Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Suggestions from observations for newbies on essential packs and the rest

Pro

Suggestions from observations for newbies on essential packs and the rest

So now I have played for nearly 5 seasons, so neither am I an experienced manager nor a total newbie. Clean sweep of all club trophies and association will also stay in platinum this season too (on course for another treble).

Below is some observations and suggestions to new joiners on conditions, match and relating system factors (listed in sequence, not importance, for easier understanding), so newbies may be able to save some restpacks (also known as greens) and save up the correct packs (in my opinion) when timing allows:

1) Daily refresh time typically would be around GMT 2.15am - 2.25am
    2) First game on any day will be at GMT 3.31am or later
    3) Condition recovery is 6% every 3 hours (Yes, we all know that!!!...Please bear with me and let me explain along with the rest of factors)
    4) Typical condition lost for players is around 15% - 20%, if tactic option is low pressing + zonal
    5) Typical condition lost for players is up to 30%, if tactic option is high pressing + man-marking
    6) Typically there are about 5-6 serious injuries throughout a season when the pitch is at low level
    7) Lack of funds is a certainty until around level 4 to 5, even if all trophies, hence prize, are won
    8) Lack of funds does not mean you cannot have a full squad for team bonus and training level increase

Therefore:

A) We have about 1 hour, from GMT 2.25 - 3.25 to train our player and team bonus to max 10% during this time
    B) If ads are available, 2 blue (condition) / red (injury) / money ads should be spared for the above bonus training (The rest to be done at own leisure)
    C) Greens should be taken as available, as they are needed to mainly train up players and also recovery for multiple matches within short timeframe
    D) Until we have sufficient funds (not tokens) to buy whoever we want from auctions or recommendations, the money ads should be taken as a priority
    E) With D) above, the only exception is that reds should be taken in the last 5-6 days of a season - money value will be doubled in a few days when new season starts, plus injury packs should be stocked up for next season (system seems to incur more injuries when reds are low)
    F) Do try to ensure conditions are near max just before daily refresh, as it forms a healthy basis for matches in the following day
    G) For matches that we have a significant quality advantage, say 20%+, and confident in winning, try to use low press + zonal. Conditions should be back to 90%+ if there are at least 6 hours between the 2 matches. And so we can get away with not spending any greens in that day
    H) Rotate your squad to play with subs in easier earlier match can save greens
    I) Alternatively, you could play 3 key players for 45 minutes with sub for the other 45 to save conditions
    J) For the second match of the day, when it is not close to daily refresh time or there is no very early match the next day, it may make sense to go hard attacking + high pressing for a winning margin of 5+ goals for an extra blue pack
    K) Similarly, when any player is on 2 goals or 2 assists, do the above. Getting a hat trick or 3 assists for on-fire status will save you at least 2 blues, plus the extra possibility in your key player getting motm (Effects of on-fire status is another topic)
    L) Key players performing very poorly (eg. Missing a penalty or open goal) should be substituted early, especially if that is the first match of the day. Rather save conditions for the next match and give a good sub to try
    M) Squad should be full with 28 players soon after a new season begins. You may only use the first-11 plus subs in competitive matches, while the rest should be training with all the conditions available to raise your training level. Level 1 manager buying a 25yo 40+% multi-position player should cost 50k max
    N) You should level up a few suitable drills to pro level earlier (and world-class if luckily available early) and use them for most players. This can only be achievable early with a full 28-player squad, and it will greatly benefit the training impact on power training
    O) With ground expansion, whilst lack of funds is definite, options other than stadium upgrade should be easily affordable. Priority should be:
    1) Pitch (to reduce injury, hence pressure on reds);
    2) Medical (more reds available, so ads can be used for funds);
    3) Training ground (Greens);
    4) Last should usually be stadium in 3rd week of season or later when squad is already full and no funds are needed for players

Hope the above helps those who just started the game and yet find it difficult to maintain the balance of packs use and savings.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Max
    As someone who played the game in stints for nearly 3 years, I agree with all your points and this should be a great help for all newbies
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 12-30-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    Pacurar likes this.

As someone who played this game for roughly 6-7 years your post is too long.
    2 main things: farm rests 25 every day forever with the ads you can store, farm money on the 15 ads you can t store.
    Buy couple of Fast Trainers, 2-3 you should have money for them AML-AMR-ST and train them.And by doing that you re using a very effective formation with wingers.
    At the end of the season sell players which you won t keep for the next season.
    As long as you re 5-10% better than the opponent with the right tactic and with your attackers they are useless with any formation they throw at you.
    And one more thing: i would buy 3*( or 40-59% expensive 18y old) and improve their white skills as high as possible.
    Done and Dusted lol.
    Last edited by SuperDunk; 12-30-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    I m still around, LOL!

Blues or Morales as long as you re winning you won t need to farm, and they are useless anyway.
    Reds or Treatments as long as you re growing your stadium facilities you should receive couple every day and if you re watching the game and not getting a card you also get one, so you Don t need to farm that too.
    The 8 players beside the Fast Trainers attackers I talked about can be 4-5* players you will sell at the end of the season, if you have more money you can keep more fast trainers, but 3-4 is the max I would do personally.you can keep them 7-8* every season with ease.
    I have a friend who uses this tactic and she wins everything.
    Have a guy I helped having a blast of a season right now.
    The main player , preferably AML-AMR should have the highest rating of them all and I would train him free kick Special Ability and use him at penalties,free kicks and corners.
    That concludes the most important things I think.

Pro
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    Blues or Morales as long as you re winning you won t need to farm, and they are useless anyway.
    Reds or Treatments as long as you re growing your stadium facilities you should receive couple every day and if you re watching the game and not getting a card you also get one, so you Don t need to farm that too.
    The 8 players beside the Fast Trainers attackers I talked about can be 4-5* players you will sell at the end of the season, if you have more money you can keep more fast trainers, but 3-4 is the max I would do personally.you can keep them 7-8* every season with ease.
    I have a friend who uses this tactic and she wins everything.
    Have a guy I helped having a blast of a season right now.
    The main player , preferably AML-AMR should have the highest rating of them all and I would train him free kick Special Ability and use him at penalties,free kicks and corners.
    That concludes the most important things I think.
    As a more advanced manager in higher level when you may have saved up hundreds or even thousands of blues and reds, those packs may seem useless to you.

For a new manager who start with 20 reds and blues, and could barely upgrade the pitch or medical facility yet, and also may just have enough good players to cover first-11 and a few good subs, it is a constant nightmare when a 5-day injury pops up some 5-6 times a season. That 100 reds needed per season do not appear from nowhere. Reds gained from ads also means money ads are not taken. Consequently, stadium unable to be upgraded sooner also means all facilities, including pitch and medical facility, cannot be upgraded.

And if we are facing similar level managers in quarter finals onwards, lower level managers’ defenders are unlikely to match with the relatively stronger attackers. That means receiving cards being likely when using easy tackling is not viable. For example, I have a 120% ST, and nearly every game my opponent receives yellow cards and around 1 in 7-8 matches they would get a red. Earning reds through matches are not that easy in lower level matches.

Blues are generally better, but then if we draw or lose a few games, there would be a drain on that too. Final matches in tight leagues, semis and finals would cost a lot of blues to max as well.

Blues and reds could be used as part of the inputs for youth training now, so they could be useful substitute as greens for new managers when most would be trying hard to save the precious greens.

The money prize of winning both the league and cup cannot even buy us an 18yo 90% FT in season 1 and 2, so the money ads are absolutely necessary to generate the funds needed for the FT purchase. A new manager would be doing extremely well to keep 4 18/19yo 110% FT, plus sufficient funds to buy another 11 good players for next season, by the end of season 2. And that is before the stadium upgrade cost being taken into account.

I do understand that more experienced and higher level manager like yourself would feel anything other than greens are useless (They could well be when we have several hundreds or more ). Using them for youth intensity training instead of greens is possible.

5-10% advantage is very insignificant if a lower level manager only operates on a AML/ST/AMR(+AMC) basis when his/her strongest players readily gives away their likely formation and tactics. Playing a 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-3-1-1 with defensive, long ball and counter could block all space for wingers and win with counter goals with ease. Wins about 3 out of 4 matches in platinum association with 5-10% disadvantage against these offensive combinations.

A manager should win most when they follow your advice on squad building though.
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 12-31-2019 at 05:15 AM.
    Sillybq likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post

As a more advanced manager in higher level when you may have saved up hundreds or even thousands of blues and reds, those packs may seem useless to you.

For a new manager who start with 20 reds and blues, and could barely upgrade the pitch or medical facility yet, and also may just have enough good players to cover first-11 and a few good subs, it is a constant nightmare when a 5-day injury pops up some 5-6 times a season. That 100 reds needed per season do not appear from nowhere. Reds gained from ads also means money ads are not taken. Consequently, stadium unable to be upgraded sooner also means all facilities, including pitch and medical facility, cannot be upgraded.

And if we are facing similar level managers in quarter finals onwards, lower level managers’ defenders are unlikely to match with the relatively stronger attackers. That means receiving cards being likely when using easy tackling is not viable. For example, I have a 120% ST, and nearly every game my opponent receives yellow cards and around 1 in 7-8 matches they would get a red. Earning reds through matches are not that easy in lower level matches.

Blues are generally better, but then if we draw or lose a few games, there would be a drain on that too. Final matches in tight leagues, semis and finals would cost a lot of blues to max as well.

Blues and reds could be used as part of the inputs for youth training now, so they could be useful substitute as greens for new managers when most would be trying hard to save the precious greens.

The money prize of winning both the league and cup cannot even buy us an 18yo 90% FT in season 1 and 2, so the money ads are absolutely necessary to generate the funds needed for the FT purchase. A new manager would be doing extremely well to keep 4 18/19yo 110% FT, plus sufficient funds to buy another 11 good players for next season, by the end of season 2. And that is before the stadium upgrade cost being taken into account.

I do understand that more experienced and higher level manager like yourself would feel anything other than greens are useless (They could well be when we have several hundreds or more ). Using them for youth intensity training instead of greens is possible.

5-10% advantage is very insignificant if a lower level manager only operates on a AML/ST/AMR(+AMC) basis when his/her strongest players readily gives away their likely formation and tactics. Playing a 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-3-1-1 with defensive, long ball and counter could block all space for wingers and win with counter goals with ease. Wins about 3 out of 4 matches in platinum association with 5-10% disadvantage against these offensive combinations.

A manager should win most when they follow your advice on squad building though.

I agree with everything mentioned as well. I read that reds are pretty useless and have not watched many ads to store reds. But this season I faced the consequences of my actions. Last week, I have had to sell some injured reserves and buy replacements instead. I believe my team has had more than 12 injured players this season draining my reds down to below 30. I told myself, I have to keep these 20 plus reds for my first team hence the forced sell.

With regards to young FTs, I would like to add some points based on my own experiences.

1) You should try to buy 2 or 3 18 year old FTs at level 2. They cost a lot more tokens the moment you hit level 3 when you find you are competing with all levels, not just level 1 & 2 players.

2) With 5 plus million to start and 80 tokens at level 1 and 5* 18 year old FTs costing at least 2.5 million each. They should be avoided. They cost 1 token for a reason. Either buy slightly older or lower quality so you can buy more players.

Join an association, ask your friends to invite you if you are below level 4. It works for some players not all. Some players I spoke to say it is the version you are using and some say it is the server. I can’t find the right answer for it.

Do note players lose around 20 percent value when you get promoted. So as mentioned by superdunk, keep only players you will definitely be using the entire following season. If you feel any inclination to replace them next season, just sell them at season end and buy back early next season. Keep low value players and the bare minimum 14 players to lose as little money as possible. This only applies if you have the time to buy replacements at a good price and if you have sufficient tokens to buy replacements.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 12-31-2019 at 05:53 AM.
    Der_Ryan_M and HeavensAAA like this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I agree with everything mentioned as well. I read that reds are pretty useless and have not watched many ads to store reds. But this season I faced the consequences of my actions. Last week, I have had to sell some injured reserves and buy replacements instead. I believe my team has had more than 12 injured players this season draining my reds down to below 30. I told myself, I have to keep these 20 plus reds for my first team hence the forced sell.

With regards to young FTs, I would like to add some points based on my own experiences.

1) You should try to buy 2 or 3 18 year old FTs at level 2. They cost a lot more tokens the moment you hit level 3 when you find you are competing with all levels, not just level 1 & 2 players.

2) With 5 plus million to start and 80 tokens at level 1 and 5* 18 year old FTs costing at least 2.5 million each. They should be avoided. They cost 1 token for a reason. Either buy slightly older or lower quality so you can buy more players.

Join an association, ask your friends to invite you if you are below level 4. It works for some players not all. Some players I spoke to say it is the version you are using and some say it is the server. I can’t find the right answer for it.

Do note players lose around 20 percent value when you get promoted. So as mentioned by superdunk, keep only players you will definitely be using the entire following season. If you feel any inclination to replace them next season, just sell them at season end and buy back early next season. Keep low value players and the bare minimum 14 players to lose as little money as possible. This only applies if you have the time to buy replacements at a good price and if you have sufficient tokens to buy replacements.
    Sillybq and superdunk, thanks a lot for your inputs as well!

That is exactly why I started this thread as suggestions to newbies when we have learned our lessons the hard way. Reds should be stocked up to at least 50, or ideally around 100 at any time so 2-3 unlucky injuries in a row won’t impact our season flow. Adding to this, low level managers should avoid arranging friendlies because of possible injuries as well. Gaining a few greens cannot compensate the loss of reds in early seasons. From own experience, pitch level 9 is about the right level when we could gain greens from friendlies, while we do not need money ads and get all reds to heal on injuries incurred.

And regarding FTs, sillybq is absolutely right on buying 18yo FTs early at the start of season 2, as well as the suggested value-saving by selling off those non-core players providing that you have the tokens and time to buy a new lot next season. Those FTs may cost a few to up to 10 tokens (way excessive if more than 10 for level 2) and could last us 7 seasons when properly maintained. At the start of season 3, you will face with the fact that FTs could cost 30+ tokens and the most hurting factor is that the money value of such a FT would cost 30% more as well. The chance is you could still afford the tokens but not the inflated money value when your fund is tight in needing to buy a whole load of players.

Therefore, the youth academy comes to the rescue. Some may just say I am selling youth for the developer (and I am not!), but the fact is there is no better alternative than paying 30+ tokens for a 80+% FT with designated positions & SA for FREE at the start of season 3. Level 1 manager should take note of this and consider the preferred position of youth, as this option would be gone if not taken by day 3 next season. Managers of level 3 and a few above, like myself, should feel very grateful that the old youth system giving us a 6-18 token option for a FT at the start of season 3.

With association, do start finding one to join when you will be promoting to level 4 next season. Platinum and higher gold associations would be ideal as the token reward for staying in the same division is at least a fold or even 3-fold of your TV rights token income, though you would both need to settle a very good first-11 early and also a good all-time stat to be considered, as the first association match-up draw will be taken by the end of day 5 - It would make sense for a competent and ambitious association to get members concluded by day 4. Keep checking the association column in the forum for hires there.

Apprentice
    only issue with 28 players is that you are paying wages to all of them when money is tight, go for a few less

@HeavensAAA i actually started a new account 3 months ago and i am level 4, so I m actually really documented on the theme, and the reason i started a new account is because i couldn t farm greens for a reason on the main account, now i ve noticed i can. I don t have time to have multiple accounts, so doing the strict, like watching ads for rests and train the players with the 13 extra i get is what i mainly do.( i use 2x bonus while training).
    I played some friendlies and i have almost 1000 blues at lvl 4, 250 reds and rests are piling up every season.
    I did bought a monthly card on lvl 1 , that didnt influenced at all my budget tho.At lvl 1 i had around 5 or 6 FT players but i bought them while being 3* and trained them to 6* so i earned a lot of money, and that s thanks to the rest mainly, and the rest of the players i sold at the end of the season. That s what i am saying 3*-4* FT are easily more affordable at lower levels and they dont cost much, max 10T each if you start a bidding war like i did.
    I also advice newbies from lower levels to buy low 3* under 100k players at lvl 1, i did bought around 7 or 8 i think at level 1 and every level you advance they drop in quality, making you face lesser competition in the cup, CL and the league.
    I joined a gold 1 association at lvl 2 and promoted it to platinum and earned myself 100T in the process, now finding a G1 which will promote or regular platinum association is kind of dependent on what team you have, lesser than 95% doesn t cut it, trust me.
    I watched money ads from lvl 1 to the starting lvl 4 because i actually didn t knew i can actually train players with the unstorable ads.

Suggestions from observations for newbies on essential packs and the rest-my-team-2.jpg

Suggestions from observations for newbies on essential packs and the rest-untitled.png
    my team value is 150M and it could have been much higher if i didn t developed the 2 legends i have.
    The guy from above is a token buyer, so that s why he has a more valuable club than me.
    I m still around, LOL!

And this is my team right now.
    I m still around, LOL!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast