Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Season 127 - Are you ready?

Won 6-0 in the cup semis and i m on to the finals against a almost even opponent.
    Won 6-0 as well in the league against the current 8th place, thought it will be tougher, suazo scoring a hattrick and currently leading the goalscoring charts.
    The league stayed the same, 1st place 45 points, me 44 points and 3rd place 41 points.
    I am leading the goal difference with 10 goals over 1st and 19 over 2nd. So in a case of a tie i should easily won it.
    In 2 days i am playing the game of the season, i hope that in tomorrow s game they don t give my suazo a yellow again thus making him miss the game.
    Season 127 - Are you ready?-uite-de-tine.jpg
    The golden boot is a very close battle. Hopefully suazo will win it again.
    I m still around, LOL!

I think that Friday s game is the decider against the 1st place, the guy in the 3rd can t make me slip again.
    I won t allow him !
    I m still around, LOL!

Max

Season 127 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    I think that Friday s game is the decider against the 1st place, the guy in the 3rd can t make me slip again.
    I won t allow him !
    I have only lost once in the league which was a typical troll 0-3 loss, when the servers weren’t working, (that was a sad excuse of a match) since then I have 23 wins from 24 CONCEDING all of my goals at home in the league and 9 out of 14 at home, this sounds stupid but I want a a loss away in the league so then there is an even record for home and away and then I would leave it at that, If I win the rest of my league games, which is should, I will match my record of 75 points in the league.

And you definitely won’t let him slip, hopefully you can hold on to the lead against him because you were 2-0 up.

Sorry for the typo as autocorrect likes to make me sound stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Max; 01-22-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    SuperDunk likes this.

Pro
    Won 6-0 in the cup semis and i m on to the finals against a almost even opponent.
    Won 6-0 as well in the league against the current 8th place, thought it will be tougher, suazo scoring a hattrick and currently leading the goalscoring charts.
    The league stayed the same, 1st place 45 points, me 44 points and 3rd place 41 points.
    I am leading the goal difference with 10 goals over 1st and 19 over 2nd. So in a case of a tie i should easily won it.
    In 2 days i am playing the game of the season, i hope that in tomorrow s game they don t give my suazo a yellow again thus making him miss the game.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uite de tine.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	131893

The golden boot is a very close battle. Hopefully suazo will win it again.
    Just a thought. Usually have this same thought process about a CL/Cup semi final 2nd leg.

If your league opponent is not strong enough to cause you problems in winning the match, isn’t it safer to just bench your top striker to avoid all the possibility of that 2nd yellow card?

Yes, it’s very obvious that the top scorer reward is on the balance as things stand, but in the bigger picture, having the ability to field the strongest line-up to win against the league leader for the title sounds more crucial.

Not trying to jinx it, what if your top striker scores a hat-trick to head the top scorer comfortably then gets a yellow card to make life difficult against the league leader?

Both you and the league leader are within my friend list, so I’ll watch your match on Friday as a neutral.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

I haven t seen a back to back yellow card for an attacker in any competition as far as i am concerned.
    It s also an easy game, so conceding a yellow is less possible , an easy opponent bring me the chance to score couple of goals for suazo. I will take that risk.
    Don t worry about your friend, he will get sinked in 3rd place after i m done with him.
    I m still around, LOL!

Max
    I haven t seen a back to back yellow card for an attacker in any competition as far as i am concerned.
    It s also an easy game, so conceding a yellow is less possible , an easy opponent bring me the chance to score couple of goals for suazo. I will take that risk.
    Don t worry about your friend, he will get sinked in 3rd place after i m done with him.
    I will be cheering for you, hopefully he gets humiliated at your home ground, he will still be in second if you beat unless he drops points tomorrow. I have an unassailable 10 point lead now

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.
    SuperDunk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I will be cheering for you, hopefully he gets humiliated at your home ground, he will still be in second if you beat unless he drops points tomorrow. I have an unassailable 10 point lead now

Actually i am playing away haha, so any support is much welcomed.
    If you lose the title now you should be so ashamed of yourself...
    I m still around, LOL!

Max

Actually i am playing away haha, so any support is much welcomed.
    If you lose the title now you should be so ashamed of yourself...
    Oh well, I will still be there, I will not let the title slip, unless my players do a Steven Gerrard in a couple games but I don’t think so, I am much stronger than everybody else and hopefully I can finish 20 or so points clear.

I have only 1 game left against that second place at home (I wish it was away because I would win all the time .) But that is the only hard game I think that is hard, (except for the cup semi finals which are tough)

Last edited by Max; 01-22-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Max

Here is the result of our cup semi final first leg, We won 2-3, great win, we have the 3 away goals and it puts us in a decent position for the final. We need to put in a good performance at home to get through. Also the interesting thing is, I conceded my 500th and 501st goal as a TE manager goal as a TE Manager, I also got my 3131st goal. (All out of 929 matches)

24 wins out of 25 so far this season (a new record for me)

Super Dunk (my TE player) scored the first goal

Last edited by Max; 01-22-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Well you did say this about 2 weeks ago.

“Had a look at the Champions League. I will have my chances to go far judging by all the opponents. No standout team that is a clear favorite over everyone else.

Anyway, 33-4-0 last season, but I began this one with a loss in the first cup round at home to a team 30% worse than mine. My goalkeeper, defender, right back, two wingers and two strikers were all on fire. But he had five 2 star players who easily handled it all and beat me 0-1 at my stadium. Makes sense

The question is, did I just happen to dodge a bullet by avoiding the troll result in some hugely important game, or are Nordeus giving me the subtle "You've had your one month of fun, now you suffer” message”

Well I think Nordeus certainly gave you the "You've had your one month of fun, now you suffer” message, because you said you were a flop in the CL.

Hopefully you win the league and the cup if you are still in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was knocked out of the cup a few days ago. But I won't bother with that competition much going forward. Won it once, that's enough to satisfy me there for a long time.

Gotta get that CL during the next couple of seasons, that's going to be the main goal...
    United FC: 6 leagues (1 invincible), 1 cup, 2 CLs
    St. Tropez 1964: 6 leagues (1 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL (One treble)
    Newton Heath: 7 leagues (2 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL, 1 SL, 1 SC
    The Black Pearl: 3 leagues (1 inv), 2 cups, 1 CL, 2 SL, 1 SC
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Manchester Heath: 6 leagues (3 inv), 4 Champions Leagues, 2 Cups, 3 Super Leagues, 4 Super Cups... (One quadruple)

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast