Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Season 134 - Are you ready?

There is no reason to lose games on purpose in my league level 91, cause we are going to stay same level next season no metter first or last in league. Some managers are just TOXIC.

Addicted
    Still going strong halfway into the season. We suffered our first loss of the season a couple of rounds ago. It wasn't an important game though, as we fielded our reserve team in a CL game after securing the first place in the group stage prior to the game.

We're through to the quarter finals in the cup and the first knockout round in CL. League is going great. We're in first place and topping the top scorer ranking. We've created a gap to the runner up after beating them comfortably. They've drawn against another contender as well, so we have a two game advantage. It should be enough to seal the deal by the end of the season.

What's surprising this season though, is the fact that my ST has been firing on all cylinders. This is the first time someone is actually threatening to score more goals than my AML since we signed the current AML. As a matter of fact, going into day 15, my ST scored 5 goals. So he's surpassed my AML with less games played. I'm very excited for the ST. I think the main reasons are tactical. We've abandoned the classic 4-5-1v formation and have been playing the majority of the games with second strikers flanking the ST basically focusing the passes through the middle instead of the flanks. In addition, we've placed him further forward as well compared to prior season where his initial position was further back. Another reason is that the AML has missed plenty of free kicks this season, something he didn't do prior seasons.

My AMR hasn't been as productive as prior seasons either. He'll be replaced by the end of the season as we're looking for some fresh blood in that position.

We've been experimenting with different formations and tactics this season, catching our opposition by surprise. Some of the formations we've been having positive results with are

4-5-1 (2-3-2-3) with offensive fullbacks and second strikers combined with gegenpressing playing style,

3-6-1 (3-2-2-3/3-2-2-1-2) with a forward positioned libero in front of the traditional DCs being the link between defense and midfield and having a play making role, offensive fullbacks and second strikers,

5-4-1 (1-4-4-1) with a libero behind the traditional DCs and

2-5-2-1 (4-1-4-1) with forward positioned fullbacks and defensive wingers when trying to defend against stronger opposition.

Last edited by Arphaxad; 08-02-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M and MNK Kaskada like this.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    17 wins out of 17 games so far, but tough matches awaiting in quarterfinals of cup we will meet a 17% stronger (147%) opponent from the level above... Could be the end of my winning streak and unbeaten streak going on, but we will see. It's not impossible, just need to find the right setup.
    We are out...
    3-3 draw at home and 2-2 draw away sees us going out because of away goals. Good thing is - the unbeaten run is still on and could last even longer now, because we avoid additional strong opponents in cup. Let's finish the season with a league and CL title!
    Arphaxad, Nebu and MNK Kaskada like this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    We are out...
    3-3 draw at home and 2-2 draw away sees us going out because of away goals. Good thing is - the unbeaten run is still on and could last even longer now, because we avoid additional strong opponents in cup. Let's finish the season with a league and CL title!
    That's tough. Well played though, you should be proud of your performance. Hope you continue your unbeaten streak.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

I lost my unbeaten run in a Cup defeat, the good thing is we made it to the next round.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
    MNK Kaskada and Der_Ryan_M like this.
    The Nebuchadnezzar exploring T11

Best season so far 33 wins out of 33, hope my team continues this winning streak to get my first triple in the game, and not get trolled at the end of the season like previous seasons when I got close to win the triple, I lost one of the trophies.

Old emblems for new players, I want those

Addicted
    it's becoming more and more difficult to understand people who are acting like this.

Season 134 - Are you ready?-20200806_172953.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Epic10 View Post
    Best season so far 33 wins out of 33, hope my team continues this winning streak to get my first triple in the game, and not get trolled at the end of the season like previous seasons when I got close to win the triple, I lost one of the trophies.
    winning streak stopped today by drawing 3-3 against a 20% weaker team in CL with a red card to my best defender and conceding the draw goal in 90', really frustrating this scenario. hope I can win at home and not getting trolled like in the first round. the best thing that is the unbeaten streak still going, I hope it continues till the end of the season.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic10 View Post
    winning streak stopped today by drawing 3-3 against a 20% weaker team in CL with a red card to my best defender and conceding the draw goal in 90', really frustrating this scenario. hope I can win at home and not getting trolled like in the first round. the best thing that is the unbeaten streak still going, I hope it continues till the end of the season.
    Drew against a +40% weaker team in the first leg at home without opponent manager attending today. Try beating that lol

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast