Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Nordeus' draw policy

Nordeus' draw policy

Hi there,
    I have been playing topeleven for only 8 months, but the policy of promotions and draws is completely absurd and wrong.
    This month I I have been drawn in leagues and cups where there are no teams with less than 100%.
    If Nordeus does not change his policy, I will soon stop playing and I hope many players do like me.
    There is no reason to grow your team if there is a better chance of winning with a poor team.
    Many of my friends at the same level as me (8) are in leagues where the strongest team is at 80/90%
    It does not make sense. Leagues at the same level should have equal difficulty using a seeded mechanism to spread the strongest teams.
    Nobody thinks like me?
    That being the case, I will soon quit the game.

Pro
    Just to be fair, there are all different kind of quality range of teams that get promoted, say 180%+, 160%-180%, 140%-160%, and so on and probably down to 40%.

So what the exact kind of draws are you expecting?
    Each draw include a 160% or 180% team and every other team under 160% and down to 40% (so non-160%/180% can be guaranteed to win nothing?)?
    Or a on-paper fairer draw with all teams being in a similar quality range of 20%+- (so every team has a realistic chance of strengthening enough to win some trophies)?

You can always choose to reduce your team quality by selling off the non-core players for draws. Could be easier, but then every other manager could also be doing the same so that ‘advantage’ would not apply when it comes to semis and finals when the toughest opponents are good and know how to play the game too. Whether we could win will still come down to mainly tactical skills and some luck, on top of the expected know-how of good player and team improvements with well-planned training sequences.

Building very strong players to maintain team performance is necessary, hence it is inevitable to draw with tougher teams. But then our team should prevail with properly trained players and sound tactics.

Improve your skills enough then you can still win with tough draws (then you will stay); if not, it will still be very difficult to win finals even with a team of 10%+ advantage against better managers who trains better players (with higher whites) and knows well on how to set up counter attacks.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    Dear top eleven! Whe you put a team with 118% (before new season)quality in ch.league and cup with teams one level up, why you put the same team which is now 98% with teams 120%+. Why these teams are not in 2 leagues up. In real life where is 5% Mourinho support(For those with examples ) and how you gonna pay to have a possession. I am going to tanking and lie the overall with super weak reserves now.
    it is demotivating to buy players in general.
    Last edited by hitman0013; 03-31-2021 at 03:41 PM.

@HeavensAAA
    I understand your point of view but I totally disagree the policy to divide teams in groups [100-120%] [120-140%] and so on.
    Which is the means of the level?
    In this way, in the same level, you will have excellent leagues (let me say [120-140%]) and really poor leagues (less than 80%).
    This policy thwarts efforts to grow a team.
    In my opinion it would be much better to have seeded so that the championships are balanced at the same level.
    Let me say 3 or 4 team in each range [100-120%] [120-140%] and so on.
    And then Nordeus should punish teams that don't play the league in order to not get promoted for not losing 20%.
    Maybe the level should be related to the team power % instead of the first 8 positions in the league.

If Nordeus wants to maintain this policy the ranges should be more close [100-105][105-110].
    In my example I was 117% at the end of last season. 97% at the beginning of the new.
    And now in my league all teams are among 100 and 118%.
    Which is my hope to win with 19 points of difference, unless I bought tons of tokens, that of course is Nordeus only objective?
    Last edited by maurizio2208; 03-31-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    maloukees likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by maurizio2208 View Post
    @HeavensAAA
    I understand your point of view but I totally disagree the policy to divide teams in groups [100-120%] [120-140%] and so on.
    Which is the means of the level?
    In this way, in the same level, you will have excellent leagues (let me say [120-140%]) and really poor leagues (less than 80%).
    This policy thwarts efforts to grow a team.
    In my opinion it would be much better to have seeded so that the championships are balanced at the same level.
    Let me say 3 or 4 team in each range [100-120%] [120-140%] and so on.
    And then Nordeus should punish teams that don't play the league in order to not get promoted for not losing 20%.
    Maybe the level should be related to the team power % instead of the first 8 positions in the league.
    The more balanced way of draw is probably the current one with a quality range of 20%+-, or maybe it can be done to a micro level of 10%+/- then the draw would look fairer for the worst team with ‘only’ a 10% disadvantage to start with, which we could easily improve to bridge that 10% gap.

It is impossible to do seedings. Previous seasons top-ranked teams could be as good as 180%+, or could be as low as 40%+. Eg. If your team quality is 100%, would you feel thrilled as last season’s title winner to be drawn as top seed with even just 1x 140% team, let alone 160% or 180%?

And when same seeding as the lowest rating, say 80% team, how is it fair to that 80% team to face all 100%+, 120%+, 140%+, etc. teams in his draws? You already feel hard done by a possible 20% quality margin, so how would you feel when you are drawn with 40%+ and 60%+?

There’s nothing fairer to be drawn with similar quality teams, as most teams within the draw can all decide to improve to narrow that bridgeable 20% gap (that is de facto increasing competition from start of seasons, obviously at the advantage of Nordeus in earning Ts from managers buying better players).

Tanking would not help much, because next season your team, with a higher rating, will face even tougher draws with higher ratings. What’s worse is those higher rating teams are more likely to be bigger spenders (they won’t flip an eyebrow to spend 600T on a 8* player from events) or serial tankers (who could have tanked for seasons for thousands of greens to push his team so high up in 1 season to win quads with no tactical sense).

Do what you like, though I do not see it ending nicely if you think you could win by just tanking (btw, I won my level-5 CL final with a well-trained 135% team against a serial level-4 tanker of 155% who started 8 seasons earlier - needless to say, his team with high greys [from seasons of tanking] got annihilated 6-0). At the end, building a team with a right balance is the key to win finals. No shortcuts really.
    [He started the season at 131% and mine at 115%, and with my team being all 18-21, except ST @22yo, and his being an old 26yo+ team, both teams are on equal 135% rating by the time of final - so it’s obvious that he will lose because of a full season’s improvement in my team’s key whites vs a tanker team which is too old to improve]

Nordeus' draw policy-b87d2cbf-cc6a-4c71-8225-8a9ba0c4681f.png
    Nordeus' draw policy-2736d478-7c32-4434-917d-725afe03f439.png
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Famous
    I say already before...

Remove the whole level structure...

And look only to the % of the team and then draw with a leagua structure like in the Associations......

Because this is not done, i only play the FA and tank every season, less fun but Nordeus made this happen

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    I say already before...

Remove the whole level structure...

And look only to the % of the team and then draw with a leagua structure like in the Associations......

Because this is not done, i only play the FA and tank every season, less fun but Nordeus made this happen
    No doubt you have the right intentions there.

But the easily foreseen issue would be:
    1) Should every team be reduced 20% in quality every season? (if not, then all teams will eventually be 180%+, then there is no need to train players anymore) - Nordeus would earn zero income as no managers would need to buy anything.
    2) If so, then it will become automatic that every single manager would sell off their whole team except front-3, and keep the rest of squad of 25 with 1* & 3* players at end of every season (so as to get the easiest draws possible)
    3) And inevitably the auction market will become ridiculously expensive as every single manager will at least have to buy 8 new players by day 3 for their league & CL matches, if not earlier in day 1 for 8 new players for Cup tie - this will automatically turn the game into a must-pay-to-win mode, as freeloaders can no longer even compete with insufficient token income to get new players

Without resolving the above, it can easily turn away 90%+ current freeloaders immediately (how to even play without sufficient tokens to buy players?). Quite a foreseeable disastrous end to the game there.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    No doubt you have the right intentions there.

But the easily foreseen issue would be:
    1) Should every team be reduced 20% in quality every season? (if not, then all teams will eventually be 180%+, then there is no need to train players anymore) - Nordeus would earn zero income as no managers would need to buy anything.
    2) If so, then it will become automatic that every single manager would sell off their whole team except front-3, and keep the rest of squad of 25 with 1* & 3* players at end of every season (so as to get the easiest draws possible)
    3) And inevitably the auction market will become ridiculously expensive as every single manager will at least have to buy 8 new players by day 3 for their league & CL matches, if not earlier in day 1 for 8 new players for Cup tie - this will automatically turn the game into a must-pay-to-win mode, as freeloaders can no longer even compete with insufficient token income to get new players

Without resolving the above, it can easily turn away 90%+ current freeloaders immediately (how to even play without sufficient tokens to buy players?). Quite a foreseeable disastrous end to the game there.

1) All teams should lose 20% every season
    2) To sell your teams for draws is not usefull,
    because the draw is based on League in real life.... You get promoted to lets say the highest League (1st division), so you play against always the best 14 teams of the whole
    world, only like the lowest 4 teams regelated to the League below that lets say 2nd Division and if you reach the Top 4 of the 2nd Division then you get promoted
    to the 1st Division also
    And that for all the teams, so in what Division (or league) you play depends completely on your results in the last season.
    (best to compare that with the Divisions in real football).
    I mean when you play in the 2nd Division you can not promoted in 1 season to the Premier League right.
    So at the same time when get more competitive structure of the League, and have the same quality of teams in the same Division.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    1) All teams should lose 20% every season
    2) To sell your teams for draws is not usefull,
    because the draw is based on League in real life.... You get promoted to lets say the highest League (1st division), so you play against always the best 14 teams of the whole
    world, only like the lowest 4 teams regelated to the League below that lets say 2nd Division and if you reach the Top 4 of the 2nd Division then you get promoted
    to the 1st Division also
    And that for all the teams, so in what Division (or league) you play depends completely on your results in the last season.
    (best to compare that with the Divisions in real football).
    I mean when you play in the 2nd Division you can not promoted in 1 season to the Premier League right.
    So at the same time when get more competitive structure of the League, and have the same quality of teams in the same Division.
    The issue of managers selling full teams still remain whether they get promoted or not, because everyone knows full well that there are many top divisions available for easy draws when it will be practically the same with max 14 teams in each of the ‘Top Division’ (say there are 1400 teams in top divisions, there would then be 100 draws; and who would want to keep a 60% team to get a horrible draw when a manager could sell all to promote with a 40% team for the draw with 40% opposition?).

This will inevitably lead to what I suggested earlier. Mass selling by end of every season, and mass buying in days 1 to 3, because in a gaming mode it is impossible to create a 1400-manager league for matches to be played with each other even just once.

They use Mourinho face but is like the algorithm is written by children.
    I know the perfect algorithm does not exist but at least they could try something better after so many years and what they do instead? They introduce the weather and field shape features..... simply absurd!
    Even maintaining the same level structure, as I said they should reduce the range at least from 20 to 5.
    By the way in the cup is even worst... if I pass the turn, next time I will face a 140% team, a gap of 40% is incomprehensible!

And then, in my opinion, they should classify the league not only with level, let me say level 8A, 8B or as they like stars so much, level 8 ******, 8 ***** and so on.
    An then they could expose a team reputation based on level, stars and position history obtained in the past league.
    They should also try to avoid tanking and sell and buy. I suggest to compute the mean level of the team considering the top 11 players and to calculate the mean during the full duration of the season (every official match) to avoid the sell and buy trick.
    khris, Adam Howarth and milpol like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast