Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How to beat a 4-1-4-1 formation?

Quote Originally Posted by opopofc View Post
    Tried this Formation against a much weaker team that played 4-14-1 and lost. really donot understand why .cann u please help me out 3W 5-2V style does not work for me.
    Because he played defensively with counter attack on ) Saying to win 4-1-4-1 easily with any specific formation is doubtful to me because there's luck factor also. If he defends well and scores only one goal and you cannot manage to score, that'll be it
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post
    Because he played defensively with counter attack on ) Saying to win 4-1-4-1 easily with any specific formation is doubtful to me because there's luck factor also. If he defends well and scores only one goal and you cannot manage to score, that'll be it
    So what will you advice me to do?

So what will you advice me to do?
    The problem I think Is that you used 3W-5-2 V-style without ML and MR. Basically, your AMR/AML are blocked by his DR/DL and DMC. Your 2 STs will find it difficult to score if he put DOWN arrows on his DCs. So if your attack is unsuccessful and his team turns it into counter-attack down both flanks, your defense is simply torn down. If he has good ST and ML/MR, any counter attack can bring him a goal against you.

I'd use 3N-5-2 flat Or 3W-1-4-2.

I prefer 3N-5-2, go with attacking both flanks because your opponent has a DMC, you don't want focus passing to be mixed because that DMC can get your ball and turn it into a counter attack.

Because you use 3 DCs, should go for whole pitch and offside trap.

In summary, you can use 3N-5-2 flat against 4-1-4-1, the settings are Attacking, Down Both Flanks, Whole Pitch, Normal, Mixed, and Offside Trap.
    Last edited by HULIANO; 08-16-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks a lot. used the 3W-1-4-2 with mixed passing and defensive and beat him 2-0 .Thanks a million.I started with 4231 30 minutes into the first half then changed to 3W-1-4-2 and the Goals came in.

Thanks a lot. used the 3W-1-4-2 with mixed passing and defensive and beat him 2-0 .Thanks a million.I started with 4231 30 minutes into the first half then changed to 3W-1-4-2 and the Goals came in.
    You need 2 STs because he has 2 DCs and 1 DMC, so 1 ST will become ineffective. Anw, congratz on your win.

Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post
    The problem I think Is that you used 3W-5-2 V-style without ML and MR. Basically, your AMR/AML are blocked by his DR/DL and DMC. Your 2 STs will find it difficult to score if he put DOWN arrows on his DCs. So if your attack is unsuccessful and his team turns it into counter-attack down both flanks, your defense is simply torn down. If he has good ST and ML/MR, any counter attack can bring him a goal against you.

I'd use 3N-5-2 flat Or 3W-1-4-2.

I prefer 3N-5-2, go with attacking both flanks because your opponent has a DMC, you don't want focus passing to be mixed because that DMC can get your ball and turn it into a counter attack.

Because you use 3 DCs, should go for whole pitch and offside trap.

In summary, you can use 3N-5-2 flat against 4-1-4-1, the settings are Attacking, Down Both Flanks, Whole Pitch, Normal, Mixed, and Offside Trap.
    Have a return match with my 4-1-4-1 arch rival.he now has bought an Amc/mc plus two Scout Players attacker and midfielder. Think he might Play with a slightly motivated Team.
    what advice would u give on how to deal him the last deadly blow? PS we now have the same average.35/35
    Plus i think he is still playing defensive with Counter attack am playing away should i go all out or be more on the defensive as he beat his last two opponents each 10 and 9 Goals to nothing.

thanks in advance for your reply
    Last edited by opopofc; 08-17-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Tried 3-5-2 flat against this on home turf, being the stronger team with 5 scouts on the midfield I really expected more than 51% possession against a counter attacking opponent.. on top of this he scored 4 goals with 5 shots on target. What a lucky SoB!

And here I was hoping for a flawless 26-0-0 season.

hello, today i have a very important match. My team is 197.5 /4 stars/. My opponent is 200.2/5 stars/.
    He play 4-1-4-1
    I will try this tactic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mar Wie View Post
    Don't Play with DMC, set up 3 MC instead and red arrows on AML/R

-----ST-ST-----
    AML--------AMR
    --MC-MC-MC---
    ----------------
    ---DC-DC-DC---

Attacking, Down both flanks, whole pitch, short passing, zonal, no counter, with offside trap
    hello, today i have a very important match. My team is 197.5 /4 stars/. My opponent is 200.2/5 stars/.
    He play 4-1-4-1
    I will try this tactic!
    khris likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123