Thread: Does anyone think "Physically Damaged" not appropriate?

Addicted

Does anyone think "Physically Damaged" not appropriate?

When a player gets injured, he's tagged as "Physically Damaged", sounds like a permanently damaged product, anyone thinks it's not appropriate? Maybe "injured" or "out of action" sounds better?

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    When a player gets injured, he's tagged as "Physically Damaged", sounds like a permanently damaged product, anyone thinks it's not appropriate? Maybe "injured" or "out of action" sounds better?
    I think it would be interesting to see what actually happened to your player like broken bones or torn hamstring or something that would sound better.

I think “Physically Damaged” sounds like you crashed a car, I am not sure, physically damaged is a bit inappropriate to explain an injury because it doesn’t fully explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see what actually happened to your player like broken bones or torn hamstring or something that would sound better.

I think “Physically Damaged” sounds like you crashed a car, I am not sure, physically damaged is a bit inappropriate to explain an injury because it doesn’t fully explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it would be better to just say 'injured', but perhaps there's a translation issue with this word.

'Old' Top Eleven had actual descriptions of what the actual injury was but it was sometimes like the AM comments during the match - 'XXX pulls up holding his hamstring'; after the match he's out for 16 days with a broken leg...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Yeah, it would be better to just say 'injured', but perhaps there's a translation issue with this word.

'Old' Top Eleven had actual descriptions of what the actual injury was but it was sometimes like the AM comments during the match - 'XXX pulls up holding his hamstring'; after the match he's out for 16 days with a broken leg...
    There was a time when even a player would be injured when an opposing player spat on him.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    There was a time when even a player would be injured when an opposing player spat on him.
    Injured due to germs in the spitum 😁

"Give a rest to your battered player"