Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Does anyone think "Physically Damaged" not appropriate?

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    273

    Does anyone think "Physically Damaged" not appropriate?

    When a player gets injured, he's tagged as "Physically Damaged", sounds like a permanently damaged product, anyone thinks it's not appropriate? Maybe "injured" or "out of action" sounds better?

  2. #2
    Champion Max McClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    When a player gets injured, he's tagged as "Physically Damaged", sounds like a permanently damaged product, anyone thinks it's not appropriate? Maybe "injured" or "out of action" sounds better?
    I think it would be interesting to see what actually happened to your player like broken bones or torn hamstring or something that would sound better.

    I think “Physically Damaged” sounds like you crashed a car, I am not sure, physically damaged is a bit inappropriate to explain an injury because it doesn’t fully explain it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    VIP talisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Clevedon, UK
    Posts
    3,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see what actually happened to your player like broken bones or torn hamstring or something that would sound better.

    I think “Physically Damaged” sounds like you crashed a car, I am not sure, physically damaged is a bit inappropriate to explain an injury because it doesn’t fully explain it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it would be better to just say 'injured', but perhaps there's a translation issue with this word.

    'Old' Top Eleven had actual descriptions of what the actual injury was but it was sometimes like the AM comments during the match - 'XXX pulls up holding his hamstring'; after the match he's out for 16 days with a broken leg...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...


  4. #4
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,052
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Yeah, it would be better to just say 'injured', but perhaps there's a translation issue with this word.

    'Old' Top Eleven had actual descriptions of what the actual injury was but it was sometimes like the AM comments during the match - 'XXX pulls up holding his hamstring'; after the match he's out for 16 days with a broken leg...
    There was a time when even a player would be injured when an opposing player spat on him.

  5. #5
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    There was a time when even a player would be injured when an opposing player spat on him.
    Injured due to germs in the spitum 😁

  6. #6
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14,180
    "Give a rest to your battered player"