Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Got pawned - need advice !!

  1. #11
    Addicted Spyros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    If not then play 3N-3W-1-2W-1
    3W are dml /dmc /dmr ? Could use that but it seems too much defensive. Another problem I face is that my dml and dmr have even less quality, few games played and average performance 6.

    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    played this formation and beat him 3-0 away easily
    played 4-1-4-1
    with LM (up) and AMR
    sure my full backs, DMC had (up) too
    counter , flanks, long
    4-1-4-1 is a formation that fits my team as I favor it a lot.... can you be a more specific concerning match instructions(passing,mentality) ?

    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    why using AMC when he is weaker at flanks .. attack flanks like i did
    beat home and away comfortably
    I am very strong at wings, this is what Im after with a proper formation!

    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    You lost 2-1 away, that's an advantage. You have 49% possession despite he has 5% advatantage of possession at home. How are you being outplayed? Just by looking at the information you provided I can tell his team has slight quality overall better than you and he's more confident than you since he's taking the attack approach. your formation is nothing wrong but gives you no advantage.
    My team overall quality is at 5 stars (51) while his at 4 stars (46,6) but his starting eleven quality almost match mine. He is slightly inferior but plays very offensive...
    I am most worried about game engine tricks, 2 away goals would finish me off. I am looking for a formation to dominate attack while at same time have minimum risks at my defense.

    You may check my signature to get a glimpse at my arsenal.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece


    League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2




    Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

  2. #12
    Famous fmldotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,026
    You mostly played 1ST why you have 2 sub ST? Same with having 3 mc as subs. Should trade them for sub mr/amr and AMC. Good team though! Anyways, if you are better quality why you play defense? Why always 10 players on your end of the field? (5 of his and 5 of yours). If I were you I put silva back in defense instead of pique because not only you have aerial powers overall back 4 is better. Put kaka in to dictate midfield, keep everything same. If mascherano can be healthy then put robbed as AMC and play asymmetric formation with 4-1-2(mc + ml)-2(AMC+amr)-1.

    Btw why you name players in unnatural positions?

  3. #13
    Famous fmldotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I agree with this formation except that you can choose to go with 2 strikers instead of the AMC.
    Another possibility is to go with 3N-3W-3W-1, and play down the flanks.

    He has 2 MCs and 3 DCs, you should be going at him hard down the flanks. AMR/AML are very important to have if you dont play the natural 4-4-2 and they give you so much more in terms of flexibility of formations. If you had them, you would pwn him
    The original formation of the English is not even 4-4-2, what is natural?

  4. #14
    Addicted Spyros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    579
    if you are better quality why you play defense?
    I never said i played 1 leg with defensive mentality.. it was attacking with normal passing...

    If I were you I put silva back in defense instead of pique because not only you have aerial powers overall back 4 is better
    I would too, if only he wasnt in such bad form. His stats atm are like 5-6-6-7-5.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece


    League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2




    Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    The original formation of the English is not even 4-4-2, what is natural?
    REALLY??? Does it really matter what the formation of the English is in real life in relation to this game? I could give a toss about real life football when I play this game because this is a game engine and can only simulate possible results based on the information of your team and your opponents team. The point of this game is to out-think your opponent and win. Or is it to give all your money to Nordeus? Im confused about that one...

    Anyways, 4-4-2 is the natural/typical/popular formation of this game. It is the most balanced and most people win everything with this formation. You say you play a 4-1-4-1, which is a 4-4-2 with a sweeper/DMC at the cost of a striker, which also could be viewed as a 4-5-1, also a very natural/popular formation in real football.

    More importantly, your situation: you can think all you want on this, you can toss out all the advice we give you, but at the end of the day you have to decide if our advice is relevant to your situation. I have seen many good suggestions and you seem to not like any of the answers. I would forget about being too defensive or worry about his players quality and just go with a strong defensive formation that will exploit his weakness, which is a lack of defense.

    -----ST---ST-----
    -----------------
    -----MC---MC-------
    -DML---DMC---DMR-
    ----DC--DC--DC----


    good luck

  6. #16
    Famous fmldotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    REALLY??? Does it really matter what the formation of the English is in real life in relation to this game? I could give a toss about real life football when I play this game because this is a game engine and can only simulate possible results based on the information of your team and your opponents team. The point of this game is to out-think your opponent and win. Or is it to give all your money to Nordeus? Im confused about that one...

    Anyways, 4-4-2 is the natural/typical/popular formation of this game. It is the most balanced and most people win everything with this formation. You say you play a 4-1-4-1, which is a 4-4-2 with a sweeper/DMC at the cost of a striker, which also could be viewed as a 4-5-1, also a very natural/popular formation in real football.

    More importantly, your situation: you can think all you want on this, you can toss out all the advice we give you, but at the end of the day you have to decide if our advice is relevant to your situation. I have seen many good suggestions and you seem to not like any of the answers. I would forget about being too defensive or worry about his players quality and just go with a strong defensive formation that will exploit his weakness, which is a lack of defense.

    -----ST---ST-----
    -----------------
    -----MC---MC-------
    -DML---DMC---DMR-
    ----DC--DC--DC----


    good luck
    You said natural I just ask you what natural is because the inventor of the game don't play 4-4-2 in the beginning and they don't play that now. In this game I barely see any ppl play 4-4-2 and they certainly don't win everything except July because his team is nuts. ask around, mostly there's only 1 or 2 teams per league plays 4-4-2 and not all of them leading. I agree with you it's one of the most balanced formations though.

    As for your 3-3-2-2 formation i knew some1 will recommend this because they believe the DML/DMR will block the arm/aml and DMC block his AMC. How you exploit his lack of defense with 2st against 3 DC? You going more defensive not to mention you don't even take time to look at his team before you give your 2 cents. His DMR is very weak and he only has 1 good ST.

  7. #17
    Famous fmldotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,026
    4-1-4-1 is not 4-4-2 with a sweeper/DMC because DMC is not sweeper. Sweeper would fit in 1-4-4-1 with the sweeper playing lowest of defense not midfield. 4-1-4-1 is also not 4-5-1 they are similar but not the same. It's not popular in real life only used for defensive teams with lower quality. Teams like Liverpool, Chelsea or arsenal play 4-5-1 but all different formation. Arsenal more like 4-3-2-1 with cazorla as AMC and Walcott as amr. Liverpool is more like 4-2-3-1 and Chelsea is like 4-5-1 V.

  8. #18
    Famous fmldotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    I never said i played 1 leg with defensive mentality.. it was attacking with normal passing...


    I would too, if only he wasnt in such bad form. His stats atm are like 5-6-6-7-5.
    He has bad form playing in defense or midfield? 6 is acceptable. 7 is good, 8 is excellent, 9 is amazing. 5 is unacceptable but look back to those games and see why.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    4-1-4-1 is not 4-4-2 with a sweeper/DMC because DMC is not sweeper. Sweeper would fit in 1-4-4-1 with the sweeper playing lowest of defense not midfield. 4-1-4-1 is also not 4-5-1 they are similar but not the same. It's not popular in real life only used for defensive teams with lower quality. Teams like Liverpool, Chelsea or arsenal play 4-5-1 but all different formation. Arsenal more like 4-3-2-1 with cazorla as AMC and Walcott as amr. Liverpool is more like 4-2-3-1 and Chelsea is like 4-5-1 V.

    As this game will not allow the a player to be placed between the goalie and defense, then DMC is the only close thing. It is as close as you can get to a 5th defenseman without playing 5 at the back.

    Liverpool plays 4-3-3, as does Barca. You can call it 4-5-1 if you want but at the end of the day you are being a bit too picky. As a Liverpool fan, and I'm hardcore as I watch EVERY game, I think you need to watch more Liverpool games to tell me that they play 4-5-1.

    Get Brendan Rodgers to call me and tell me he plays 4-5-1 and then I will believe you. Otherwise, I will go with what I see and what the commentators tell me. Sorry, I just have to laugh when I hear someone tell me how my own team(liverpool) plays. With Rafa as gaffer and Torres on the team, they played a 4-5-1. He was always screaming for true wingers and tried to convert Kuyt and could never find a consistent left winger to play his formation properly. Meh, I'm just happy that Rodgers has them playing a very exciting offensive formation and the players are buying into it.

    I think what you should be saying is that 4-3-3 can quickly transform into 4-5-1 and vice-versa to accommodate an offensive or defensive need, depending on the opponent.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    You said natural I just ask you what natural is because the inventor of the game don't play 4-4-2 in the beginning and they don't play that now. In this game I barely see any ppl play 4-4-2 and they certainly don't win everything except July because his team is nuts. ask around, mostly there's only 1 or 2 teams per league plays 4-4-2 and not all of them leading. I agree with you it's one of the most balanced formations though.

    As for your 3-3-2-2 formation i knew some1 will recommend this because they believe the DML/DMR will block the arm/aml and DMC block his AMC. How you exploit his lack of defense with 2st against 3 DC? You going more defensive not to mention you don't even take time to look at his team before you give your 2 cents. His DMR is very weak and he only has 1 good ST.
    Normally I see 3 DC's have their hands full with 2 ST unless there is a DMC available for extra cover. Since your opponent does not have a DMC, it is a slight advantage.

    You have a choice: play offensive and risk letting in goals, or play defensive and hope for a 1-0 game. I would prefer the 1-0 game at home. But thats just me. Whatever you choose, I wish you luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast