Thread: Penalties are unnerving....

Addicted

Penalties are unnerving....

More so than penalties in real soccer matches. My club's failure to progress in tournaments sometimes is decided by a single player's lapse in the penalty.

Seeing those small little colored dots from each side taking turns to kick looks funny but is unnerving.
    Last edited by redsnoopy; 11-07-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    More so than penalties in real soccer matches. My club's failure to progress in tournaments sometimes is decided by a single player's lapse in the penalty.

Seeing those small little colored dots from each side taking turns to kick looks funny but is unnerving.
    I had a penalty shootout before in an event last season. I accidentally left the game and I couldn’t go back in as the result was already decided. Not sure if normal games are like that as well where penalty shootouts are simulated before it takes place.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I had a penalty shootout before in an event last season. I accidentally left the game and I couldn’t go back in as the result was already decided. Not sure if normal games are like that as well where penalty shootouts are simulated before it takes place.
    Oh come on are you serious, penalty shootouts in real life are simulated, if you turn off the tv during one and turn it back on the result would have been decided lol.

Anyway I am joking I know in real life that penalty shootouts aren’t simulated,

But back on to in game terms, the penalty shootout had already been decided after the first 2 penalty shots.

I was In A CL Final (My first one ever playing this frame on 3 different accounts( against a 12% weaker team and we drew 0-0 after 120 mins.

So if we went to a penalty shootout, we went 2-0 up, we then missed three penalties in a row and we said by by to the CL.

Something, you can do is when the game in past the 88th minute you can click on the other team, if it is a draw at the time, let’s say you click on the opposing team, and go into their account detail’s you can yours and his/her form in the previous 5 matches, and you will be able to see your result 2 Top Eleven Minutes before the game finishes, I actually always do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didnt know the game is simulated till end before at the 88th min and 2nd penalty shot. Will check it out. Thanks
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 11-07-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Something, you can do is when the game in past the 88th minute you can click on the other team, if it is a draw at the time, let’s say you click on the opposing team, and go into their account detail’s you can yours and his/her form in the previous 5 matches, and you will be able to see your result 2 Top Eleven Minutes before the game finishes, I actually always do this.

Gosh, sounds like Schroeder cat experiment, if u click his team, u win. If u don't click, u lose. The result is determined by your action.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    Gosh, sounds like Schroeder cat experiment, if u click his team, u win. If u don't click, u lose. The result is determined by your action.
    This could be a good explanation for why I got a 0-1 home shock loss today, it was the 88th minute and it was 0-0 I lost with a 90th minute winner but before that, I rage quit the game and I went back on to see we lost the game.

Max

Penalties are unnerving....

I also have only ever played in 2 Penalty shootouts on the game. One in the CL Final and one in the Cup round of 16.

I lost the one in the CL Final and won the one in the Round of 16 (Insignificant)

Last edited by Max; 11-08-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Only thing simulated about penalty shootout is a choice of players that shall shoot penalties, rest is only animated (that is my oppinion, not sure about it).