Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Road to Success - How to Win the Cup

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    also keep your 0T academy players from now on.
    They 're valuable only for this purpose ;)
    Yeah, and for bonus training ::) I keep them.
    It wasn't our day.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    After some time, this thread needs an update !

So, now at season 89 we have few new things

League draw : The league draw now is starting with the (new season) server maintenance and not day 3.
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...-happened.html

There is a big chance that teams with the same quality put together in the same league. If you want some easy opponents, you must have a really low q team before the new season.
    If you have friends from the same server and level, the chances to be together in the same league are very low if you have different quality.
    My team RINOKEROS had a strong League, with 12 good teams.
    NIK had only 4 descent teams so i made a good record of 26-0-0 plus impressive G.D.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-league-d25.jpg

A team with quality above 120% is very possible to face super tanking teams in next season.
    That means the next championship will not be in his hands but the mood of the tanking super opponents.
    If they will play with their good team against you or your league rivals.

Champions league draw
    There are some months where the league winner is placing in a higher level CH.L. next season. It’s not 100% but very possible.
    Before 2 seasons, the rule was the league winner in a CH.L. with +1 lv teams which finished 2/3/4th in their leagues.
    But from previous season this also changed. A league winner can play with a 2th league winner from a lv bellow.
    There is no obvious criterion (despite this comment there).
    My team last seasons dropped quality (4* avg) and had good Cup draw but still was playing vs 6*-7* +1 lv teams in CH.L.
    My thought is that (maybe) there is some hidden factor for a team. Lucky or not – haha
    more details here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...tml#post443418

Update- the CL draw has to do with the quality only and not the position you had in previous season league.

Cup draw
    :
    It also changed from previous season. The general idea is that you can play with teams from a +- 1 level.
    Still dropping quality can help but not so much.
    A team with low q can play with low q teams from a +1 lv, when a high q team will play with stronger oppo from +1 lv. A very low q team, can play with high q teams from a lv bellow.
    Also can happen to play with the same teams as League or CH.L.
    RINOKEROS in the Cup had some teams from that and previous season League, as the team I played in previous season final (all with the same lv and q about 6* ).

If you observe the Cup opponents at day 1, it's very possible to see many of them in your League.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cup-road-final.jpg

same season league teams
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-league-d28.jpg
    and from previous season
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cup-teams-last-league.jpg

Super league : if you were in a +1 lv CH.L. and finished at 3rd position in the group, you ‘ll continue in a + 1 lv in Super league too.
    Of course there, the managers aren’t so strong and active so you can have few more chances to go for the trophy.
    If someone made a tanking and win the S.L. , next season can have good chances for the treble as he will start with a good q and gonna play in a same lv CH.L. too.

Another successful method (I used that previous season), is not to win the league cup on purpose, so to avoid next season the +1 lv CH.L.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-3-teams-lv29-lv30.jpg

Of course not to be unlucky too, because it’s not 100% sure.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 08-27-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    dsio, gizzmo, BeckStar and 4 others like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Yeah, I never really indulge in bidding wars. Over the last two seasons, I've realised those two star players are useful. Sometimes they actually perform well. But I never renew their contract so by the end of the season, their contract ends and they go. Old players who are already 31 and above are going to retire soon, but I never sell them unless I need to make space. I always let them retire, they come in handy with injuries red cards and wotnot. But they get tired easily, and cannot play every single game. I'm in the Cup final this season, and I pray I win cause I've never won it as a manager. For like two seasons I never even got past first stage. Champions League I've never got past the Quarter Finals, and I only got to the quarter finals this season. I've never been knocked out at the group stages, but for three consecutive seasons got knocked out at the Round of 16. Compared to some users here, my portfolio ain't that impressive-

2 League titles
    1 Super League title
    ibangali likes this.

a mini summary

April was the last month of the old version.
    I was disappointed from this and with the +1 CH.L. draws (https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...aw-system.html)
    and decided to stay for 4-5 seasons.
    meanwhile I have read for many "troll" results in the forum and started a thread to search it more.
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...ad-season.html
    But it seems that things were about the same, just the usual 1-2 troll results in a season.
    Last season (93) I activate the team again, won the league but lost in the Cup final.
    Last season I dropped quality (I had many players 8* from tanking those seasons)
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-selling-2.jpg

bought some new players, played in a same (and -1) LV Cup , the same with CH.L. and won them both.
    So I won the treble.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-treble-2.jpg

Last day of the season, I also sold some players to go for the next draw with lower q.
    From 14 high q players, i kept 8 and those low q ex-academy players
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-d25-after-cl-final.jpg

73% is the q of the starting 11
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-quality-last-day.jpg
    Niddhoeggr and dsio like this.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw in your picture that you do that at the last day of the season. Sorry, should have looked closer.

Hi Nik!

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos
    73% is the q of the starting 11
    73% before the start of the new season or afterwards?

Thanks!

Best,
    Nidd
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 08-10-2017 at 11:48 AM.

The general idea is that a team which will finish - last night (the avg of 14 higher q players with contract or not)
    ... 6* near to 7* (110-120%) in a +1 lv Cup or CH.L.
    ... 5* to 6* (100%) depends from the LV , the server and luck
    ... less than 5* ( 80% <) in an easy league and a same/-1 lv in Cup/ CH.L.

Above aren't strict but very possible (for a normal lv, not in the top of the server).
    Niddhoeggr and FC Dacia Terra like this.

Nik, so right now I have 6 8* players who form my core team, 10 7*, including 5 subs. And 9 trash players between 2 - 3*'s that I retain over the seasons.

I set the trash team before end of season & have a squad quality between 30 - 50% usually, depending on how many extras I can offload & replace. My A team is usually between 115 - 120 at the start of season.

I'm still drawing against +1 levels in Cup & CL every season. Moreover I have a 145+ title contender & a 180+ tanker in my league this season. The 180+ also knocked me out of the Cup. It's usually the same story almost every season.

Any suggestions on how I can make the draw easier or should I just tank a season & go in with a 140+ team?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If you 're thinking that putting your 2*-3* players in the first squad and the high q players in the bench, just said that this "trick" doesn't work.
    The game will "read" the top 14 high q players no matter their positions.
    So you must keep 7 high q players and the rest 2*-3* players.
    For a test, to have some idea, you must set 6 high q players and 5 low q and see what is the team value against an opponent in a next game.
    If your q is low 5* or under, you 're gonna have a good draw meaning
    - In your league you 'll avoid those two opponents
    - in the Cup also you 'll avoid Jurgen
    - in the CH.L. you 'll have same or -1 lv.
    The same lv teams won't be monster teams but you might have a high q team from a lv bellow.

They key to success (or at least to have good chances because you know, this is T11 haha) are

- find some young fast trainers and invest to them in the beginning, so to add some extra positions and 2-3 roles.
    Add some quality so to have them as 7* the 3rd-4th week of the season and keep them for 4-5 seasons

- sign and keep seven 0T academy players and keep them till their retirement.

- the first day of the season (or 2nd), when you have your team ready, you already have the plan which you 're gonna keep or send at the end of the season and invest your greens by that.

This is my team at day 2 of the season.
    I already know whom to keep and whom to sell last day (green - red box)

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-d2.jpg
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 08-11-2017 at 06:04 PM.
    dsio, madflo19, Niddhoeggr and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    If you 're thinking that putting your 2*-3* players in the first squad and the high q players in the bench, just said that this "trick" doesn't work.
    The game will "read" the top 14 high q players no matter their positions.
    So you must keep 7 high q players and the rest 2*-3* players.
    For a test, to have some idea, you must set 6 high q players and 5 low q and see what is the team value against an opponent in a next game.
    If your q is low 5* or under, you 're gonna have a good draw meaning
    - In your league you 'll avoid those two opponents
    - in the Cup also you 'll avoid Jurgen
    - in the CH.L. you 'll have same or -1 lv.
    The same lv teams won't be monster teams but you might have a high q team from a lv bellow.

They key to success (or at least to have good chances because you know, this is T11 haha) are

- find some young fast trainers and invest to them in the beginning, so to add some extra positions and 2-3 roles.
    Add some quality so to have them as 7* the 3rd-4th week of the season and keep them for 4-5 seasons

- sign and keep seven 0T academy players and keep them till their retirement.

- the first day of the season (or 2nd), when you have your team ready, you already have the plan which you 're gonna keep or send at the end of the season and invest your greens by that.

This is my team at day 2 of the season.
    I already know whom to keep and whom to sell last day (green - red box)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	team d2.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	85997
    Hmm k. Got it. Yeah, I was under the impression that either the overall quality or the first 11 (when using trash) is used for the seeding. Meh :/

I will give this a shot next season. Thanks a ton for explaining !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi Nik,

I liked your posting but did not react to it it so far. So thank you for your advice

I am planing to try this whole approach because (as you are surely aware of through my other thread) I want to get a better ore more managable draw. Just wanted to leave a "thank you" here and let's see, what the new season will bring.

I created an excel sheet to see how strong my team will be when including my best 14 players while selling a lot of them but I won't come under 95%. I think I will try it nevertheless and see what the new season will bring,

My main issue is, that I am missing really low quality players (from the academy). I will have to gather them in the next seasons and not sell them.

Thanks again Nik! I will probably start a new thread in the forum to display my experiences with this approach.

Best,
    Nidd
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast