg but my team went down 4-0 before I turned it around to 4-3. How can this even happen? Does the engine even considers the situation and the football sense?

Sometimes I have been like clueless what to do because many things do not seem to work as expected, and some things do not seem to work at all - like a blank button with a false label.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-26-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    This is meant to be a feedback collection post and not a concluding one. It is almost a month since my comeback to the game, and I am having doubts on the functioning of certain parts of this game.

According to Top Eleven 2019, arrows define the individual mentality of players. So, it is expected that if a user puts a green arrow on say an excess man , at the attack, that is when the team is in possessikn, he will move up more and contribute forward or provide suplort to attack instead of sitting deep and contribute ti nothing much. But, this does not seem to work; he just sat in his defensive zone and watched the front players attacking.

Another thing is that many times this season I felt like I am not at all in connection with my team during the match apart from making substitions. Basically, the engine does what it wants instead of simulating what the manager instructed. For example, I see an area open to attack, I give order to attack that area, highlights give the opposite or something else. I see a menance, for example on a left flank, and I put a defensive arrow on a player that is supposed to come back to defend that zone, but instead he stays up while the opponent players double team on that flank and cause havoc.

Another 'funny' thing is that I have beaten a noticeable weaker team 3-0, and I put my team to play defensive with counter-attacks in the away leg but my team went down 4-0 before I turned it around to 4-3. How can this even happen? Does the engine even considers the situation and the football sense?

Sometimes I have been like clueless what to do because many things do not seem to work as expected, and some things do not seem to work at all - like a blank button with a false label.
    In game controls contribute 5-20% of what happens in the game. The game engines now relly on your training. 90-80% of what is simulated is an interpretation of what you trained your team to do. Nordeus is trying to make the game look real in that in real football, the more you train the easier to win.

That's how I see it.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
    The Nebuchadnezzar exploring T11

Quote Originally Posted by Nebu View Post
    In game controls contribute 5-20% of what happens in the game. The game engines now relly on your training. 90-80% of what is simulated is an interpretation of what you trained your team to do. Nordeus is trying to make the game look real in that in real football, the more you train the easier to win.

That's how I see it.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
    But I do not feel like a manager in his stands or on the sidelines, but more like a supporter in the top corner of the stadium shouting at his team to do this and that.

Also, training should affect the effectiveness of the players' actions in response to the instructions of the manager, but I feel like they are not even receiving the instructions. So how does this is meant to follow realism? Or maybe, during the match, all players become deaf in Top Eleven, and not only deaf, but they lose part of their vision too because they cannot even see certain things on their own?
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-26-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Nebu likes this.

Tactical- logical part, never existed xD

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Tactical- logical part, never existed xD
    That is why way back, during games, you changed passing focus go the area a player was vunerable, for example a player on yellow card. Come on Khris...

That is why way back, during games, you changed passing focus go the area a player was vunerable, for example a player on yellow card. Come on Khris...
    I mean, as a logical, 1 formation vs another, what I did focussing passing is just as a answer to the particular match scenario, that is what set the weaknesses, don't confuse one thing, that is about "logic" in terms of tactic or avq, with the specific scenario, which can select that, you have 0% condition but it doesn't matter. Or that even with 5 defensers, you concede 5 goals... or that as usually happens, with defensive or even very defensive mentality, you achieve the match control, and then, your players attack, and viceversa, you swicth to attack, and there's no attack.

Yeah I have my own language. xD

I mean, as a logical, 1 formation vs another, what I did focussing passing is just as a answer to the particular match scenario, that is what set the weaknesses, don't confuse one thing, that is about "logic" in terms of tactic or avq, with the specific scenario, which can select that, you have 0% condition but it doesn't matter. Or that even with 5 defensers, you concede 5 goals... or that as usually happens, with defensive or even very defensive mentality, you achieve the match control, and then, your players attack, and viceversa, you swicth to attack, and there's no attack.

But now it seems you cannot target the opponent weaknesses during the match nor protect your weaknesses. The game engine does like it wants despite your efforts as a manager during a live match. For example, like I said above, you see an area to exploit, you change instructions to work there, but nothing happens with respect to that change but the gameplay continues like it was before. You see your team is struggling in area, you instruct the player near this area to provide defensive support, but he still stays up while the opponent double teams in that area, wt... as if the buttons or instructions were blank during the match. The game is numb.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-26-2019 at 07:03 PM.

I mean, this is not tactical, focuss pressure to the player that has a yellow, cause has been selected as a target to be more aggressive, or when the oppo' GK is set to be the key player having a 9 as rating and you, sub' your GK to counter the scenario, or when the scenario has selected that u lose long passing, so you need to swicth to short o have the control, for me that not "the tactical-logical part" for me, thats just, to read the reactive side of the game which have no relation, even with the orders, cause u can perfectly have low tackling and a red card xD

But now it seems you cannot target the opponent weaknesses during the match nor protect your weaknesses. The game engine does like it wants despite your efforts as a manager during a live match.
    It works the same as before, simply, the beatability margins, that time ago were about a 30% of distance, -distance u knew that you had 95% chances of winning a oppo'- and now the distance has been doubled to cover the mutants effect, so thats why one can draw 0-0 with a -60% team, or so.,.. and the reason why many new managers, that start playing at L1, can't understand what they need to do, having a main market of 80% players, and same time having these margins, where a -60% team in 14th position can stole your league title, as it happened to me 2-3 seasons ago, we need the "intuitive" part of the game with us again, cause has been lost.
    Last edited by khris; 09-26-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast