Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By khris

Thread: Top Eleven - Reboot and Restart

Top Eleven - Reboot and Restart

Good evening

So like everything in life hindsight is wonderful and despite Level 15 and a terrible trophy haul and nemesis players who follow me season after season and always get the better of me I've decided to try again from the beginning.

With the following learnings

1. I wasted precious coins in the pursuit of players to improve my team but that's a battle that cannot be won knowing now player quality decreases season on season.

I spent and wasted my greens particularly and after 15 seasons needed to take better care of them.

So I'll work the academy and only buy young players. Maybe second time round I can succeed.

Follow me here.

Have what it takes to be a great football manager? Join me in Top Eleven, the best online football manager sim!

https://topeleven.onelink.me/topelev...50490396224292

N1TOOJBGJX9TLW

I forgot the psychological game Top Eleven Is because of course you start off so well. I joined with two league games left and won the league in my first season. That’s the same number of league titles after 2 games as my Level 15 side have achieved so it can only be better than my first effort.

A few things though that improve things when you start the game now.

1. Log in beyond 7 days and you seem to get a 5 to 7 star player. For Level 1 play or Level 2 it will be when I get him. It’s still far greater quality than I have.

2. Five coins for sharing something on Facebook like an achievement for example. One time offer it seems.

3. I don’t know if I skipped the tutorial first time round however you get shown how to bid in auctions and though you can’t choose who you bid on you do get a player and of better quality to your current squad.

I won’t buy players for as long as I can and save coins until I’m in a position where players are young and very high standard.

In the first attempt I spent time improving the stadium. This time I’ll focus on youth facilities and training first and max those facilities so I get the most of them.

The temptation is to just go and try to win titles and to throw coins at buying players I’m trying a different approach and saving coins and greens and blues as much as possible.

Follow my journey here. Level 2 coming up. Now I might try to bid some players from my side at Level 15 then.

N1TOOJBGJX9TLW

Can the game be restarted?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboss77 View Post
    Can the game be restarted?
    I mean I just started a new game by using a different email start up via Facebook.

There’s not been huge advantage of starting again with the previous learned knowledge bar I have a league title and I’m soaring coins by not spending to keep up and I’ve with a chance.

Cautious careful spend and saving coins until I’m more established.

Still playing my level 16 game and Milestone and one C Walburn following me again. A few seasons history with this shower and I’m sick of them. A few other previous encounters too I can tolerate competing with.

Incidentally Cup Season Level 1. First time out the first round and it was over after the first leg. I was hammered at home. Thanks Lovely FC. I have one Cup also. Thought I’d win a few more but really poor return for a year long investment in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gruff Covet View Post
    I mean I just started a new game by using a different email start up via Facebook.

There’s not been huge advantage of starting again with the previous learned knowledge bar I have a league title and I’m soaring coins by not spending to keep up and I’ve with a chance.

Cautious careful spend and saving coins until I’m more established.

Still playing my level 16 game and Milestone and one C Walburn following me again. A few seasons history with this shower and I’m sick of them. A few other previous encounters too I can tolerate competing with.

Incidentally Cup Season Level 1. First time out the first round and it was over after the first leg. I was hammered at home. Thanks Lovely FC. I have one Cup also. Thought I’d win a few more but really poor return for a year long investment in this game.
    Do you wanna join the HK Federation to try to join the next nations leage in 3vs3 format we will play?

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Do you wanna join the HK Federation to try to join the next nations leage in 3vs3 format we will play?
    Send me an invite and I’ll have a look for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gruff Covet View Post
    Send me an invite and I’ll have a look for sure
    Cheers!

HK Federation

Good evening

So I'm on season 3 and on course for title number 3 without any real challenge. And a Champions League Semi possible after tomorrow and I never got that far with my level 16 side. I also only won 4 titles up to level 16 so I'm already out performing my level 16 progress with starting again.

What I'm doing differently.

1. I'm saving my greens, reds and blues and not using them as frequently. I'll win the league (I don't think there are any actual players in my league) and not use greens, or blues.

2. I spare my tokens now. So first time round I was spending all my tokens on new better players. I didn't know they age quickly or that their quality deteriorated so much season on season and at level 3 a sensational player Is less than 40. I'm going to try and win with my current squad and maybe spend to improve a little next year to compete again. Unlike my level 16 side I won't be spending tokens constantly and wasting them on players not good enough for me in two or 3 levels time.

I still dont understand tactics and not sure the game isn't all preprogrammed and therefore not in any way controllable by the player. It doesn't feel like it's user managed or controlled.

Follow my progress here and add me as a friend.

Follow my journey here.

N1TOOJBGJX9TLW

Brendan

Good morning all

An update on progress having gone back to the start leaving level 16 and with few tokens left and little opportunity to keep a pace with fellow competitors and not winning anything for a number of seasons and getting top 5 as best in the league. I never get beyond QF in Champions League. I won 1 Cup and 1 SL and 4 League titles.

So with the reboot I'm in my third season and on my way to my 3rd league title on a shoestring squad and token expenditure. I've also reached a Champions League Final for the first time ever. So I'm punching way above my weight and I've spent little and saved tokens.

The learning comes from knowing players deteriorate year on year and so no point spending tokens early on to improve the squad and save tokens for better players in the future.

Follow my progress here and add me as a friend.

Follow my journey here.

N1TOOJBGJX9TLW

Brendan