Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: The new league draw system

Rookie
    Here's mine. I'm getting really annoyed with these 'tanking teams'. It's stupid. If they perform crap, they should be relegated, just like in normal football. I don't see why they should be allowed to stay in their league level. But anyway
    The new league draw system-screen-shot-2015-07-01-11.15.19-am.jpg

Sorry about the poor editing. My programs don't like me.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

Maybe some rules need to be amended. The top 7 should be promoted and the bottom 7 should be relegated. So, people who have this bad habit of tanking have to either play properly and go for promotion or play badly on purpose and go 'tank' in a lower level with less revenue and so on. This will also send most of the abandoned teams down, hence improving quality and making the game more realistic; no more scores like 10-0 and above. Still, this may cause problems as they may be too strong for the opponents in the league they have relegated to.

A better option is the introduction of seeding based on quality of the starting 11 of the team. Then, the system send teams in each league so that the leagues are properly balanced.

But, for your case, given that your team won the treble in the past season, this league is fair for your team. Past performances should also count, not just the quality of the team.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-01-2015 at 06:22 AM.
    Matteo de Clemente likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackkiwi View Post
    Here's mine. I'm getting really annoyed with these 'tanking teams'. It's stupid. If they perform crap, they should be relegated, just like in normal football. I don't see why they should be allowed to stay in their league level. But anyway
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 11.15.19 am.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	48615

Sorry about the poor editing. My programs don't like me.
    Relegation can't work with the current mechanic imo. Tanking teams tank to build resources or increase Q or both to be competitive at the current level. Put them down a level and they will gain even more since their players will be, relatively speaking, 1 star better. You might then think penalise those relegated teams, well how would you differentiate between a competitive 8th placed team, a tanker, abandoned team or someone taking a break.

Think how those tanks would look using the current mechanics if they were relegated from Level 13 where they had an even higher level TM+Season's SP rather than a lvl 12 Market + season's SP.

Tanking does serve a purpose. Its not just about seeking an advantage. It maintains population too allowing those 35T players to maintain a presence rather than leaving for somewhere else.

Anyway, decided to fire up the numbers. Here's one of my alt teams draw by Q.

Top 7 teams: 30.1, 29.9, 29.5, 29.1, 28.4, 28.1 & 28.0
    Bottom 7: 25.4, 25.4, 25.2, 25.0, 24.6, 24.5, 24.4

Could just be coincidence but again I think the league is composed of 2 weighted groups.

Famous
    I'd think a weighted system were stronger leagues get more bids into the champions league would work better with this new league draw system.

Weighted can be based upon multiple criteria.

1. Previous seasons performances, spanning several seasons.
    2. Quality
    3. Previous season performance in CL and Cup.
    4. etc...

By establishing Previous season performance, it'll create less bids for leagues with several tankers. Unfortunately, under the current system with high quality promoted managers being drawn with tankers, it will punish several of these teams.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-02-2015 at 12:15 AM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Bit late to do this one on Day 5 but in following my 'League of 2 halves1' theme here's the Q for my 3rd team.

Top 7: 49.5, 48.1, 47.9, 47.3, 47.2, 47.1, 46.7
    Bottom 7: 41.4, 41.0, 39.8, 39.6, 39.4, 39.3, 38.3

So thats 3 teams where the (relatively) big gap occurs between Teams 7&8.

However, I had a quick glance up at Blackwiki's league but it doesn't fit my theme The big gap in BW's Q listing occurs between teams 6 and 7.
    Blackkiwi likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Unfortunately, under the current system with high quality promoted managers being drawn with tankers, it will punish several of these teams.
    it's not only that. So far, we had (on purpose) tankers who stayed from season to season (or not some times), to cover the handicap vs token buyers/farmers but now we 'll have many strong teams of a "premier" league, who 'll not promote to the next level, or if they see that they cannot succeed for the championship or the CH.L. and just only training or saving sources for the next (in the same lv) league.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Here's my Level 23 League this season:

The new league draw system-s24-l23-starting-aqs.jpg

There appears to be a split between the top 6 (130.7, 130.4 x4, 129.6) and the bottom 8 (128.0, 127.8, 127.6, 127.3, 126.9, 126.3, 126.0, 124.7). The four on the same AQ is an interesting and novel experience...

Having looked at them all, there are 2 League runners-up, 1 League 3rd, 2 League 4th, 2 League 6th, 3 League 7th and 4 Tank/failed to promote (FTP); 1 Champions League 2nd, 2 Champions League 3rd and 1 Cup 3rd. A sort of also-rans League, if you like...

The top 6 contains all the multiple award holders (2 League 2/CL3, 1 League 3/Cup 3, 1 League 4/CL 2) and two of the FTP teams (probably tankers).
    Last edited by talisman; 07-02-2015 at 11:02 PM.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Bit late to do this one on Day 5 but in following my 'League of 2 halves1' theme here's the Q for my 3rd team.

Top 7: 49.5, 48.1, 47.9, 47.3, 47.2, 47.1, 46.7
    Bottom 7: 41.4, 41.0, 39.8, 39.6, 39.4, 39.3, 38.3

So thats 3 teams where the (relatively) big gap occurs between Teams 7&8.

However, I had a quick glance up at Blackwiki's league but it doesn't fit my theme The big gap in BW's Q listing occurs between teams 6 and 7.
    I love the name haha. But anyway I may be able to fix that for you. I assume you didn't count my quality of 73.8, but perhaps if they just take the starting 11 into account my team is about 77/78 which would mean 7 up, 7 down. Fits then?
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

oops sorry for the blunder Blackkiwi

In thinking about these draws I just order them and look to see where there is the biggest gap in 2 neighbouring team's Qs after ranking them. The gap between all teams in your league are close but under 1 except between 6 and 7 (yours) which is 1.8 or more than double the others.

I'd suggest that this league of 2 halves is only part of the answer if at all. (It did seem to be an existing mechanic anyway as, often, at lower levels when I started, level 2 leagues were created by 7 teams from 1 league and 7 from another....so thats why I took a stab at it (and it seemed to fit for me))
    Blackkiwi likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Maybe I should change the title and rename it "The new league draw system and how to manipulate it".
    This season I 'm active only in one of my three teams (plus a participation in a lv1 league among friends).
    So this is the table with qualities of my opponents.
    The new league draw system-league-q.jpg

As you can see all the teams have about the same avg quality.
    But for me this league is just a walk in park, even playing with auto-pilot.
    This is my team :
    The new league draw system-team-d5.jpg
    -The first 9 players are from previous season. good players, young and fast trainers (but I 'm not intend to power-train).
    -The next 5 players are veterans I bought at day 3, after the new league draw.
    -Zemzem 3* player is a free agent I bought
    -The last 6 players (1*) are with the team from my lv1&2 (academy players, from q6 to q14).
    So starting with 9 5* + 6 1*, I had an easy draw at the Cup and in my league too.
    (but counts 9 5* + 5 1* =14 players ).

Those are two teams of my league.
    The new league draw system-2-best-teams.jpg

This season the only challenge for me is the CH.L. were are good teams
    so I decided to add an extra challenge, trying to go for the treble, with a 5* team and without spending extra sources.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast