Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Market value over quality?

Market value over quality?

I'm a level 1 player and I've noticed that 4-5* players worth 800k-1.1 mill tend to go out rather quickly. However when looking at lower end 3 star players worth 600-800k there is next to no bids.

Is it worth taking on the lower quality players based on their market value? I read somewhere that lower stars tend to train faster and wanted to know if this was a legitimate route to take. (I'm playing the long game, so the players I hire I will want to keep for a few seasons!)

Any advice is appreciated!

1- when you win a star, training speed is reduced, so 3* will train faster than with 5*. Usually if I remember is reduced between a 15% per star.
    What count here is not the level of stars, thats a visual information, and thats not a game of maths in what +1 of quality = a victory.
    Players are proggrammed internally with % of effectiveness and your work as manager is to test these players and decide as a real manager do.
    So a 3* player can do more for your team than a 5* or a 6*? yeah.

True is that + value = fast training, so is interesting to buy players taking a look at the value and too the age, because between 18-22 age is when they train fast.
    Next season if you promote players will loose a star, and with that will win speed in training despite the age winning, so take that into account.

Thanks khris!

Quote Originally Posted by X101 View Post
    I'm a level 1 player and I've noticed that 4-5* players worth 800k-1.1 mill tend to go out rather quickly. However when looking at lower end 3 star players worth 600-800k there is next to no bids.

Is it worth taking on the lower quality players based on their market value? I read somewhere that lower stars tend to train faster and wanted to know if this was a legitimate route to take. (I'm playing the long game, so the players I hire I will want to keep for a few seasons!)

Any advice is appreciated!
    From what I have seen so far, a player who has a high market value and who is highly rated (4-5 stars) does not guarantee that he will perform well for your team despite playing him in his best position according to his profile.

For e.g, after a key player in my team got injured, I have broke my transfer record fee and bought a 5 star 18 year old center midfield player who had a relatively very high market value and who trains quit fast. But, in 3 matches his performance was the worst when compared to other players in my team. It is as if the profile of the player is fake. I had enough of him and put him on the transfer list.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    It's not worthy to buy young, expensive 3* players. Maybe they are fast trainers but you need A LOT of greens to develop them. Even a 4* player, maybe is better but still needs a lot of sources.
    But in lv1 there are some free agents, young expensive & fast trainers. Those are worthy to buy them, train them and sell them for good money.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    It's not worthy to buy young, expensive 3* players. Maybe they are fast trainers but you need A LOT of greens to develop them. Even a 4* player, maybe is better but still needs a lot of sources.
    But in lv1 there are some free agents, young expensive & fast trainers. Those are worthy to buy them, train them and sell them for good money.
    Yes, but it depends. If the player plays well and contributes to bringing good results, he is worth it, especially if the player is about to become a 4 star (needs only one point in overall quality). What such players maybe not worth for is for the long term; when you are promoted to the next level you will want to start with a better rated player. But still, I prefer a hard working player who plays consistently well and is 3-4 stars rather than a lazy 5 star that brings mostly ratings of 5-6.

I agree though that a lot of green packs (and may be red packs) will be needed to make a 3 star fast trainer to 5+ stars, especially if the player is not on the point of becoming a 4 star. But, if he is playing frequently, getting good ratings and even some M.O.T.M, he will probably reach 5+ stars quicker and with less green packs.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-24-2015 at 04:12 PM.

I love banking fast training 3 and 4 stars late in the season. They usually sell well if you skill them properly at the start of next season. They have to be over 21 though or they lose way to much value at end of season.

if a team has an old 3* player who cannot gain anymore but still playing good, it's ok.
    But I don't see any reason why someone to buy a 3* fast trainer. If he was 4*, maybe yes (if you have a lot of greens and there is no one 5* player in TM at that time).
    A 3* or 4* or 5*, fast or slow, cheap or expensive, has the same possibilities to perform good or bad in a new team.
    so, as they say, better be wealthy and healthy ...

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    if a team has an old 3* player who cannot gain anymore but still playing good, it's ok.
    But I don't see any reason why someone to buy a 3* fast trainer. If he was 4*, maybe yes (if you have a lot of greens and there is no one 5* player in TM at that time).
    A 3* or 4* or 5*, fast or slow, cheap or expensive, has the same possibilities to perform good or bad in a new team.
    so, as they say, better be wealthy and healthy ...
    The problem is that there are many 4-5 star flops in the transfer market, fast trainer or not, expensive or not. Usually, there are bidding wars for 4-5 star players. Buying them only to find that they are flops (I call their profile fake) is big waste of tokens. You can still time your bidding and get some 4-5 star players like I do with minimum tokens spent. But still, many can turn out to be flops. For me, a 5 star rated player, fast trainer or not, providing a performance of 6-7 is not good enough, especially when you noticed that your match results were unconvincing and he was the one that had the poorest ratings among the players that played.

How about promoted academy players?
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-24-2015 at 04:55 PM.

providing a performance of 6-7 is not good enough
    for a ST, DC or winger, no - for a MC, DMC, a GK maybe it is (and the team is winning of course)
    I 'm lv13, so it's not difficult for me to find replacements for my flops
    My latest thoughts about academy players is here
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...-chris-26.html, post #253

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast