Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Announcement] - Names Changes - Special Characters

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Administrator

[Announcement] - Names Changes - Special Characters

Hi Managers,

In order to improve the experience and ensure the stability of the game, we’ve had a server release today in which we’ve removed all the special characters (emoticons, symbols, exponents, numbers, mathematical signs, etc) from Association names. In the following hours, we'll do it throughout Top Eleven. This includes club/FAs/ names/stadium names, etc.

For Managers that had their complete names in special characters, the name will be changed to a default name, however you’ll be able to later adjust it as normal. We understand that this requires tokens in some instances. Please contact our Support team using the “?” in-game for further assistance.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused, however this is change necessary in order to improve the experience for all Managers.

Thank you for your understanding.

Addicted
    Every initiative is nice to speed up the game, in this particular case its kind of bad Nordeus not refunding players that have their names changed, the right thing to do would be to refund their spent tokens.

That's great. Makes it more convenient for us to use the name search for associations that previously had “unique” names.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    That's great. Makes it more convenient for us to use the name search for associations that previously had “unique” names.
    looks like it’s gonna be harder to find

Quote Originally Posted by theclubofwins View Post
    looks like it’s gonna be harder to find
    Not for the ones i was searching for. I didn’t have some of the emoticons that were used for the names. No asso tag as i was searching based on screenshots

good decision but i think for club name, nordeus should let the number be available for it
    (or just limit for 4 numbers in club name) because somehow people likes to put no. of year in their club name.

in case you're wondering why nordeus wants to limit special character.
    it's because this special characters can trigger display bug.
    or for some people device (be it smartphone or computer) cant display the name because they dont install weird keyboard apps that make all this special character.

[Announcement] - Names Changes - Special Characters-keling.jpg

Last edited by jarharnamme; 01-20-2020 at 07:07 PM.
    milpol and khris like this.

Max

Exclamation

I am fine with this update as it is good to improve the system, although I wish they could keep it the same for just team names but, as I said in a message to Lian, that if it affects the system, it is fine, Jarharnamme said that this creates the visual bug, if that is the case I am fine with it.

I dont know, atmost nordes probably would reimburse them 30tokens or if they change 28 names for 28 player in squad, plus another 5 token for team name it's 33token. (I see at most people have like 20 special characters for their player names) so 30token is fair..I think.
    well they do change their team name like they change clothes so whatever, none of my concern

Just remove the special characters from the names for zero token

Top Eleven YouTube channel:Miltiadis K
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

It would be fair to put this anounsement in
    the game so all active players can see it and not only the forum members. And you should give a period of 10-15 days to the managers to make these changes alone and for free. I live in a neighborhood very near you Nordeus, at Blok 45, and this is the name of my team. Why do l have to pay to change it? So you found an opportunity to grab tokens from the players with no real excuse. Your "sorry for the inconvenience" that l got in return does not buy players nor green packs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast