Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Debating a cup boycott...

My first gameI was drawn against another level 3 player. I lost, away ... would it have mattered if he was a higher level? nope. Though ... it was only 2-1, and I reckon I can turn it back around at home tomorrow ... I guess if he was a lot stronger he could have fleeced me 3 or 4 - 0. But ... that's a cup. Like in reality. Manchester United may face ... Accrington stanley! Accrington can't moan about it, just go do their best.

Cup Update

Managed to get a 1-1 draw away, quite pleased, visit my team showcase here for a full report
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    My first gameI was drawn against another level 3 player. I lost, away ... would it have mattered if he was a higher level? nope. Though ... it was only 2-1, and I reckon I can turn it back around at home tomorrow ... I guess if he was a lot stronger he could have fleeced me 3 or 4 - 0. But ... that's a cup. Like in reality. Manchester United may face ... Accrington stanley! Accrington can't moan about it, just go do their best.
    The point i was making about him being higher level, was that whilst his team's average quality was the same as mine, he had a number of 7 and 8 star players, which are available to him in the transfer market (albeit being probably 4 or 5 star to him) but not to me.

If he was the same level as me, unless he spent heavily on packs for power training, the highest level players, realistically for him would be 6 stars, through the scout, which are a rarity.

In other words, he can easily buy better players than me, whilst id have to invest in scouts to match them.

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Apprentice
    @Sxrenity What are you going to do if he/she decides tomorrow to buy a couple of scouts and a couple of 5 star players from his regular transfer list? What can you do to match this? Probably nothing... That's how Nordeus treats its loyal customers, UNFAIR.

Quote Originally Posted by aiureah View Post
    @Sxrenity What are you going to do if he/she decides tomorrow to buy a couple of scouts and a couple of 5 star players from his regular transfer list? What can you do to match this? Probably nothing... That's how Nordeus treats its loyal customers, UNFAIR.
    Knowing me, ill end up forking out for more tokens to buy scouts myself haha.

Im just on edge at the moment as to whether or not i'm bothered about the cup. I want to win it, as its a rarity to see those trophies, and its classed as a great achievement, but i dont know if i'm wasting my time or not... i guess we'll see tomorrow.

#JFT96

Apprentice
    You can buy as many scouts as you want but you can't match his 5 star players or scouts who are superstars or legends for your level. This is the "fairness" of the new cup system...

Quote Originally Posted by aiureah View Post
    You can buy as many scouts as you want but you can't match his 5 star players or scouts who are superstars or legends for your level. This is the "fairness" of the new cup system...
    Thats true. Thats the point i was making earlier to the guy mentioning level doesn't matter, when a really crap, cheap player to him is going to be an amazing player at my level.

Lets hope he doesn't intend on buying any new players

saying that, EVERYONE in my cup fixtures happen to be above level 5, and i can't see none of those managers investing in new players.

decisions decisions eh.

#JFT96

CUP system is unfair .. again am in top of my server !! but am not a token buyer ... the server put me with teams full of 7* & 8* !!! WTF?
    and those A******** support each other .. played one today .. and like he needed the support of another 2 token buyers .. did my best to not get humiliated and come back away with a 4-1 lose against a team full of 7*&8* .. CURRENT CUP SYSTEM IS UNFAIR
    my team QT is 51 .. but bcz am in top of my server, they put me with teams with QT of 65 (first 11 team QT) !! my mate is QT 48.5 he play teams who are lower quality than him .. now tell me how this is fkn fair .. this is how much 2.5 QT difference can make !! .. a total joke system ,... i wish if i have an option to not attend the game and keep my team moral high .. i hope Nordeus give me just an option to unsubscribe from the cup .. why i need to get humialted season after another facing team with 7*& 8* .. is just a pointless exercise for me
    Last edited by shwanko07; 06-02-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    CUP system is unfair .. again am in top of my server !! but am not a token buyer ... the server put me with teams full of 7* & 8* !!! WTF?
    and those A******** support each other .. played one today .. and like he needed the support of another 2 token buyers .. did my best to not get humiliated and come back away with a 4-1 lose against a team full of 7*&8* .. CURRENT CUP SYSTEM IS UNFAIR
    my team QT is 51 .. but bcz am in top server they put me with teams with QT of 65 for first 11 !! my mate is QT 48.5 he play teams who are lower quality than him .. now tell me how this is fkn fair .. this is how much 2.5 AT difference can make .. a total joke system ,... i wish if i have an option to not attend the game and keep my team moral high .. i hope Nordeus give me just an option to unsubscribe from the cup .. why i need to get humialted season after another facing team with 7*& 8* .. is just a pointless exercise for me
    I try and support the lower quality teams in fixtures when i can, means im more likely to face them if they win and not the stronger one.

sly,me.

#JFT96

Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    I try and support the lower quality teams in fixtures when i can, means im more likely to face them if they win and not the stronger one.

sly,me.
    yes .. that is what i do too
    but what i don't understand is my teams full of 5*, playing team with 7* & 8* and see 2 people coming and supporting the other guy !!
    i was so pissed off .. i decided to support against those 2 di**h***s .. they have a team full of 7* & 8* too ..
    what a bunch of sick psychos

and I don't blame them .. may be the want to meet in semi finals or something or they are just like a gang .. so I don't blame them ... I blame NORDEUS for putting me with those teams while my mate 2.5 Qt less than me is rewarded with easy cup with lower quality teams
    Last edited by shwanko07; 06-02-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast