Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?

Hey there,
    How can I beat that wierd formation
    3w-2(mc)-4w(2 amc, aml, amr)-1?

I use what Joachim Lowe used to beat Argentina in the cup final on Sunday. Unless of course I lose a player to fatigue or injury then I have to switch it up.

Rookie
    Can someone tell me what a 'V-Style' is. I'm using a 4-5-1 'V-Style' Formation to counter a 3N-1-3W-1-2 Formation and I don't know what 'V-Style' is.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon 'Pasta' Creegan View Post
    Can someone tell me what a 'V-Style' is. I'm using a 4-5-1 'V-Style' Formation to counter a 3N-1-3W-1-2 Formation and I don't know what 'V-Style' is.
    As below, ignore arrows - they were for a different formation that I changed for the pic.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    As below, ignore arrows - they were for a different formation that I changed for the pic.
    Thank you for this, it's really helpful. I was wondering if you could explain the concept of the Arrows for me. I don't understand them. I just assume Red = Attacking & Blue = Defending, but that's it. It's be grateful if you were to explain what the Arrows are and what they do.

Arrows are about focussing a player more towards one mentality - red makes them focus more on offensive role (but don't neglect completely their defensive duties), blue more on defensive role .

It helps me to think of the Mentality setting in Orders as a Team or Global setting and arrows as an additional tweak at an individual player level.

Arrows also seem to cause more condition loss.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Arrows are about focussing a player more towards one mentality - red makes them focus more on offensive role (but don't neglect completely their defensive duties), blue more on defensive role .

It helps me to think of the Mentality setting in Orders as a Team or Global setting and arrows as an additional tweak at an individual player level.

Arrows also seem to cause more condition loss.
    I have basically got my Strikers and MC Players on Red Arrows and my Defenders and ML/MR on Blue Arrows. Is this recommended because I have no idea how the tactics work. Can you offer advice maybe?

Can you help me with an advice playing against 4-1(dmc)-2w-3 ?

Rookie
    my settings for 4-1-4-1 dl dc dc dr-dmc-ml mc mc mr-st red arrows dl dr ml mr dmc(if haven't amc) defence or normal/flanks/short passes/tacklin hard or normal/counter attack yes/offside trap no

Any Idea how to counter this?? I Haven't played with this kind of formation before!

Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-weirdo-1.jpg
    Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is.”

Manager Level 9, Season 9

Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast