Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Season 141 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    You cannot know who is the real expert... Is there one even? You hear a thing here, read a thing there and then you try it out and form your own opinion.
    And somehow almost everybody in this game thinks, that his way of doing things is the only right one. But we both know, that this isn't true.
    So basically all I wanted to say is, try out stuff yourself. What I said above was also just my opinion, that these things doesn't really matter in my eyes and that your expert will also just passed his own opinions and experience to you, which can be somewhat true, but doesn't have to be.

Plus the other topic was about the manipulators... I don't have anything against them, I tried it out myself before. But just because someone has a huge trophy cabinet and an insane winning record, it doesn't necessarily mean he is one of the best managers. In fact the hardest-to-beat and most respectable managers I know, are the ones with also good records, but not those perfect ones.
    At the end it's just about taking the good stuff from every mentor you might meet and develop your own strategy. It's what I did and it really helped me on my way! I wouldn't consider myself as one of the best managers, but I am happy with where my knowledge is now compared to a few years ago and always learning more.
    I definitely agree with you on some parts but i am of the impression all players are able to achieve the same things if they had the same amount of knowledge, resources and time. I too am happy with the knowledge i have accumulated over my much shorter playing period. I speak to others as 2 adults having a discussion. If they think they are my mentors, they are in way over their heads. I don’t think its disrespectful but like I said this before, its a game not rocket science. I am here to have fun not stroke egos of old timers of the game. I am too old for that. And like you mentioned, there are so many different viewpoints from successful high level players. None of which can be confirmed.

Maybe you felt i was showing a hard manipulator too much respect but i would say the same for any non manipulating normal player who averages more than 1.5 trophies a season at early levels. I do not think my way is the right way. I think it suits my lifestyle. Anyone who reads my team showcase knows i share good and bad news. I dont hide my playstyle or pretend to be playing normally when i am actually manipulating and tanking. I cant help it if people dont like it and i am not one who is easily influenced but will have to defend myself when provoked.

But its a good discussion we had
    Healthy debates like this will keep the forum alive. You guys should post more of the opinion type questions to keep the numbers up and it also helps newbies.
    HeavensAAA and Der_Ryan_M like this.

Day to qualify for next SL stage, we won 2-1 the 1st leg, 20 shoots 2 goals and like 20%effectivity for both teams.. so awkward match for real, but we want our 16th Super League, and too that Porto emblem from the sponsor is a target.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself as one of the best managers, but I am happy with where my knowledge is now compared to a few years ago and always learning more.
    Yeah seriously, but i'd forgotten what a nightmare you are!
    Season 141 - Are you ready?-20210223_181355.jpg
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKo View Post
    Yeah seriously, but i'd forgotten what a nightmare you are!
    Stalker lol... I don't know what to say, the game was working in my favor today.
    Also my team is pretty strong right now... I honestly believe that I can win every game this season, which was not often the case as long as I play this game. Will see how the CL final goes on friday. Winning a triple crown on server top against this competition would be another massive achievement for me.

We had 3 players with yellow card to play the 2nd SL leg, so we kept them as subs to protect them from a 2nd card.
    There was a drop in the ratings after a good streak, and we lost 0-1 with 23 shoots lol
    But the aggregate is a 6-1 for us, so we will fight for the 16th Super League as we expected.

What I learned - that my team is **** but my manager even worse
    Goals - get to platinum division in asso and not get relegated again in the league

With a win from today's match I've now won my 6th league title.

Season 141 - Are you ready?-screenshot_20210226-163735_25beb177cff0a1a2471e080f2bdd1353.jpg
    devonthompson1213 likes this.
    My team: FC TPS Turku - Level 16

League: 6 League titles won

Cup: 1 time runner-up.

Champions League: 1 Champions League won.

And we won the 16th Super League, 4 now to win the 20th.

Season 141 - Are you ready?-season-141-sl.jpg

Addicted
    After a terrible season in SL and Cup (got eliminated on R16 in both), I was able to grab the league title on the last day.

Season 141 - Are you ready?-4dff3ff0-fc61-45f2-b208-b660da450a2c.jpg

I got the 1st position first time on matchday 22, immediately lost the next match and the first place to the now-3rd place team. Thankfully, the two teams lost one more and I was able to beat a very strong team just today by 1-0, whom I lost in the first half of the league.

Together with the league, our asso of 5 members managed to promote to Platinum once again, so last weekend was pretty much the only positive of the season. Hopefully I’ll do better next season.
    RaiKo and HeavensAAA like this.

Addicted
    Season 21 Sum.
    Season 141 - Are you ready?-20210228_010841.jpg
    Season 141 - Are you ready?-20210228_010915.jpg
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast