Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Road to Success - How to Win the Cup

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I won the CL final without watching the game, only from another account I have (that's another tactic I do).
    Oppo manager was present but couldn't help his team.

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cl-final-1.jpg

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cl-final-1-fans.jpg

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cl-final-1-rates.jpg

now I 'll keep 11-12 players for my Super Cup and sell the rest
    UnderAlexSkin likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Max
    I have won 3 cups in a row at the moment and we are going for a fourth one.

When I won the CL last season, they organised my super cup match and league match 25 minutes apart from each other, I won both games so in your face Nordeus.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 12-11-2019 at 08:14 PM.

What a manager must not do !
    Not to downgrade his team too much.
    There is no reason, specially if you are in mid-upper levels.
    This season I enter the season with a 80% quality.
    My opponents have the same quality, some little less 70% and some lower.
    Like this guy who has 1* players. He won't find opponents in CL who will have such a low quality.
    He could go with 4-5 good quality players.

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-cl-tu-1-star.jpg

* wearing Barca emblem.
    What a shame

Last season (126) I stayed the same season but won the SL so now I 'm playing again in CL.
    Last day of the season, I kept my best 8 near 7* players + 8 players with low quality.
    But the 1st day of the season, I already had in my squad the 4 new academy players.
    It seems that those 4 academy players replaced 4 of the lower quality players I had so it was
    - the 8 best
    - the 4 YA players
    - 2 players 2*
    for the draw.
    So I had a draw in CL with opponents +1 LV.
    Not strong but it was the first time after many seasons.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-d1.jpg

It's not 100% sure but I believe that if you want to go for the treble, you must ignore totally the academy players.
    Do not sign anyone unless you will invest to 1-2 but you must count them as the high quality players .
    Sillybq, Der_Ryan_M and TooMuchG like this.

I think you are right, NIK ! Why would they implement this? to ruin our chances to win the treble every season because they know that us the greens users have very good teams.
    So shady this company, it s unbelievable...
    Might skip on academy players next season.
    This season is a complete hell
    I m still around, LOL!

Yes you are right Nik, I experienced it as well. I had 10 good players, one low 4 star player for training and 3 1% players as my Top 14. In my level there are always only 2 leagues, a strong one and a weaker one. With this setup with 3 1% players the last seasons I always was in low league.

These youth players surely count for the Top 14 draw as this season I am in the good league for the first time in a long time. Considering that they are also slow trainers anyway, this kills the youth academy feature for me and I will not further use it.

I think you are right, NIK ! Why would they implement this? to ruin our chances to win the treble every season
    No, that's a tactic which only few experience and trophies hunters follow.
    If it wasn't this guide, even the current devs who are in charge now, wouldn't know how it works as they do not play the game as we, the hardcore players.
    Playing TE for almost six years now, still there are only those two basic things.
    Find the young fast trainers and train them with the farming greens.
    Avoid the +1 lv opponents and the super tankers and go for the treble.
    Nothing else.
    All those posts and threads about counters, academy, loans, ...are minus.

We didn't loose anything, only two 2* players per season which can be sell for money (big deal ) or to keep low quality (which can be replaced with a 3* young player from the market)
    and rarely I had a 14 tokens academy fast trainer with the position I wanted early in the season.
    So, if you 're playing that way, forget the Academy.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 01-07-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Find the young fast trainers and train them with the farming greens.
    Avoid the +1 lv opponents and the super tankers and go for the treble.
    Nothing else.
    All those posts and threads about counters, academy, loans, ...are minus.
    I really thought the academy could provide an interesting feature even for people like us, who know the game and do everything we do according to plan our success.
    But again, it's not and it's even worse than I thought.

If you break down the game like you did and you are just after trophies (in lower levels, not server end) it is really this kind of strategy - manipulate, find FTs, use your greens efficiently and if you have no other one doing the same you should win plenty.
    nikolgiorgos, milpol and Altiplano like this.

@ Der_Ryan_M
    for me there aren't other ways of playing the game, just only go for titles.
    - If the game was fair and put you with the same level and about the same quality opponents in the beginning of the season I would play like that.
    - If the game had some sensible way of playing with counter formations, coaching, developing the right players, I would play like that too.
    But the random factor is too big as the game-play choices. Yesterday for example I was winning in a game (not with NIK, my other team) 8-0 an abandoned team, had a 79%-21% and my player got a yellow at 85'. Because it was to be. Another player with morale on fire was injured (without some card for opponent payer).
    It's been 2 years now that I have stopped giving advice for counter formations. has no meaning. Only watching the game and doing things during that.

Except the titles, only playing in asso games with some friends have some fun for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    @ Der_Ryan_M
    for me there aren't other ways of playing the game, just only go for titles.
    - If the game was fair and put you with the same level and about the same quality opponents in the beginning of the season I would play like that.
    - If the game had some sensible way of playing with counter formations, coaching, developing the right players, I would play like that too.
    But the random factor is too big as the game-play choices. Yesterday for example I was winning in a game (not with NIK, my other team) 8-0 an abandoned team, had a 79%-21% and my player got a yellow at 85'. Because it was to be. Another player with morale on fire was injured (without some card for opponent payer).
    It's been 2 years now that I have stopped giving advice for counter formations. has no meaning. Only watching the game and doing things during that.

Except the titles, only playing in asso games with some friends have some fun for me right now.
    I only play mostly for associations, my goal is still to get to the top of my server still 4 levels to go. But in last summer I suffered a heavy loss of motivation and stopped playing for 2-3 months and I'm scared it could hit me maybe again, because there just are no new exciting features anymore and when they hype you up for something, when they release it at the end it's not good.
    Unfortunately my competition is too good to win many titles up here, as multiple levels are united in one CL and cup and even if I am one of the strongest sides, like last season in my CL, some other active manager of equal or a bit less quality comes around in semis or final and then I lose. This game is like "Groundhog day" where every season the same sh** is happening and someone at the end (also it was me before) is lucky enough to lift a trophy at the end. Apart from league where manipulation still works well even for me.

I like playing competitive games but so often this game gives you the feeling, that you shouldn't have lost and at the beginning, as a new player, you may feel the need to improve your squad or change tactics but at my point I know it doesn't change much and random factor always plays a huge role. And then developers give you a hard time to play the game the way you like (the best way) and give you less FTs or make skills less effective.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334