Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: The new league draw system

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

The new league draw system

This season (67) seems that there is a league draw, a qualification for every level, according to the quality of every team.
    Being more specific, a good team is in a league with many good teams and (maybe) only few crap teams.
    In this season (lv13) for me, I have only two crap teams (of 2-3* quality) and the rest are good, 5* teams.
    I had two friends with weaker teams but wasn’t in the same league with them.
    With one of them we were together for 7 seasons. He is still a friend of mine and has no other friends in his league. His new league is much weaker.
    So, maybe quality draw is “stronger” than friendship.
    So far my leagues had 3-4 teams with low q (3*), 3-4 teams with medium q (4*) and the rest good 4-5* or very good 5* .
    Only one season I had a competitive league, where the 8th had a 5* team. I avoid making friends , strong teams and if it happened during the season, I ”un-friend” them last day.

From another point of view, we could call that
    "Leagues with managers who are spending sources and managers who don’t"

There is another thread about Cup draw,
    where the latest question is
    If players out of contract, count as team members or not.
    Unanswered yet but it seems that they ‘re counting as team players.

Some more questions now :
    1 The new comers (out of contract yet) are counting or not
    2 Is it happening in all servers and levels ? some ? Is it something which started from some servers and will spread in all ?
    3 The draw league is setting (of course we cannot see that yet) the new season (like the Cup draw) or in the beginning of the third day ?
    4 Is the program counting the top 14 players (with their un-sign sp) as the Cup or
    all the team (as we see an overview of another manager team) ?

Last season, with the purpose of a better Cup draw, I kept some lower quality players who I sold the first day of the league (bad idea, they were low quality ex-academy players and I should kept 3-4 of them). I also bought some 5* young players the first day.
    So, that’s my team before and after.

The new league draw system-team-d1-.jpg

The new league draw system-team-d1-b.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Let's see some examples
    my friend duchy has a 4-5* team.
    Those are the 4 leading positions of his league - wish I was there
    The new league draw system-league-1-duchy.jpg
    The new league draw system-league-1-teams.jpg

This is the league of RAWAY, the 4th (and the weaker) team of my CH.L. group - a 4* team
    not bad
    The new league draw system-league-2-raway.jpg
    The new league draw system-league-2-raway-teams.jpg

This is the league from another weak team of my CH.L. groups
    The new league draw system-league-3-phumiphat-teams.jpg
    The new league draw system-league-3-phumiphat.jpg

and this from another weak team of CH.L. groups -
    looks like "Liverpool" with a 2-3* team gonna be in the next CH.L. again, while the other team gonna be a Champion
    The new league draw system-league-4-liverpool-teams.jpg
    The new league draw system-league-4-liverpool.jpg

and this is the league from an old friend (also lv13) Nicolas, with Hiruma
    actually it's a slaughterhouse
    The new league draw system-league-5-hiruma.jpg
    The new league draw system-league-5-hiruma-teams.jpg

poor Hiruma is fighting with Bonanza who's gonna pass in the next level
    The new league draw system-league-5-hiruma-teams-2.jpg
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 06-12-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Some tips
    We can keep in the team our 0T academy players
    We can buy some 3* free agents
    That means we must use about 4 positions of the squad for this purpose.
    We don’t sign the contracts of our players (with the higher quality) in the new season till the new league draw (with the risk of facing/loosing in the first Cup round).
    We ‘re buying our players after the third day of the season.
    If we buy new, 5* players and we have a full team, we ‘re waiting the league draw, then sell or sack the players we don’t want and sign the contract with our new players.
    We must sell some higher q players that we don’t want, in the end of the season and not the first day.

Any ideas or examples from you leagues are welcome

While I won't rule out possible changes I'm just not seeing it.

At the draw (and IF I adjust my ave Q to omit the 3 Stooges) then my league had:

3x 82-85; 2x87-88; 4x 90-92; 3x 92-94 & 2x 96-97

[If I count my 3 Stooges then I think I'm in the 89-90 bracket and the 96 disappears).

To put it in stars thats 3x 2*; 2x 3; 7x 4* and 2x 5*......ofc now there are 2x 6* teams but now has nothing to do with the draw. BUT stars are meaningless, too broad a range.

It doesn't actually matter if the draws are done before or after the start of Day 1 - Q is the same. What matters is if the draws is done before or after players change (leave and arrive).

I'll post my leagues Qs after next Season's draw but only if we stop talking stars.

Another fr'instance, my League this season - never seen a League with such a narrow variation in AQ at start of season. 11 of them had not won anything last season, not even 7th place (ie all of them had tanked), just Palace Casuals (L2, CL2, Cup 1), Levski (L4), and Graziano (L1) had anything on the board.

The new league draw system-s23-league-teams.jpg

Now, probably the tightest league I've ever been in - the goal differences!
    EDIT: New table added, with current AQs

The new league draw system-s23-league-table-round-11-aq.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 06-12-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    Blackkiwi likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    I'm not sure either. I know personally this is the toughest league I've had, and I always start with a 5* team that becomes 6* as the league goes on. For example, from memory 12 out of 14 teams (including me) started with pretty much 5*+ teams this season, which is ridiculously strong. However I feel it still comes down to chance and position from the previous season?
    Who knows.
    These are the teams In my league
    The new league draw system-screen-shot-2015-06-13-9.01.21-am.jpg
    The new league draw system-screen-shot-2015-06-13-9.01.45-am.jpg
    The new league draw system-screen-shot-2015-06-13-9.02.05-am.jpg

And this is my league table and me, just to prove they're not random teams

The new league draw system-screen-shot-2015-06-13-9.03.55-am.jpg
    The new league draw system-screen-shot-2015-06-13-9.04.06-am.jpg

Maybe you could be on to something?
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

I've trawled through some past pics but unfortunately I don't record Q in the draw unless something prompted me to do so. Since the topic seems to cover both Q and Friends draw maybe you'll get something from them.

The summary from this is in:
    Season 11 I got the nightmare draw that some people are saying is a new phenomenom.
    Season 12 without changing anything the following season I got the **** draw that folks are saying only others get.
    Season 16 handful of good teams the rest crap.

CHANGE? - Not proven for me, imo

The Tables

Season 8 - There was a core of ptomoted teams that formed the core of a friends league for 4 seasons.

Season 11 - this was the first Season I went 'no friends' and was what some would call a "Nightmare Draw, WTF Nordeus you're stacking the deck!!!" with Tankers and Scout Market buyers.

Season 12 - this was the second 'no friends' league and it was mostly crap. NB. just because it was 'no friends' for me doesn't mean that everyone had 'no friends' Don't have Q or starting draw pic for it because I was probably too disappointed.

Season 13 - I went back to a Friends league to make it more competitive again.

Season 14 - Friends again

Season 15 - and again

Season 16 - I didn't actively add friends friendly opponents for this one and my friends dissapeared. So either (as I said at the time) I 'dropped the ball in maintaining my league' and if drifted away or "Nordeus changed it, wtf!". I favour the former

EDIT: Season 16 Table with 'Then and Now' Q Note: My Q for 15 active players is actually 101 something or 6* average (forget what I wrote before).

NB - when I make a friends league and maintain it I don't just add friends, I actively add friends I want in the league then add friends that they play friendlies with or friends that I want who were in the same leagues specifically to group teams to me which were already grouped and (through friendly 'adds') to strengthen the bond with mutual friends. It can be assumed that since I make friends leagues to produce competition that the Q is close.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-13-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Buffs Mad and Blackkiwi like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's not new to be in a very competitive league but is it occasionally or systematic ?
    This season I read many post and after a little search in my (or friends/ other managers) teams, I saw too many competitive or "crap" draws so I don't believe it's a coincidence (as I lost after 7 leagues my "friend" ).

Of course adding friends, affects the league draw, so I don't believe we can have a solid conclusion when we have those circumstances.

Hey Buff, sorry about the "stars" but I didn't have the patient to write down the quality of every team - which can be "fake" anyway, because of some free agents, academy players or lower q players who are in nego list, waiting for a good offer.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    It's not new to be in a very competitive league but is it occasionally or systematic ?
    This season I read many post and after a little search in my (or friends/ other managers) teams, I saw too many competitive or "crap" draws so I don't believe it's a coincidence (as I lost after 7 leagues my "friend" ).

Of course adding friends, affects the league draw, so I don't believe we can have a solid conclusion when we have those circumstances.

Hey Buff, sorry about the "stars" but I didn't have the patient to write down the quality of every team - which can be "fake" anyway, because of some free agents, academy players or lower q players who are in nego list, waiting for a good offer.
    Yeah I know about Q and my comment wasn't meant as a slight or a dig. But stars can be more misleading and aside from those manipulating Q (like me - which is why I give my real Q too) most subs only make up to 2Q difference).

There was actually a 'Draw has changed" discussion around the time of my Season 11 hugely competitive 'random' draw. As you will have gathered in your Forum time often how prominent an issue is on the Forum can depend on who 'it' happens too and how vocal they are rather than an actual change.

But I would never rule a change out so that's why I will continue to share and contribute. If I say I don't see it that doesn't mean its not there - and you could deduce from the fact that there was a previous discussion when I got 'that' draw that it 'proves' a change.

PS. I will ofc post my league draws next season and for the same reason I'll also do a second Cup Draw one since I have my other Team with 7 or more OOC players.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast