Thread: Does the bonus work in the opposite way?

vad
    Apprentice

Does the bonus work in the opposite way?

I wonder if due to the bug (or evil design) in this game the bonuses assigned during the game are working in the opposite way. However many games of my team I have been watching, I don't recall a single time when I saw any correlation between my directives and what was taking place. And if there was any, it must have been the reverse.
    Today my 105% team played against the opponent, 70% team. I'm watching, plus one friend, the opponent does not. My field. Since by all signs this has to be an easy victory, I assign attacking tactics, and once the game starts, give attacking bonus.
    At minute 70, the score is still 0:0. Since I feel I need to change something, I change the tactics to normal and give the next bonus as defense. This apparently brings the needed change, and by minute 80 the score is already 3:0 in my favor, and so it ends.
    Coincidence? or not?
    Did anybody actually ever see any observable change in the gameplay depending on the assigned bonus, or changing the tactics? did you ever see actual long or shot passes depending on what you specified? or passes focused on the direction you specified?

The bonus you can select during the match have absolutely no effect in my opinion, so I didn't use them anymore for ages.

First of all , changing the tactics at 70' against a much weaker team is too late . secondly , bonus gives a boost , that doesnt mean if you choose attacking bonus , you will start scoring like crazy , or every chance will be a goal . You will get a boost in attack . effeciency ? Chances ? Magical passes ? Uknown
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

vad
    Apprentice
    > changing the tactics at 70' against a much weaker team is too late
    This case just showed that apparently it is not.

> secondly , bonus gives a boost , that doesnt mean if you choose attacking bonus , you will start scoring like crazy ,
    My assumption is that since it's all eventually based on RNG, attacking bonus probably increases the chances that attacks conducted while bonus is in effect, will succeed. Defending bonus probably means that opponent's attacks will not.
    And again, this case just showed that I did start scoring like crazy - only after giving defensive bonus

vad
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    The bonus you can select during the match have absolutely no effect in my opinion, so I didn't use them anymore for ages.
    Right. Did you see anything you did during the match that did have any effect? What about - before the match? tactics, focus passing, mentality?

Quote Originally Posted by vad View Post
    Right. Did you see anything you did during the match that did have any effect? What about - before the match? tactics, focus passing, mentality?
    I change formations pre-game or during a match or I sub a player when he has a bad rating. Also might change tactics if things are not going my way. I don't pay too much attention to be honest, either I find the settings which are good in the game or not, nothing you can do really.

Quote Originally Posted by vad View Post
    > changing the tactics at 70' against a much weaker team is too late
    This case just showed that apparently it is not.

> secondly , bonus gives a boost , that doesnt mean if you choose attacking bonus , you will start scoring like crazy ,
    My assumption is that since it's all eventually based on RNG, attacking bonus probably increases the chances that attacks conducted while bonus is in effect, will succeed. Defending bonus probably means that opponent's attacks will not.
    And again, this case just showed that I did start scoring like crazy - only after giving defensive bonus
    This Game dont have a strict tactical sense, all is about find the way to control the match and have the chances by your side, and this can be achieved playing attacking, defensive, or any other mentality. As the meaning of defensive isnt literal, defensive doesnt mean "stay defending" strictly.

Regarding the Training Bonuses, these add a random boosters, to few selected players. If u try the condition bonus you Will realize that 4 random players save more condition meanwhile u r using the bonus, so, all bonuses are the same, so based in the variability of the creation of scenarios, this means that probably theres only 1 bonus that can have a real impact un the simulation of a particular match, due the own scenario factors -condition can matter, or not, long passing can work or not in your favour, tackling can be against u, or not etc..- So, due the own variations, too of contributive roles, and that tend to select different players from one match to another to determine a score, probably, as said, only 1 of the bonuses can have a perceptible effect.

Defensive bonus works offensively with teams with good crossers and ck takers due to the heading positioning and bravery stats. Plus your team gets more chances offensively if they are denying chances and possession due to better defensive play.