Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Flaw in New Transfer System?

Question Flaw in New Transfer System?

So, the new transfer system is like associations in that all players > L2 are bidding against the same players, seeing the same number of stars, right?

So, when I go up a level and my 30 year old, 3* or 4* players drop a star.... Am I the only one realizing that without bidding based on League level and no way to train them up, there's no way to sell middle/older age players?

The beauty of the old system was that my older 3 star players were 4 star or 5 star players to managers on lower levels. Now there is literally no incentive to purchase middle/older aged players. This means if you pick up a 30 year old filler player early in the season, you're pretty well stuck with them until they retire, unless you elect "Sell now" for 1/3 their worth.

Quote Originally Posted by swickster View Post
    So, the new transfer system is like associations in that all players > L2 are bidding against the same players, seeing the same number of stars, right?

So, when I go up a level and my 30 year old, 3* or 4* players drop a star.... Am I the only one realizing that without bidding based on League level and no way to train them up, there's no way to sell middle/older age players?

The beauty of the old system was that my older 3 star players were 4 star or 5 star players to managers on lower levels. Now there is literally no incentive to purchase middle/older aged players. This means if you pick up a 30 year old filler player early in the season, you're pretty well stuck with them until they retire, unless you elect "Sell now" for 1/3 their worth.
    Only negotiations can resolve this...

The only better thing than the old TE 2015 transfer market, was the selling system.
    Now they f.. that too

Quote Originally Posted by swickster View Post

The age and star rating of a player is not important when it comes to selling them. With the recent tweaks all you need to do is lower the asking price (two clicks down from the max price generally works for me). Do that and they'll sell.

To be clear, when you put a player up for sale they don't go back on to the auction. There is a calculation that works out how quickly your player sells and how much for, then that player is deleted. So all you need to affect is that calculation, everything else is irrelevant.
    swickster and ParshulXXL like this.

Addicted
    The chalenge is making a similar system but more rubust against abuse from multi accounts... i guess that should be hard...

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Only negotiations can resolve this...
    negos is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    The age and star rating of a player is not important when it comes to selling them. With the recent tweaks all you need to do is lower the asking price (two clicks down from the max price generally works for me). Do that and they'll sell.

To be clear, when you put a player up for sale they don't go back on to the auction. There is a calculation that works out how quickly your player sells and how much for, then that player is deleted. So all you need to affect is that calculation, everything else is irrelevant.
    Good info! Will try your 2 clicks down method. Have always been using max price but it has been difficult selling 4 star and below recently.

Addicted
    I could not sell my 1* player for 3 days, using the minimum price. Ended up doing the “sell now” option.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by theclubofwins View Post
    negos is dead
    Yes, mostly dead but with some activities in the lower level. Especially from level 4 & 5 managers who find it impossible to compete with high level managers for FTs on both T and funds. Had bids in all 3 seasons earlier.

To test the market (and also an extra squad member for training experience), I have bought a 1T 3-position 18yo to train to 59% (20/50 on shadow striker SA to limit further improvement) with speed @ 144% and passing @ 131% , and 3 greys on 60%+ for the viewing level 5 manager (All stats to add 40% for level 5). Should be pretty appealing as attacking stat is 111%, so see if there would be any bids.

https://ibb.co/ydSYY8b

Quote Originally Posted by Sinany03 View Post
    I could not sell my 1* player for 3 days, using the minimum price. Ended up doing the “sell now” option.
    Why would you sell 1* players now? They are priceless in draw manipulation, and would be worthless for money in their 30s. And should keep them for training experience (unless maxed already), and at least could be used for team bonus training until end of season at least...
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 02-22-2020 at 03:24 AM.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Post Deleted
    Last edited by swickster; 03-04-2020 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Deleting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast