Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Playstyles - do they make a difference?

Question Playstyles - do they make a difference?

I realise this is a long term question, especially as it's going to take a few weeks to even unlock playstyles let alone build them up to Advanced or Master. But do you think playstyles actually make a difference to the outcome of games, or are they just another largely cosmetic feature in Top Eleven?

It's very early days, but from the few matches I've played and the two players I have with unlocked playstyles, I don't see any difference in their performance or what they do in the games. There doesn't appear to be any new animations that show off specific playstyle moves and I've seen my attackers drift past opponent defenders with active playstyles just like before.

My initial impression is that playstyles are likely to be another small contributor to the overall game engine and likely have a small impact on the outcome of games, like a lot of things in this game to be fair. Like special abilities, they're largely cosmetic, but hopefully do contribute in some small way to the calculation that determines the outcome of games.

Probably there is a difference and to see it you need to play 1000+ matches. I asked a similar question here https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...ifference.html. As a result, in the last game with this team, I won and took first place in the league. All these "white skills pumping", special skills, team bonuses give a small difference of 1-5%, and therefore seem to be cosmetic.
    If the game "decided" that you will lose, you will lose.
    Sorry for the English. This is google translate.

If you watch the live match, you know when playstyle is in effect. It works just like the speciality, small icon shows up on the player with his playstyle. I feel the frequency of playstyle coming in effect is more often than speciality though. Playstyle have 3 levels, standard, intermediate, and master. I believe it will make quite an influence in the game once a player reaches master level.

My concern is if playstyle can influence the counter formations as we know. I'm guessing it does, especially with master level. But then any high quality player could play beyond counter formation trap.
    Vuslanot likes this.

The differences might be more noticeable at higher playstyle levels. It was free to unlock standard and only 300 points so can’t expect much. Or maybe they nerfed it temporarily so ios users don’t get eliminated unjustly from their cup tournaments or lose important league matches.

Addicted
    I still dont know but it could be that it would be same model as boost lab. To go futher you need to pay .
    It's fine that it triggers much more than special abilities but what it do - there is a mystery. And probably nordeus do not give an answer like usually.
    For example wing back playstyle only triggered on defense but what was the effect - i dont know

I hope these new skills provide us more alternatives in the game.
    I hope it is not a pay to win...

Be aware that Personal trainer use will not add any Playstyle points. Only normal training, matches played and rewards will count.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Yes they do as far as I Sam concerned. I have realized some tweaks animations wise as well in the recent games. Animations are not totally robust anymore. Accordingly to a playstyle, players hold the ball by their feet a bit more to provide the position to the playstyler to have him finish the job.

Addicted
    It's getting more and more complicated and confusing. Next they might add a cheerleaders module, whoever pays to get the cutest cheerleaders to cheer on the team gets a 2% advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    I realise this is a long term question, especially as it's going to take a few weeks to even unlock playstyles let alone build them up to Advanced or Master. But do you think playstyles actually make a difference to the outcome of games, or are they just another largely cosmetic feature in Top Eleven?

It's very early days, but from the few matches I've played and the two players I have with unlocked playstyles, I don't see any difference in their performance or what they do in the games. There doesn't appear to be any new animations that show off specific playstyle moves and I've seen my attackers drift past opponent defenders with active playstyles just like before.

My initial impression is that playstyles are likely to be another small contributor to the overall game engine and likely have a small impact on the outcome of games, like a lot of things in this game to be fair. Like special abilities, they're largely cosmetic, but hopefully do contribute in some small way to the calculation that determines the outcome of games.
    atm you will see no difference. wait til you fully maximize the playstyle then we can talk.
    and i don't think 1 fully maximize playstyle player can do the difference to other team. well i might be wrong.
    this question will be in KIV and be answered by end of season, or next month or few months later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast