Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Can anyone explain this match for me?

Rookie

Can anyone explain this match for me?

So glad I have stoped paying for this game last week

Newcastle United

Team Season
    Season 6

Manager Level
    Level 6

My team:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...le-united.html

yup sometimes this game gets really weird like that, happens to me more than usual for the last couple of seasons.
    ice87s likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Shenhua View Post

PSG
    4-1-4-0-1
    Hard attacking
    Probably red arrows on the MCs, maybe blue arrows on the flanks.
    Probably blue arrow on the DMC
    Max win bonus
    Players with superb morale and condition
    Maybe counterattack or long passing, or both
    Focus passing middle
    Manager didn't watch match.

Newcastle
    4-5-1V
    Defensive or possibly hard defensive (with an attacking formation!)
    Short passing?
    Possibly hard tackling?
    No or low win bonus OR poor morale or condition
    Manager probably watched match.

PSG formation and tactics resulted in a lot of low chance, quick strike shots. Newcastle formation and tactics yielded very few shots. Can't tell you any more than that from the info provided.
    But, I'm guessing you think you should have won because you have a scout team. All those stars and SAs should guarantee a win? LOL

Stars mean nothing. Those 3 and 4 star players could be 5 and 6 star quality in key skills. Even if they aren't, the skill difference between 6 stars (54) and 4 stars (44) isn't THAT great (about 20%)
    So figure roughly a 25-30% total advantage (reflected in the possession advantage) countered by better tactics (3x more shots), makes it close to a tossup. So why would a draw be all that surprising? Even without a PSG tactical advantage, Newcastle at best would have what? 80-85% probability of winning?
    Sjenon likes this.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Apprentice
    he countered your formation

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    PSG
    4-1-4-0-1
    Hard attacking
    Probably red arrows on the MCs, maybe blue arrows on the flanks.
    Probably blue arrow on the DMC
    Max win bonus
    Players with superb morale and condition
    Maybe counterattack or long passing, or both
    Focus passing middle
    Manager didn't watch match.

Newcastle
    4-5-1V
    Defensive or possibly hard defensive (with an attacking formation!)
    Short passing?
    Possibly hard tackling?
    No or low win bonus OR poor morale or condition
    Manager probably watched match.

PSG formation and tactics resulted in a lot of low chance, quick strike shots. Newcastle formation and tactics yielded very few shots. Can't tell you any more than that from the info provided.
    But, I'm guessing you think you should have won because you have a scout team. All those stars and SAs should guarantee a win? LOL

Stars mean nothing. Those 3 and 4 star players could be 5 and 6 star quality in key skills. Even if they aren't, the skill difference between 6 stars (54) and 4 stars (44) isn't THAT great (about 20%)
    So figure roughly a 25-30% total advantage (reflected in the possession advantage) countered by better tactics (3x more shots), makes it close to a tossup. So why would a draw be all that surprising? Even without a PSG tactical advantage, Newcastle at best would have what? 80-85% probability of winning?
    max bonus
    99% moral and 99% condition
    def?why I need Def with this team?lol
    hard def?!hahaha

better tactics?show me where is it?
    16:6 shot and 9:2 SOG?

"Stars mean nothing. Those 3 and 4 star players could be 5 and 6 star quality in key skills. Even if they aren't, the skill difference between 6 stars (54) and 4 stars (44) isn't THAT great (about 20%)
    "
    if it means nothing,why T11 ask us to pay 50 tokens for scout player,btw,I am not using scouts

the draw means nothing,I stop paying this game,win/draw/lose,whatever,but explain to me why he got 16:6 shot?and by which way I can improve my chance to shoot?
    Last edited by Shanghai Shenhua; 05-08-2013 at 06:01 AM.
    Newcastle United

Team Season
    Season 6

Manager Level
    Level 6

My team:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...le-united.html

Apprentice
    @shanghai shenhua There is no explanation, it's just the game engine who wanted to screw you up. Happened to me yesterday as well, with 9 scouts and 2 world class players but against a weaker team (2 and 3 stars), drew 2-2. This happens from time to time just to confirm the rule that nobody is invincible (I bet you win over 90% of the games). And i dont bother with tactics because with the same tactics i won 7 leagues in 8 seasons, and 5 CL in 7 tries. It's just the game engine even though there are some people here who actually believe they are in control of the game when the game controls us.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Shenhua View Post

This isnt that much of an upset, no offence but your teams not that much better than his and you cant see how he countered you? Did you play with attacking mentality? looks very much how razz has seen it.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by aiureah View Post
    @shanghai shenhua There is no explanation, it's just the game engine who wanted to screw you up. Happened to me yesterday as well, with 9 scouts and 2 world class players but against a weaker team (2 and 3 stars), drew 2-2. This happens from time to time just to confirm the rule that nobody is invincible (I bet you win over 90% of the games). And i dont bother with tactics because with the same tactics i won 7 leagues in 8 seasons, and 5 CL in 7 tries. It's just the game engine even though there are some people here who actually believe they are in control of the game when the game controls us.
    Personally i think its daft to waste time, money or both on a game that you feel you have no bearing over? Before anyone one starts, you have every right to play the game for what ever reason, just seems illogical!

I love how this game is all about countering.

People pay to play a football adaptation of a paper/scissors/stone game ;-).

Banned
    4-1-4-1 is almost the same as 4-5-1 V except you have two advanced midfielders. His formation is more defensive and pretty-well much counters your formation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast