AMC AMC
    STR STR
    I would go

---ST---
    AML-AMR
    -MC-MC-
    DMC-DMC
    DL-DC-DR

Offensive, down both flanks, mixed, hard tackle, zonal and no counter or offside trap
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    I would go

---ST---
    AML-AMR
    -MC-MC-
    DMC-DMC
    DL-DC-DR

Offensive, down both flanks, mixed, hard tackle, zonal and no counter or offside trap
    Thanks Bro!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    nope mate you got me totally wrong. I was comparing the "having fun" you described with having to have ALWAIS the two regular power-players in your cup every season with capability way beyond the normal players and t buyers, hence having to fight a "already lost" battle at least on charts. Respectively:

where every season over and over (unless you park the bus couple of seasons) you will fight players with a main eleven avg 15Q over the already hugely invested t-buyer teams (like mine, ie, or kaiserslauten).

That's what i meant: until you fight equal opposition or even 4-5Q over you i rekon it's really really fun. Altho when your Q55 t buyer team is up against a Q70 of the same level, EVERY SEASON, is it really fun? Would it be fun for you to fight your way to the cup final four knowing you'll have alwais a 15Q disavantage versus two teams over countless and countless seasons? Your case is different, where the best team apart yours wasn't that far from your quality, as well as the other ones were pretty much on par as well.

That's why i said that for new servers it all come down to luck to either have a real fun cup or just a "win till you can then know you won't go any further". That's a limit to how skilled you can play against 15 Q difference. As matter of fact only a Troll usually makes you through.

As for July, my example was simplier: as i said for old servers, depends on the initial draw. July was sorted with higher levels team which tho had an average of 4*/5* and max 6* players within their ranks, which were 5*,6* and 7* for July. But would a token buyer one or two levels higher than July have a team of about the same amount of tokens spent on training as July, he would have a 10* (hypotetical) team against and i don't know how much fun would be to fight a 130Q team when you are 118 and almost the top of your level.

I sincerely don't know and it's like I said before, some managers are and will be disadvantaged - one way or another. Some managers on the old servers don't like the CUP and the CUP format, while managers on the new ones do (like myself). Some managers on the new ones don't like the auctions and the fact that they need to spend 20-40T + a couple of millions xtra just to buy a 18 yr old 5* player, while managers on the old servers don't.

This is why I always say - It's all about the server your on and every situation is peculiar and distinctive in it's own way. It's almost "impossible" to say - this is how it is, this is how it works, no matter what. That's also why I try to avoid giving people any advices. I believe every manager need to explore and know how things work on their server or lvl for that matter.

I can only speak for myself and the server I'm playing on. I became a "semi" T-buyer at lvl 4 and on lvl 5 a "pro". Mostly because I realized that I had a pretty good chance to compete with the "best" on equal grounds and prerequisites (even if 70% of the managers are T-buyers). And just looking at the team qualities, I consider myself as the 2nd "best", just behind DS on my server and lvl.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    Thanks Bro!
    No mention. But it's not 100% (since I don't know the team qualities and players you both hold on to).
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

New youngsters for Troll FC:

Free one: Accepted and for sale.

Token one: Good one, sadly it is already late in the season.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    No mention. But it's not 100% (since I don't know the team qualities and players you both hold on to).
    I am 80 and they are 68
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    I am 80 and they are 68
    Then you will do fine. A simple 4-1-4-1 (motivated) could work as well (or any butterfly/V-formation for that matter). Just don't leave his 2x AMC unmarked.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Big win in cup

thecageyones, my complete No-Token team, are hanging in there at top spot. Just beat the team in 2nd this morning 2-0 to solidify.

That Nguyen team was a contact from season 1, we exchanged some friendlies, but I deleted them once we were in the same league 2. They added me again the other day, and I thought, ok , sure someone to send gifts to and receive some - seems they only wanted revenge for all the friendlies I beat them in. Started the friendlies up again, knowing I had matches not long after, and also that they had to play me in the league today - they beat my team on extra time, and then again in normal time - because I had 4 injuries, wasn't there to make changes and I had 3 players up for sale ...

Well, it came back to bite them in the ass. Today was when it counted, and that was their last chance, as I had already drew with them away. I had just sold a couple of players, brought in some fresh legs from the market, made some adjustments to the orders and formation and looks like I was bang on

Season 41-thecageyones1.jpg

Season 41-cafefc1.jpg

As for my league 3, semi-T squad - as expected, on top, but only just. Strolling along nicely. I have not bought one token since getting fed up with the state of the game, and Nord not responding to people's requests and pleas to fix it. Yet they have time to push referrals on us and do silly spot the ball competitions on Facebook ... Fix your game first! The random, OTT injuries, the friendly game nonsense, make scouts cheaper, and make skillful management count a LOT more. Not just apparent random scorelines. Spectators should not add possession either, how TF does that work??

Anyway, they still wont listen, so I'm only playing on without cost from now on.

I proved with both teams you can keep on top by actually playing right and training regular, using good formations and orders ... but you have to fight hard against stupid amounts of injuries - Nord trying to force you to buy T for med packs - get lost!
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 06-18-2013 at 08:17 AM.