Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: That's it! im DONE adjusting my tactics to counter....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Yeh but chnging your formation to exploit the other teams weakness either leaves you with a weak formation too or not enough up top to do any damage. Im all for countering, only when i feel i need to though. Also i played a team with 1 less quality than me yesterday, he matched my formation and i hammered him 5 nil!
    How does it leave you with a weak formation? You counter his formation, WIN, and then change back to your strongest formation in case your next opponent scouts you.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    How does it leave you with a weak formation? You counter his formation, WIN, and then change back to your strongest formation in case your next opponent scouts you.
    or you play with your strongest formation, win and dont change anything. Changing your formation leaves you with a weaker formation than your strongest formation, unless by luck your strongest formation is the one that counters his

@ Crackpot we know that some counter formations don't work anymore so some times it is a waste of time! If it works for you countering then good for you but a lot of us have noticed that it is not suiting our team and have decided to stop, I myself have stopped and have a 5-1-0 record since stopping and this includes 4 consecutive clean sheets so I am happy.
    KoHearts and Raykco like this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

I have 2 basic formations that I use most, it's a bit of a custom 3-1-4-2 using a DMC behind the mid, - When I go ahead I may switch that DMC to an AMC and push more, if I go further ahead and want to give my subs a run I might tweak a little more here and there. I'm on a 7 win streak using this at least. Orders set to attacking, mixed, normal tackling, counter attacks on, offside trap off.

@ Keith Gaule similar to me are your Def W or N?
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    I have 2 basic formations that I use most, it's a bit of a custom 3-1-4-2 using a DMC behind the mid, - When I go ahead I may switch that DMC to an AMC and push more, if I go further ahead and want to give my subs a run I might tweak a little more here and there. I'm on a 7 win streak using this at least. Orders set to attacking, mixed, normal tackling, counter attacks on, offside trap off.
    Think counter attacks are pretty pointless when your playing attacking mentality, they work best when your playing defensive, letting your opponent come onto you and then hitting them on the break

What does the N stand for? n00b Q I know! If you mean do I play wing defenders of central? I use wingers, a strong centre with ariel skills and the DMC sat just infront of him. I like to think that DMC is cutting down the threat early and taking heat off the defence Rather him get injured than them. In most matches I switch that DMC to my AMC and push him forward - almost always get a goal second half doing this.
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 05-14-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Think counter attacks are pretty pointless when your playing attacking mentality, they work best when your playing defensive, letting your opponent come onto you and then hitting them on the break
    I have counter set from end of last season when I was losing, just never changed it and, well ... 7/7, it's working for me. I wouldn't say it was pointless, just because you're set to attacking, doesn't mean you are always on it - you're on the back foot when other team is on the attack, grab it back and counter - which can mean hoofing it up field when their players are all in your half to grab a sneaky counter goal

That's it! im DONE adjusting my tactics to counter....-leagueupdate.jpg

And still in the cup
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 05-14-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Pro
    What does the N stand for? n00b Q I know! If you mean do I play wing defenders of central? I use wingers, a strong centre with ariel skills and the DMC sat just infront of him. I like to think that DMC is cutting down the threat early and taking heat off the defence Rather him get injured than them. In most matched I switch that DMC to my AMC and push him forward - almost always get a goal second half doing this.
    N= narrow as in 3(n)- is three central defenders (dcs) and 3(w) is dr-cd-dl

Pro
    I have counter set from end of last season when I was losing, just never changed it and, well ... 7/7, it's working for me. I wouldn't say it was pointless, just because you're set to attacking, doesn't mean you are always on it - you're on the back foot when other team is on the attack, grab it back and counter - which can mean hoofing it up field when their players are all in your half to grab a sneaky counter goal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leagueupdate.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	6547

And still in the cup
    Yeh dude if it aint broke dont fix it! Just giving some input

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast