Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] New Association Tournaments - Live Now - What's new

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido van den Berg View Post
    I’m in a Platinum association. I see number 1-8 from my leaderboard are promoted, 9-40 stay in Platinum and 41-64 are relegated to Gold 1. I think this is really biased to relegation.

Are these numbers the same for every Platinum leaderboard?
    What are these numbers for other association levels?
    Will the number of teams for promotion/relegation be revised from season to season?

If it stays this way, no teams will be left in Platinum in a few seasons...
    Who can give me more information?

Other Platinum managers, do you see the same number of promotors and relegators?
    Anyone from Nordeus, will this stay the same in future seasons?

Rookie
    I think this is a heist, all teams that move up the division should be able to get the same rewards as before. In the new version, if I understand it correctly, if you do not remain among the 4 first no week you will not earn anything even if you go up because you are among the first 12

Rookie
    edit: sorry question is already on a previous page
    Last edited by Tzzz; 04-28-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Pro
    With limited info, it is difficult to judge how promotion and relegation would look like in the long run. Those numbers could easily change to accommodate on how prestigious it is to stay in ultimate and diamond divisions.

Platinum, now being the 3rd tier from the top, is definitely overcrowded when it comes to a pyramid structure. Therefore, it makes sense to reduce the number of platinum teams. The 2 common ways of doing it: 1) Quickly push up some of the platinum associations to fill in the top 2 tiers in Ultimate and Diamond, so the numbers of that 2 tiers are more quickly filled up to make it looks balanced; 2) Slowly filter up the best associations who can be top 8 of any 64-asso group and gradually get the numbers up

Most managers probably want to see the first way of doing it as we all want more T-rewards ASAP, and rightly so; but then when doing that, it is also likely to be criticised by some managers, who may be platinum association’s captain or vice captains, that they were hugely and disproportionately punished for having one poor league position finishing in last season, plus it would simply look like filtering some into the top 2 tiers as a cosmetic move instead of the advertised in really highly competitive association fights for the top rewards.

The new version definitely awards the winners and also comforts the losers (in the sense that they would still get 4x weekly T-rewards even if they unluckily loss against very strong opposition with very unlucky draws, instead of getting 0T when relegated), and so would mostly irritate those who could finish more in 2nd or 3rd who regularly receives 100T in surviving in platinum. Different reactions would come from these 3 groups, understandably.

Too early to judge before any draw is made. Personally, I will wait for a few seasons before giving a final comment.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    With limited info, it is difficult to judge how promotion and relegation would look like in the long run. Those numbers could easily change to accommodate on how prestigious it is to stay in ultimate and diamond divisions.

Platinum, now being the 3rd tier from the top, is definitely overcrowded when it comes to a pyramid structure. Therefore, it makes sense to reduce the number of platinum teams. The 2 common ways of doing it: 1) Quickly push up some of the platinum associations to fill in the top 2 tiers in Ultimate and Diamond, so the numbers of that 2 tiers are more quickly filled up to make it looks balanced; 2) Slowly filter up the best associations who can be top 8 of any 64-asso group and gradually get the numbers up

Most managers probably want to see the first way of doing it as we all want more T-rewards ASAP, and rightly so; but then when doing that, it is also likely to be criticised by some managers, who may be platinum association’s captain or vice captains, that they were hugely and disproportionately punished for having one poor league position finishing in last season, plus it would simply look like filtering some into the top 2 tiers as a cosmetic move instead of the advertised in really highly competitive association fights for the top rewards.

The new version definitely awards the winners and also comforts the losers (in the sense that they would still get 4x weekly T-rewards even if they unluckily loss against very strong opposition with very unlucky draws, instead of getting 0T when relegated), and so would mostly irritate those who could finish more in 2nd or 3rd who regularly receives 100T in surviving in platinum. Different reactions would come from these 3 groups, understandably.

Too early to judge before any draw is made. Personally, I will wait for a few seasons before giving a final comment.
    I don’t need your opinion for now. I understand that you did not make up your mind about good/bad, fair/unfair.

But please help me understand the promotion / relegation for this season a bit better. What is your association level? How many teams are promoted / relegated from your leader board?

Apprentice
    8 go up from platinum in mine and about 24 go down. I feel this season could be hardest to promote because u have all the top platinum teams still in platinum. When some get promoted I feel it may get a little easier to promote once the teams have been diluted

I don’t need your opinion for now. I understand that you did not make up your mind about good/bad, fair/unfair.

But please help me understand the promotion / relegation for this season a bit better. What is your association level? How many teams are promoted / relegated from your leader board?
    It's the same for everyone, in plat 8 go up and 24 go down.
    I think in lower leagues more will be promoted.

Pro

For what the info is available, within every 64-asso draw, 8 teams (top 1/8) will be promoted to diamond, 24 teams (bottom 3/8) will be relegated to gold1 and the rest of 32 teams (‘middle 4/8) survives and stay in platinum. The grand point total accumulated at the end of a season of 4 rounds of ranking 1 to 4 would decide where we rank among the 64 teams in a draw, and would decide if we would be promoted, surviving or relegated.

Association level our association starts in this new FA system is the same as before new FA is implemented. ie. if we finished our last season within the platinum association requirement of 1350 points, then our association could start in the new system as a platinum division, which is the highest starting point possible.

The top 100 leaderboard will be concluded by end of season when 4 rounds of matchups are done, which in similar in terms of format. The major difference is it no longer used an accumulation of points before where our association carried 80% of those as part of the calculations, but instead every single season that base point will be reset to a 0, and so every season every team could have an equal fighting chance as no team would have any starting advantage (vs points accumulation from previous seasons in the old system).
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

This is stupid argument. If we are promoted, I want to get more. If we stay in Platinum, I hate the idea, that we get 2 times less. Why? Greedy basterds, I hate then fore that. And will hate forever
    Siddharth Singh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmytrok View Post
    This is stupid argument. If we are promoted, I want to get more. If we stay in Platinum, I hate the idea, that we get 2 times less. Why? Greedy basterds, I hate then fore that. And will hate forever
    lol U forget that before platinum was top tier, now is only like middle tier, like Gold II before. In some time, when the new system is established, most of the better associations will settle in ultimate or diamond.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast