Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: The new league draw system

Famous
    So far I notice that average qualities of the league varies from around low 4 star to low 6 star in same league level.

League draw change started since 3 seasons ago in my server. Now there are very friends in league and all teams are similar in average qualities. In my teams, all my players have similar qualities. So actually, my starters are often lower in qualities than the opponents.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    League draw change started since 3 seasons ago in my server
    Do you mean that for 3 cons. seasons you're playing in a league with similar q (avg) teams ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    After looking how the competition in the QF's of the cup and champions league are doing this...

6 of the 8 teams in the cup are level 13(including me).

Between both competitions, 6 of the remaining teams are currently 9th place or lower in their leagues. If I eliminate myself, that means half of the teams which have made late KO rounds runs, aren't even in a promotable position.

Out of curiousity, what's the breakdown in other people CL/Cup tournaments?
    Blackkiwi likes this.

Rookie
    @pcmacdaniel
    Cup is purely based on your quality at the start of the season, unless you've been in a high cup level and tanked your team? I think you can't drop a cup level.

So for me, I've been at a cup level 3 levels above me for 4 season, and I semi tanked my team last season to keep my cup level at level 13 this season. (I'm level 11). This season I had a mix of high level 12's, and a bunch of 13's with a few 14's. 5 out of 8 teams in the cup are in the top 6 (not including me), and two teams tank in the league but compete in the cup. Interesting that you have so many teams at your level in the cup when If I recall you have quite a strong team for your level?

CL for me is all sorts. Some are languishing outside the top 7, others are fighting for CL spots next season.

Either way I hate the cup
    Last edited by Blackkiwi; 06-17-2015 at 11:57 PM.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackkiwi View Post
    @pcmacdaniel
    Cup is purely based on your quality at the start of the season, unless you've been in a high cup level and tanked your team? I think you can't drop a cup level.

So for me, I've been at a cup level 3 levels above me for 4 season, and I semi tanked my team last season to keep my cup level at level 13 this season. (I'm level 11). This season I had a mix of high level 12's, and a bunch of 13's with a few 14's. 5 out of 8 teams in the cup are in the top 6 (not including me), and two teams tank in the league but compete in the cup. Interesting that you have so many teams at your level in the cup when If I recall you have quite a strong team for your level?

CL for me is all sorts. Some are languishing outside the top 7, others are fighting for CL spots next season.

Either way I hate the cup
    I fooled the cup draw. When the season began, I dropped my roster to 15 players (14 signed) and amongst them were three 1 star players. The 1* players had qualities of 42, 46 and 62 respectively.

I think it counted the not signed player towards my average quality however. If so, that deducted the Q42 player from my average quality.

Whenever I get in cup draws where I face managers levels above me, like your current one; I can never make it passed the semi-finals and I only get there when the stars align perfectly. Usually by the QTR's (if I get a fortunate draw) the managers have made the adjustments to just overwhelm me based upon quality.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-18-2015 at 12:04 AM.
    Blackkiwi likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I fooled the cup draw. When the season began, I dropped my roster to 15 players (14 signed) and amongst them were three 1 star players. The 1* players had qualities of 42, 46 and 62 respectively.
    I decided to start that last season too. I've got a 1* and two 2* players on my roster. Hopefully it'll mean next season I'm still level 13 cup

Sounds like something I should of done a long time ago!
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I do think when the system does draws it takes into account unsigned players as well as unassigned points.So you have to have minimum squad with a couple or three low star players to change your Q average. I have never done it.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Do you mean that for 3 cons. seasons you're playing in a league with similar q (avg) teams ?
    I think so. Both my teams in same server used to be grouped with several friends in same league every season. Suddenly, there were no friend in same league 3 season ago. Qualities of most of the teams became very close. In my impression, all were within range of not more than 4 quality points. Moreover, most of them were active managers. So all league matches were not easy. I checked a few friends in the same level, and noticed that qualities of their opponents were also similar.

In last 2 seasons, the situations were similar. But 1 friend with very similar qualities and strength with my L15 team are grouped with it in the same league.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 06-18-2015 at 04:19 AM.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I do think when the system does draws it takes into account unsigned players as well as unassigned points.So you have to have minimum squad with a couple or three low star players to change your Q average. I have never done it.
    So in theory you could buy 20 free agents for 1 token each, if you have the cash, and not sign them. And then when the next season rolls over you get a good cup draw? All within the 7 days of course! Because I have noted having unsigned players does affect my overall quality. A bummer about unassigned points though
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackkiwi View Post
    So in theory you could buy 20 free agents for 1 token each, if you have the cash, and not sign them. And then when the next season rolls over you get a good cup draw? All within the 7 days of course! Because I have noted having unsigned players does affect my overall quality. A bummer about unassigned points though
    The cup draw only takes in account the average quality of the 14 highest quality players.

Not signing free agents is tricky, since once the roster reaches 14 or 15 (can't remember exactly) managers are no longer allowed to auction/release players. Therefore, getting the 3* free agents quality applied for cup draw purposes, you'll actually have to sign them so you can auction/release players.

Personally, I like to sign and keep the 0T academy players for this purpose. They're young enough, that I can get extremely low Q players on my roster if I constantly promote. A 2* 18 yr old that promotes every season is a 1* 28 yr old for a manager 9 levels below your level.

Back to the league quality; I noticed a team on my friends list at my level, is facing a team that is last place in his league in the champions league Quarterfinals. This last place squad only a has a negative GD of -14 (10 Goals, 24 GA), so he isn't tanking. I think they're definitely basing league draws on quality now. It will also water down the champions league draws for next season I believe.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-18-2015 at 06:36 AM.
    Blackkiwi likes this.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast