Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Real football manager or generic strategy game?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    7

    Real football manager or generic strategy game?

    When I started playing about a year ago, I chose it because, from the name, it sounded like a Real football manager. Now I am more and more convinced that it is not. Here below a list of features I don't like in the game, basically they are features that makes the game unrealistic.
    Please let me know your opinion.

    1) First of all I don't like the league structure from level 1 to infinite. There is absolutely no sense in it. I would like to have a finite number of levels like in associations with promotions and relegations (for example 16 teams with 3 promotions and 3 relegation every season).

    2) I don't like tanking. This is also unreal. A league with promotions and relegations could be enough to avoid it but other strategy could be adopted. For example apply a fee in tokens to a team the does not put on the field the best formation. For example 1 token every 10% strength lower then better.

    3) I don't like trick to false draws (sell and buy at the beginning of the season and buy 1% players). This is also unreal. It could be avoided considering the max strength reached in the season before. And then seeds are absolutely necessary.

    4) There is something wrong in the draws and I don't like it. I'm at level 14 but in the last months I'm finding in every competition always the same 20/30 opponents. How is it possible with thousand of players. This is getting boring. I'd like to face different players!

    5) There is also something wrong in the match simulator engine. Please examine the results at the end of the season. There is always a small number of draws. And the winning teams score exceeding number of goals, more then 100 in a season that is a mean of more then 4 goal each match. Unrealistic!
    maloukees and jarharnamme like this.

  2. #2
    Famous Der_Ryan_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,562
    This is a resource management game with some strategy, but also a random factor (gambling) to it, like most of the mobile games out there. It is absolutely not a realistic football management game. But for me it doesn't have to be. The game mechanics generally work.

    In the end the game is being made to create revenue for the company behind it.
    Just think about it, even a tanker, who literally does nothing can be a threat for an active player and can motivate him to invest money. Smart, isn't it?
    And in every game like this, there will be players who pay absurd amounts of money and they will have an advantage over others. However in my opinion Top Eleven handles it quite well and can be good fun when you are free to play. Things like draw manipulation exist, because people always want to find a way to win and beat their opponents. It is a part of the game...
    dave1311, milpol, PaulG and 1 others like this.

  3. #3
    Pro Sillybq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    893
    Been playing for slightly over 2 years now and i still like the game alot. It has many elements that are missing in many games.

    In terms of management, we are involved in many areas.

    Resource management - tokens and greens management is essential. I personally like bargain hunting on auctions and snapping up well trained players using negotiations.

    Managing your networks - many players train their players well but not everyone keeps their players all the way till retirement. Making friends with such players get you well trained players for a good price as you save greens.

    Training management - My favourite part of the game. Customisation of player to exactly how i want him to be.

    Quality management - training only after event draws or association draws. Selling players prior to such draws. Keeping bench warmer to help lower quality etc.

    Tournament management - Losing CL matches so you get 2 of your toughest opponents to face each other in knockout stages or simply going for super league if the CL is out of reach.

    Personnel management - playing a second team against weaker opponents or resting players facing suspension so they are available for the upcoming match. Keeping them fit and motivated.

    With regards to tanking, i think its for the better to keep it around. I used to whine about not having a holiday option and was pissed i had to ruin my record but after speaking to many players over time. It seems there is a very high chance players leave the game after a long break. It isn’t in the best interest of top eleven to do that. I think most players need breaks especially after disappointing losses to weaker opponents.

    For draws, it is hard to be fair to all. At lower levels, an inactive team that hovers around 60-70 quality will have more trophies than an actively managed team at 110-120 without manipulators. Think TE has done well allowing manipulation of draws and letting manipulators face off against each other. You choose your style of play and you play against like minded players.

    There are 2 solutions to play with different players once you have had enough of the same guys. Either adjust your quality or tank for a season. Both of which are in your hate list.

    I am not sure about the league structure or how relegation would work in terms of quality. We need to lose quality so that resources are in demand.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    17
    well this game is really unbalance, if you play more you will know, for example like this scenario.
    put at least 3 160-180% players, and play normal to bad quality players for the rest of squad (like manipulating) and you will see the magic works, a bit unfair, realistic? no, unbalance? yes. dev cares about it? no. i bet developer know it but they didn't care, or they just let it.

    For opponent, yes there is no variation, you meet him again, again and again. Well if they can mixing the server, maybe there will be some variation, they can do that for association, why not normal match? they can fix tankers problem also other problems.

    imo, the only things that saves this game is you can create your own authentic players also your own team,training them,build them. there are no/lack of similar game like this, many football game comes with after market teams and players, so there no real rivals for this game. There are maybe 1-2 games similar, but they not real competitor, just copy paste game.

    If there is rival for this game, something new, original also you can create and training players but with some good management, bet this game will have a hard time, and maybe they will start thinking how to improve this game from base tactical and others stuff.

    Sooo... if you like it, just play it, forget about management, realistic, tactical awareness etc. Train players and start the game
    Last edited by WalkingPenguin; 4 Days Ago at 12:43 AM.
    PaulG and jarharnamme like this.

  5. #5
    Pro EastsiderSG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingPenguin View Post
    well this game is really unbalance, if you play more you will know, for example like this scenario.
    put at least 3 160-180% players, and play normal to bad quality players for the rest of squad (like manipulating) and you will see the magic works, a bit unfair, realistic? no, unbalance? yes. dev cares about it? no. i bet developer know it but they didn't care, or they just let it.

    For opponent, yes there is no variation, you meet him again, again and again. Well if they can mixing the server, maybe there will be some variation, they can do that for association, why not normal match? they can fix tankers problem also other problems.

    imo, the only things that saves this game is you can create your own authentic players also your own team,training them,build them. there are no/lack of similar game like this, many football game comes with after market teams and players, so there no real rivals for this game. There are maybe 1-2 games similar, but they not real competitor, just copy paste game.

    If there is rival for this game, something new, original also you can create and training players but with some good management, bet this game will have a hard time, and maybe they will start thinking how to improve this game from base tactical and others stuff.

    Sooo... if you like it, just play it, forget about management, realistic, tactical awareness etc. Train players and start the game

    You’re right. These days i even see teams without the 160-180 strong attackers beating well trained teams. So many strong associations with well trained players are losing to high grey but similar quality teams in ultimate.

    Mentioned many times and there are really no competitors. If TE had a copy paste competitor, i would play it. Sadly even the similar ones fall short.

    What makes TE great is the detailed training option and how we can customise everything about our teams making it our own. Also important to note, not many simulation games out there. Most require us to play and control the matches. Many games do not have many variations for players. Everyone building the same standard teams.
    Last edited by EastsiderSG; 4 Days Ago at 04:07 AM.

  6. #6
    Famous
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by maurizio2208 View Post
    When I started playing about a year ago, I chose it because, from the name, it sounded like a Real football manager. Now I am more and more convinced that it is not. Here below a list of features I don't like in the game, basically they are features that makes the game unrealistic.
    Please let me know your opinion.

    1) First of all I don't like the league structure from level 1 to infinite. There is absolutely no sense in it. I would like to have a finite number of levels like in associations with promotions and relegations (for example 16 teams with 3 promotions and 3 relegation every season).

    2) I don't like tanking. This is also unreal. A league with promotions and relegations could be enough to avoid it but other strategy could be adopted. For example apply a fee in tokens to a team the does not put on the field the best formation. For example 1 token every 10% strength lower then better.

    3) I don't like trick to false draws (sell and buy at the beginning of the season and buy 1% players). This is also unreal. It could be avoided considering the max strength reached in the season before. And then seeds are absolutely necessary.

    4) There is something wrong in the draws and I don't like it. I'm at level 14 but in the last months I'm finding in every competition always the same 20/30 opponents. How is it possible with thousand of players. This is getting boring. I'd like to face different players!

    5) There is also something wrong in the match simulator engine. Please examine the results at the end of the season. There is always a small number of draws. And the winning teams score exceeding number of goals, more then 100 in a season that is a mean of more then 4 goal each match. Unrealistic!
    I COMPLETELY Agree with you

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by maurizio2208 View Post
    When I started playing about a year ago, I chose it because, from the name, it sounded like a Real football manager. Now I am more and more convinced that it is not. Here below a list of features I don't like in the game, basically they are features that makes the game unrealistic.
    Please let me know your opinion.

    1) First of all I don't like the league structure from level 1 to infinite. There is absolutely no sense in it. I would like to have a finite number of levels like in associations with promotions and relegations (for example 16 teams with 3 promotions and 3 relegation every season).
    2) I don't like tanking. This is also unreal. A league with promotions and relegations could be enough to avoid it but other strategy could be adopted. For example apply a fee in tokens to a team the does not put on the field the best formation. For example 1 token every 10% strength lower then better.
    3) I don't like trick to false draws (sell and buy at the beginning of the season and buy 1% players). This is also unreal. It could be avoided considering the max strength reached in the season before. And then seeds are absolutely necessary.
    4) There is something wrong in the draws and I don't like it. I'm at level 14 but in the last months I'm finding in every competition always the same 20/30 opponents. How is it possible with thousand of players. This is getting boring. I'd like to face different players!
    5) There is also something wrong in the match simulator engine. Please examine the results at the end of the season. There is always a small number of draws. And the winning teams score exceeding number of goals, more then 100 in a season that is a mean of more then 4 goal each match. Unrealistic!
    1) Yes, it's a great idea to divide teams not by level, but by league as in associations. It will be more like real football. And make a decrease in quality when moving to a new league, and not from increasing the level. Level would affect something else, not quality. But that's another game . And I would suggest out of 16 teams 8 raise, 5 the same level, 3 relegation.
    2) I don't see any point in tanking, why are managers doing this?
    3) Lost in translation, I don't understand what you mean .You cannot buy players below 40%.
    4) In real football, Barcelona always plays with Real Madrid. You wanted realism or boring?
    5) I score 100+ goals every season. The problem at the initial levels is not in the engine, but in inactive managers and "dead" teams.
    If the game "decided" that you will lose, you will lose.
    Sorry for the English. This is google translate.

  8. #8
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    413
    They should changed a league system to something similar to asso model years ago. Climbing league levels makes no sense because it gives you nothing at all, at higher levels just some drawbacks as same opponents or you cant spot wages because all players have the same.
    Maurizio wrote everything correct and i dont understand why some of you are defending this game as it is.
    Years ago Nick (or who it was) wrote full article with paragraphs how game should changes, what we want from it and so on. And guess how many of these thesis were implanted by nordeus? None of these. So there is no point to talk about all these because anything you get would be another challenge.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    11
    My only concern about the game is if you have to sell your players at the end of the season to get less than 100% or if not you are going to face teams thousand times better than you...
    But of course that this game is not Football simulator as Football Manager, is more than Management simulator based on football topic.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    They should changed a league system to something similar to asso model years ago. Climbing league levels makes no sense because it gives you nothing at all, at higher levels just some drawbacks as same opponents or you cant spot wages because all players have the same.
    Maurizio wrote everything correct and i dont understand why some of you are defending this game as it is.
    Years ago Nick (or who it was) wrote full article with paragraphs how game should changes, what we want from it and so on. And guess how many of these thesis were implanted by nordeus? None of these. So there is no point to talk about all these because anything you get would be another challenge.
    Spot on!, will solve any existing problems, especially tankers.
    But nordeus choose the complicated way, add multiplier etc,does that make them look great/pro? , no, but looks stupid instead
    Last edited by WalkingPenguin; 3 Days Ago at 02:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast