Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I don't have high hopes for the new matchmaking system.

Rookie
    You're right, it's still a vomit-inducing mechanic

Rookie
    So much for the fair and new matchmaking thing. just got my league draws first match agaisnt a team 20% better than me, 3rd match someone 25% stronger than me

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by yeou leong View Post
    nordeus announced they will have a new matchmaking system next season, which many players hope can end the draw manipulation, but i doubt that.

From this year's update, we already can see, that nordeus is trying very hard to make as many functions and aspects in this game to directly or indirectly make players spend money.

I believe they will do the same in the next update too, even if it's a sensible system, it will somehow allow you to spend to get the most out of it. It will eventually pivot more to the p2w community and the f2p players will still get ass fu*k every season by those big whales.

I hope i'm wrong, but let's see how it goes.
    you were not wrong! They lied and it's still exactly the same if not worse. Now there are zero chances the way they placed the matchmaking. It's the same old joke. These teams in the avq are matched closer but in reality, they are much unbeatable than ever due to the internal way they are set up. If nordeus simply looks at the total avq rather than the entire makeup of a team the matchmaking will never be fair for those who are of weaker %. Unless they take into consideration the total preparation stats of a team and apply them for real then it will be the same old crap. I have the weakest team in this league this season and I finished second last season. I am facing teams 13% and 15% higher than mine. To all who say it's doable to defeat them you are either living in fantasyland or just do not get it. In reality, how many truly have won games against teams that are 13 to 15% stronger? And I'm not talking about once or twice. Sure we are no longer facing teams at 20 plus % stronger but still all this is set up to make us either spend more to catch up or fail. Sure with fewer tweaks we can close the gap more easily but still the same garbage, they changed nothing in reality.
    Last edited by MARCO CAIA; 01-02-2024 at 12:41 PM.
    khris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MARCO CAIA View Post
    you were not wrong! They lied and it's still exactly the same if not worse. Now there are zero chances the way they placed the matchmaking. It's the same old joke. These teams in the avq are matched closer but in reality, they are much unbeatable than ever due to the internal way they are set up. If nordeus simply looks at the total avq rather than the entire makeup of a team the matchmaking will never be fair for those who are of weaker %. Unless they take into consideration the total preparation stats of a team and apply them for real then it will be the same old crap. I have the weakest team in this league this season and I finished second last season. I am facing teams 13% and 15% higher than mine. To all who say it's doable to defeat them you are either living in fantasyland or just do not get it. In reality, how many truly have won games against teams that are 13 to 15% stronger? And I'm not talking about once or twice. Sure we are no longer facing teams at 20 plus % stronger but still all this is set up to make us either spend more to catch up or fail. Sure with fewer tweaks we can close the gap more easily but still the same garbage, they changed nothing in reality.
    "New Matchmaking" as some of you call It, will need a bit more of time, since its a quite big technical stuff. This season we have the elimination of the away goal rule X2.
    Really, just wait a bit more, because It will change the scenario when pairing drastically.

I wonder if fair matchmaking is created how the developers will make money. Everyone will immediately stop investing money and time into clips, because no one will pay just to meet other strong teams. It will be fun to see how everyone will try to lower the quality of their team to face weaker and inactive opponents.

What do you think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by po_zdrach View Post
    I wonder if fair matchmaking is created how the developers will make money. Everyone will immediately stop investing money and time into clips, because no one will pay just to meet other strong teams. It will be fun to see how everyone will try to lower the quality of their team to face weaker and inactive opponents.

What do you think about this?
    Right now, a bad pairing, where opponent distances arent reachable, create a lot of rejection. For me a option always was to ensure promotion for teams that get a single 9* player. This would contain the AvQ margins, would create a limited space where to spend resources and a etc but whats planned, if works as expected, resolve some of the Big structural issues.
    Will manipulation be over? No, and in the end we see how a known system that people can control until certain point, is the good choice.
    Will spenders still spend? Probably yes, thats a personal option, but I always defended that this is so wrong right now in the way its done, without límits and a excess of lack of sense if we Talk tactically, since profesional teams just turned into 1* defenders to gain margin and exploit the system.Boring and no punishment like deactivate defence bonuses in these cases.
    Will non spenders be forced to spend? Right now we have issues with video availability, and the new pairings dont fix this but will reduce by far the differance between teams, so It should create something more fair.

And finally, theres a reality, and is that managers always, try to find the exploit to maximize the benefit. This will not be over, for sure.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Right now, a bad pairing, where opponent distances arent reachable, create a lot of rejection. For me a option always was to ensure promotion for teams that get a single 9* player. This would contain the AvQ margins, would create a limited space where to spend resources and a etc but whats planned, if works as expected, resolve some of the Big structural issues.
    Will manipulation be over? No, and in the end we see how a known system that people can control until certain point, is the good choice.
    Will spenders still spend? Probably yes, thats a personal option, but I always defended that this is so wrong right now in the way its done, without límits and a excess of lack of sense if we Talk tactically, since profesional teams just turned into 1* defenders to gain margin and exploit the system.Boring and no punishment like deactivate defence bonuses in these cases.
    Will non spenders be forced to spend? Right now we have issues with video availability, and the new pairings dont fix this but will reduce by far the differance between teams, so It should create something more fair.

And finally, theres a reality, and is that managers always, try to find the exploit to maximize the benefit. This will not be over, for sure.
    At least I’m excited, to see how the new system will work...
    Hopefully it is going to be like the FA,... with promotion and regulation...
    Like a real football competions

Apprentice
    Everyone will probably do the 3151 formation and have 3 x 1* DC's like you get in association games

Quote Originally Posted by davewootton1964 View Post
    Everyone will probably do the 3151 formation and have 3 x 1* DC's like you get in association games
    Of course this needs a fix too... No defence bonus if 1-3* defender is used would simulate the weakness...

Dreamer
    I will say it until the sun stops rising each day, If the game does not undergo drastic changes it will never work properly. If they want to keep it this way without the changes I have been promoting from the beginning then the gaps that will still exist between teams have to be easier to close. For example, the boost feature should be available from the first day of the new season, because, that would help a bit by allowing managers to get better resources quicker. The video drills the same. All those resources should become available on day one. Even the playstyle booster should start much sooner than it does. If they make all these things go as they have by the time one can benefit from them and their team can be eliminated from the Cup and already have lost so many games in CL and league that it is impossible to catch up.

The second point that needs drastic change is the pricing of things. As I, more than once mentioned, prices are way too high. I am all for the game owners and developers making money. That is why they created the game, I get it. However, the prices of items are prohibitive. Each token cost is 10 cents on a dollar. Therefore 10 tokens is equivalent of one dollar. Look at it that way. A player academy training of 600 tokens is 60 US dollars. That in itself is completely unacceptable. If then one adds the time one must wait for a player to finish, more than one week and even as long as 21 days. When you get the player back the season is almost over and if you promote and lose 20% then 20% of that training is gone. 20% of 60 US dollars is 12 US $. When you transform the tokens into real money the whole game reaches a new dimension does it not? As I said I am all for them making money but not like this. Every manager would invest more of the prices were fair and free tokens were more readily available. Every competition should be afforded tokens to winners and not just one per win of a league match. Even that is ridiculous. One token? Provided you win 20 games out of 26 that is 20 tokens, what can be done in reality with 20 tokens? Not much at the rate they charge us for stuff. So the real changes, besides fair matchmaking, will not be made and the game in reality will remain unfair and expensive. There are so many ways they can help us to get tokens and spend less but they will not. For example, why not stop the nonsense of giving pitch patterns as gifts and start giving player celebrations instead? Those should be given as gifts or task rewards instead. I have been playing this game for over one year and they did not increase the amount of tokens in the sponsor category. They increase the money but not the tokens. Increasing the amount of tolkens to sell jerseys and emblems is another way. How can we have to buy emblems and jerseys for 30 plus tokens but only get one token to sell? The very minimum should be 3. I also posted about negotiations. How can we make a counteroffer? If an offer is made of a certain amount of tokens why can't we counter the amount? How is it that in auctions managers are willing to spend 10-15-20 plus tokens for players who are not even as good as the ones on our teams but want to make insulting offers for our players? That happens because there is no way we can counter an offer and raise the token or even place a minimum of tokens per player in our team. The teams in real football are the ones who set the price of the players but we can't do it? Many are the ways but they are denying us the way to earn and clsoe the gaps in quality between our team and others.
    Last edited by MARCO CAIA; 01-02-2024 at 05:42 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast