Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] New Association Tournaments - Live Now - What's new

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by miloren View Post
    I'm afraid I'm not wrong. Apart from the asso points, which are the ones that are affected by the factor you get from your position in the previous league, the other rewards are specific. And the final reward for staying in the same division is 10 green, 10 blue and 10 red, and 20 for going up, no yellow tokens like before.

Then, the maximum number of tokens you can get at the end of the season is 40 in gold1, instead of the 100 you got for going up, 64 in platinum winning all tournaments (4x16), instead of the 100 you got for only remain, and now finally a bit more in diamond and ultimate if you work hard. In gold1 and earlier, the robbery is armed, since even with bad results in the former one you earned more tokens managing to stay in the same division than moving up in the new being 1st the 4 weeks
    Please miloren, read what I wrote. You need to promote to one of the top-2 divisions. These have more rewards than before.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido van den Berg View Post
    Please miloren, read what I wrote. You need to promote to one of the top-2 divisions. These have more rewards than before.
    I think it's really great that platinum opens in 2 new divisions, it was necessary and will be motivating, and that in these divisions you be able to earn more tokens, if it were not like that it would be the last straw. And I also like that build tanks remaining in the division becomes more difficult, although nothing is done to prevent them from being formed with money, on the contrary, all facilities are given to do so.
    I just wonder why the previous rewards have not been respected, which as I have already said were the only source of tokens for many to be able to compete. Why is it used to liquidate any possibility of competing without a visa. I understand that it is not a constructive comment, of course.
    Siddharth Singh and Dmytrok like this.

Addicted
    All the associations who previously were in Platinum have been placed in Platinum. Out of the 64 teams in Platinum only 8 will be promoted which means 7/8 of the association who sure shot got 100T earlier can only get a max of 64T now that too if they win on all weekends.

It's quite clear why this new system has been implemented by Nordues.
    Sillybq and Dmytrok like this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by miloren View Post
    I think it's really great that platinum opens in 2 new divisions, it was necessary and will be motivating, and that in these divisions you be able to earn more tokens, if it were not like that it would be the last straw. And I also like that build tanks remaining in the division becomes more difficult, although nothing is done to prevent them from being formed with money, on the contrary, all facilities are given to do so.
    I just wonder why the previous rewards have not been respected, which as I have already said were the only source of tokens for many to be able to compete. Why is it used to liquidate any possibility of competing without a visa. I understand that it is not a constructive comment, of course.
    Nothing is liquidated, you just need to promote from platinum. No free ride, you must work for it. You can still compete without money, but fewer managers will get many tokens. I think this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    But the problem is that your multiplier will be 1x and if you promote every season in top 3 of League it will be 3x... so that will be a big difference in the amount points a FA can make.....
    So for me in the Top there will be more people who spent real money and also people who are really smart too use their resources they get for free from the daily loginetc.
    Depends on the individual, i know you tanked and play mostly for associations so thats your motivation. I can see why you would think it is smart for a player to use their free resources to do well in associations. I feel events and associations are for us to earn resources not spend.

I think i know what you mean. I was focused on tankers not losing out in terms of tokens. But like you said, they lose out in term of participation. Previously they do not earn rewards but can help their association, now they cant do both.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    They definitely succeeded in reducing tanking. And tankers previously had an unfair advantage in associations. All changes come at a price. We all suffer the same fate with the reduced tokens so no issue. Comes down to who manages better with the reduced tokens. I do agree that tankers will dominate in ultimate but with more work and difficulty. All it takes is an additional season to get the *3 and they can rejoin associations but at least they won't hinder the rest of us while in the process of tanking

Mate Lol, you sound like we are definitely gonna manage with reduced tokens. I think ultimate is out of reach but diamond perhaps.
    Dmytrok likes this.

Addicted
    Will the FA Points Multiplier be applicable for the result of individual matches between two associations, or only to determine the contribution to the season totals? An example. We play a semi-final match against association X. We win 19-16 (old calculation). Our association members all have 2x and all members of association X have 3x. Will the score be 38-48, so will association X go to the finals? Or do we go to the finals, because the multiplier is only applicable to the season score?

Pro
    Will the FA Points Multiplier be applicable for the result of individual matches between two associations, or only to determine the contribution to the season totals? An example. We play a semi-final match against association X. We win 19-16 (old calculation). Our association members all have 2x and all members of association X have 3x. Will the score be 38-48, so will association X go to the finals? Or do we go to the finals, because the multiplier is only applicable to the season score?

That multiplier seems to only affect our individual contribution to the grand point tally by multiplying the corresponding ranking in that week. Matchup results also seems to follow the old rules. That’s my understanding - though the info provided is not totally clear on this yet.

4 things to the top: 1) member’s own ability to secure top3 in league (for a x3 multiplier for team FA points); 2) a collective effort to win the matchups; 3) luck in drawing less competent associations in the 64-team draw (ideally with more asso with more x1 multiplier members ); 4) luck in getting an easier draw of matchups

Wish everyone luck (except those other 63 associations in our draw )!
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    That multiplier seems to only affect our individual contribution to the grand point tally by multiplying the corresponding ranking in that week. Matchup results also seems to follow the old rules. That’s my understanding - though the info provided is not totally clear on this yet.
    I read the info the same way as you did. But I saw the picture below on Facebook. Therefore, I’m in doubt now...

[Official] New Association Tournaments - Live Now - What's new-39d92149-ad5d-4d16-9441-672324117377.jpg

Pro
    I read the info the same way as you did. But I saw the picture below on Facebook. Therefore, I’m in doubt now...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39D92149-AD5D-4D16-9441-672324117377.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	137171
    Well, from the image, it is pretty clear each of the 6 match-ups would be calculated separately, which would hurt any non- x3 multiplier player asso (unless their x1 or x2 get both wins to just take away any possibility of matchup opposition getting any points).

If what you have got is how it will work, our x3 asso teammates will need to win more to cover up for x2 teammates. x1 have to win both matches to just not concede ground. And most platinum asso captains will kick away x1 teammates very soon too (sentiments as long-term teammates to keep x1 may get the asso relegated).
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast