Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Teamplay drill???

Famous
    Very well put!

Quote Originally Posted by Dardy View Post
    This update feels overcooked to me, and very misdirected. There are three reasons for this (among many others).

1. Poor targeting of profit sources

The first issue with the update is it seeks to extract cash from people who simply do not have it. In this sense, it is misguided.

Ok, so profit is the main focus. But profit comes from several sources, ranging from the big-spending whales, down to infrequent buyers of monthly cards or other low-end purchases. While we do not know numbers, I would not be surprised if a greater number of coaches within the lower half of $'s spent.

Where a coach sits on the scale of $'s spent will influence their spending discretion, ie when they buy, what they buy, and how often they buy. The more money a coach has or is wiling to spend, the less discretion.

One issue with this update is that it targets the lower-spending, higher-discretion group by raising the threshold for free/low-cash participation in a basic element of the game. This group will not shift to spending more. Often, because they cannot afford to.

The update could have targeted the high-spenders by introducing a discrete element of pay-to-gain training, like it has with the training book, without a reduction in training effectiveness across the board. High-spenders will pay for the benefit of this feature, mid-low range spenders will not.

2. Required Spend for Basic Game Mechanics

The second issue with the update is it seeks to incentivise spend from a basic game mechanic at an early stage.

The game can, and I would argue should, contain spending avenues to satisfy all spending types. This is achieved by: (1) having things available for different budgets; and (2) having different aspects of the game more or less spending incentives than others. The issue with the update is it affects the second point, with more spending incentive placed on an area that previously had a high-level of cash-free playability.

To retain lower spending/non-spending customers, fundamental aspects of the game need to function at a base-level without spending. Training was one of these aspects.

As many have noted, the update has commoditised one of the last relatively cash-free parts of the game. It has also not done so subtly. The more areas that require cash, and the earlier cash is required, the less "free" the initial game becomes.

Say I am a new player to the game. How many aspects of the game do I come across where money is not required and, how many aspects do I come across where money is not seemingly required instantly. The issue with the update is that the spend on training is in your face, and early on. There are few fundamentals of the game for players to develop an interest for 'free', before eventually being incentivised to spend when they realise there is a progression ceiling.

3. No Noticeable Gain or Permanent Benefit from Spend

The third issue with the update is that it seeks to incentivise spending on a immaterial game mechanic, training.

Most things you buy in the game give you a benefit or gain of some sort. Some things, like tokens, are easy enough to grasp. They are an in-game asset and we know what they translate to (ie we know how to use them and what we get from using them). Other things that can be obtained through spend, like Playstyles, special abilities, and player stats, confer a permanent (or semi-permanent) improvement, the benefit of which was can grasp fairly easily.

For example, we largely see the effects of higher player stats. We also - because the developers recognise the problem if we do not - 'see the effects' of playstyles and special abilities. But, the fact that the game shows us the special abilities and playstyles 'in action' reflects the issue - unless we 'see them' how do we know they do anything.

This is one problem with the training update. How does someone 'see' the results of their spend. In comparison to the things mentioned above, there is minimal noticeable gain from improved training. It may benefit things, but how is that made clear in a game scenario. On top of this, the gain is temporary.

So, the result of the update is that a coach is asked to spend money on temporary 'gain', without real evidence of any 'gain' being shown. in short, a poor mechanic to target for player spend.
    This is a great writing of the problems i think 95% of the managers will have about this last update. Well done!
    khris and Jernet like this.

I have been playing TopEleven for eleven years and this is my last season. It was enough. I will not support thieves.So I decided to end it today.
    Last edited by sk999; 11-07-2023 at 10:49 AM.
    vinim, jarharnamme and senicro like this.

11 years here and this update just makes the game more and more ridiculous
    vinim and jarharnamme like this.

11 years too..and the new training drill is so ridiculous i decide to comeback to the fuking worse nonresponsive forum on the internet. and here i am.
    i train my player to their death and their sharpness still isnt increase to 5 from 4. is it a bug or what? wtf!
    vinim likes this.

Apprentice
    I would like someone to explain to me how we can go for player or team bonuses from 8% to 10% previously with 12 exercises (very easy) with X2 today has more than a hundred exercises. Why do the exercises yield so little, in the evolution of bonuses?
    vinim likes this.

Well put with the points.

Most of the stuff you can buy benefits different levels of users.

I won't buy the 19.99 hour trainings and Boost Lab, but I will spend 49.99 on the web site to buy 700 greens so I can power train certain players in specific skills.

From what I see, invidual training has been great impacted. I'm not even sure that you can power train anymore.

As a result, I won't even spend extra for basic special sponsor.

Zero money from me moving forward.
    vinim likes this.

Tsx
    Nordeus has been trying to improve the focus on bonus greatly the last years with for example boost lab, 12x limit, etc.

but this way seems wrong...
    is the game free to enjoy anymore?

last but not least, the draws went from too easy to completely unfair
    vinim likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsx View Post
    Nordeus has been trying to improve the focus on bonus greatly the last years with for example boost lab, 12x limit, etc.

but this way seems wrong...
    is the game free to enjoy anymore?

last but not least, the draws went from too easy to completely unfair
    agree on that, my league has teams with 150+ power, surprise, they are mostly from asia, my team on end of season is close to 120, starting with 100 + - few % , those teams ended season 160 and start with 155, ridicolous, many time asked for fairly in draw but..they told us put weak players and lower up your power and you might, might, get league draw close to you...and now those bump with training, enough for me, time to say bye
    vinim likes this.

Famous
    Guys check the youtube channel Mamum prefer gaming........ it is a great help

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast