Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Season 131 - Are you ready?

Addicted
    Just now noticed that there are two Level 5 Managers in our League of Level 4 Managers.

Max

Season 131 - Are you ready?

So, we played the second leg of our cup match and won 1-2, so we scrape through 4-5 on aggregate, we did well enough, into the Round of 16 of a +1 level cup, it is going to be hard to win 3 cups in a row but I am up for the challenge, I look like I am 83% to them, so they could vastly improve their squads and I can’t really, because, I have nearly done all of my business.

Highlights of the match.

Thanks all for the support once again.

Finally, 8 wins out of 9 so far this season, certainly not our best start to a season but we have scored 59 goals and conceded 6 so we are not doing to bad for ourselves.

Well, that’s it until later on, the cup could be difficult, because if someone from my cup buys a near six star player in the market, to me, he will look like he is nearly 7* which is bad for us, but there is nothing we can do about it, I will just focus on my own team.
    Last edited by Max; 05-01-2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Autocorrect
    Siddharth Singh and Nebu like this.

Apprentice
    What could you do to a decent striker on paper who never scores any goals and misses a lot of chances?

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    So, we played the second leg of our cup match and won 1-2, so we scrape through 4-5 on aggregate, we did well enough, into the Round of 16 of a +1 level cup, it is going to be hard to win 3 cups in a row but I am up for the challenge, I look like I am 83% to them, so they could vastly improve their squads and I can’t really, because, I have nearly done all of my business.

Highlights of the match.

Thanks all for the support once again.

Finally, 8 wins out of 9 so far this season, certainly not our best start to a season but we have scored 59 goals and conceded 6 so we are not doing to bad for ourselves.

Well, that’s it until later on, the cup could be difficult, because if someone from my cup buys a near six star player in the market, to me, he will look like he is nearly 7* which is bad for us, but there is nothing we can do about it, I will just focus on my own team.
    Congrats. Benitez to the rescue.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by eurofieds View Post
    What could you do to a decent striker on paper who never scores any goals and misses a lot of chances?

Use him as reserve. Buy a decent one. Before buying look at his ratings and number of goals scored per match.
    Nebu likes this.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Singh View Post
    Congrats. Benitez to the rescue.
    Yes, again , only player that ever shows up normally for big matches, I think he scored twice in the previous match as well, the 3-3 draw at my home ground.
    Siddharth Singh likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Singh View Post
    Use him as reserve. Buy a decent one. Before buying look at his ratings and number of goals scored per match.
    I actually got him from the academy.. But okay.

Personally I would just let him play through it and sub him more often if he performs badly. Eventually he will pick up some form, it was like this with most of my strikers during their career. They had a bad season and then suddenly had some great performances.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Personally I would just let him play through it and sub him more often if he performs badly. Eventually he will pick up some form, it was like this with most of my strikers during their career. They had a bad season and then suddenly had some great performances.
    Ah I see.. Thank you

Ah I see.. Thank you

Yeah so for me I always invest a lot in my starting 11 and only in my starting 11, so I don't really have replacements on the bench nor can I buy them easily. So I keep hold of my players for a long time and my main experience with this is, that if one players performance drops for a game or sometimes a whole season, the other players step up for it. It is just about having a balanced team where everyone can have a superb day or a day off.
    Siddharth Singh and Nebu like this.

Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast