Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Road to Success - How to Win the Cup

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    @ nik
    I don't know...
    yea, me either
    I didn't watch my 2nd leg (oppo manager was there again), I used the same formation and orders (with that I begun the 1st game and later change to 4-2-2-2 hex).
    The only different thing was that I gave the 1st (cheap) victory bonus.
    Seems that my players prefer than than me watching the game - LOL
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cup-1st-2nd-leg-0-8.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post
    @ BeckStar:

Tokens aren't that problem - this season I have 64T. Yesterday I bought two nordgens for 1T each. The Problem is... I don't wanna manipulate Cup/CL... I really like my squad, my players. I don't play to win over all... I play for fun, for challenge,... it's just the stupid cupdraw. Why has a manager, who trains his team, keep the players,... that kind of disadvantage?
    There are so many good ideas, how it can work: Three managerlevels together: 1-3, 4-6,... so every third season, there's a realistic chance to win the cup.

And the comment of Moi is bullsh*t: I played manager 2 cup 5, manager3 cup6, manager4 cup8 -> so why I'm another cuplevel higher? Where are the teams before?
    My wife had/has pretty equal squad like mine (played last two CL-Finals against each other), so why she was last season (manager4) cup6, this season cup8?

Btw. I'm manager5, played cup9: I checked all squads: this season I was only manager5, than there was manager7, highest was 12 (was shown with 9*) - so I knew, this season, this would be the hardest cup, I've ever played. And I don't have any troubles to lose - only like the BS of this day made my angry, annoyed,..., because my squad played much better!!!

F.E.: last season finals: It was so close... it was okay, if I had lost...

So, let's focus on League/CL.

@ nik
    I don't know...
    You have every right not to bow to the known method to win the cup but then, you cannot complain. Cup is the only competition for which a method has been benchmarked and validated that may not give you 100% of chances of success but at least, can raise your level of hope dramatically. This is not the case in CL or even in league. In CL, season after season, I face complete jeopardy with either monsters or crap teams just picked randomly. I won the cup last season and this new one looks damn good with a bunch of very poor teams in my table. But sure, I had to get rid of players I liked a lot. But in the end, I prefer this trophy to any of my players.

Have they changed the way overall team quality is calculated? Could hanging on to 1* players be an obsolete strategy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I asked how the quality of the teams is calculated but didn't get any answers and I suppose we 'll not have any official answer.
    Remember that before 1-2 months, we had the first official announcement for the Cup draw quality (after 5 years)
    I suppose that it must be something like best 11.
    Don't know but I don't think it's working like setting the 11 more weak players in the squad

If I do subs, it does change. When I get a chance, I'll look into it more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by motrin View Post
    If I do subs, it does change. When I get a chance, I'll look into it more
    yes, I noticed that and we discussed it yesterday with Beckstar (we 're in the same asc. so we 're interesting about it -lol) but it's not the q for the draw, it's just the visual- temporary (I believe).
    motrin likes this.

Rookie
    As far as i see it, manipulating the team that way is taking advantage of a bug. And yes, i consider it a bug but since nordeus does not care....Problem is that same **** happens also in the Asociations, have a look at the leaderboard, they are all doing this "cheating".

Here #142
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...greece-15.html
    I explain to @ingineru my point of view.
    and yes, the Cup draw continue that way
    Last season I played the final vs Bjorn from Sweden
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cup-final-9-0.jpg

and this season the draw lead him again on my way ( I wonder what is he thinking - LOOOL )
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-d14-cup.jpg

He has a very good team - as he is 3 lvs down, those players are 5-6-7*, all with special abilities.
    But he doesn't understand probably how this system is working and that's the advantage for us the forum members.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cup-oppo-bjorn.jpg

* and btw, if it wasn't me, (who 's gonna win the Cup), it's not that a 5* team would win it, but just the wealthy and stronger team of this level with players like above.
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Dreamer
    Great stuff Niko!

Nik, it okay, you "use" how the system works... but for real: Do you really think, you are the pro, who distroy this guy, which maybe gives his best?
    Do you need, to show, that he hadn't a chance? At another thread you talk(ed) about honor... That isn't also honorable.
    I think, this cupwins mean nothing. Maybe... I'll never win the cup again, but I want a cup in my trophyroom, which shows, that my team manages to win against everyone, who comes. No matter, if they are stronger/weaker.

And yes... for sure I hate that cupdraw.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend