Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Drills spreadsheet

Dreamer

Drills spreadsheet

After Pavinha opened his topic (Meet all drills), I was able to finish this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ub?output=xlsx

UPDATE: spreadsheet taking into account intensity of each drill.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ub?output=xlsx

It's a spreadsheet of all drills and which specific skills they train. With this, it should be possible to construct training sessions which specifically train those areas in which you want your players to progress (defense, attack, physical or goalkeeper).

Note that it doesn't tell you anything about how 'perfect' a training session is (i.e. if it will fully fill all bars).

Column Z includes the total number of skills trained. Note for example that GK skill Punching is only trained by one drill (Wing Play). Column AA is a training session I build myself (listed here: http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post394810), looking for balance but mostly aiming towards defense and attack. Column AB lists Pavinha's 525 XP training session. It's leaning towards attack and physical, but all in all is pretty balanced.

I don't feel like I'm finished yet:
    1. As it is, it isn't easy to work with. You have to manually look through all drills and select them by adding up the appropriate columns. I'd like it to be more natural to work with, but I'm afraid that will include either using MS Access or programming, and I don't know a lot about both.
    2. I didn't take into account the Intensity of each drill. Condition loss builds up from 0.75% for very easy drills to 3.75% for very hard ones. That would mean a player would gain progress 5x quicker in a very hard drill than in a very easy one? I'd like to hear your opinions on that.
    Last edited by Duncton; 04-02-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    very good job Duncton (I 'll copy that for the Greek forum too, if you don't mind),

That would mean a player would gain progress 5x quicker in a very hard drill than in a very easy one? I'd like to hear your opinions on that.
    The logic says yes - like the old one 2 bars/3 bars training.
    My question is : a serial of
    warm up - medium - hard - hard -very hard - stretch , which is like a simulation of a real training, gives more progress (due to analogy of condition loss) ?
    FVS0777 and Arion like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Sure, you can share it.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    My question is : a serial of
    warm up - medium - hard - hard -very hard - stretch , which is like a simulation of a real training, gives more progress (due to analogy of condition loss) ?
    It depends on what progress you mean. If you mean building towards bonusses: I've indeed had the best results building my schedules like I would a real life training, with varying intensities (although the order doesn't really seem to matter).

If you mean how much progress a player gains, I assume (but can't know for sure) it's linked to condition loss. I think for any drill with the same intensity the amount of progress a player gains is the same. I don't think they would go as far as to calculate player progress based on how succesful a training session is as a whole (anyway, I can't think of a way to test it).

I've been playing around with numbers, starting with 0.2 for very easy drills and building up (0.4, 0.6, 0.8) to 1 for very hard ones. Still not totally sure if that's the right way to go about it.
    FVS0777 likes this.

I think for any drill with the same intensity the amount of progress a player gains is the same. I don't think they would go as far as to calculate player progress based on how succesful a training session is as a whole
    yea, that's what I was thinking about
    a warm up-medium-hard-hard-medium-stretch maybe gives more progress (to the players)
    than a hard-medium-hard-warm up- stretch - medium
    as it is more near to real training logic.
    but I suppose you 're right .

Rookie
    Thanx Duncton gives a much easier view on the drills. This helps to create trainingsessions pointed at developing individual skills
    Duncton likes this.

Dreamer
    Updated first post with spreadsheet taking into account intensity of each drill (0.2 to 1). Two more examples I've been playing around with: I added all drills that train only attacking and physical skills (there are nine) and all drills that train only defensive and physical skills (ten). Looks like heading is mostly trained by defensive drills that also train attacking skills and/or attacking drills. That might be something to keep in mind.

[B a player would gain progress 5x quicker in a very hard drill than in a very easy one?][/B]
    id agree 100 % with that,if trying to bulk up my % ill just use all hard but usually train in 2 gos, one defense using the zonal to pick players from GK-DMC'S then an all attack with Midfielders to Strikers making sure each time working from very easy-v hard with each one
    Duncton likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Power View Post
    [B a player would gain progress 5x quicker in a very hard drill than in a very easy one?][/B]
    id agree 100 % with that,if trying to bulk up my % ill just use all hard but usually train in 2 gos, one defense using the zonal to pick players from GK-DMC'S then an all attack with Midfielders to Strikers making sure each time working from very easy-v hard with each one
    The drill sheet shows the drills and the points for skill. So it will be easier to set the drill for the players you select. If you have 4 players and you want to train their heading skill you give them the drill wing play and defend cross. They give the most value in a heading training session.

Keep in mind that not all the players gain skill ( IN %) after one training.

Dreamer
    This is what I'm using at the moment. It doesn't fully fill all bars, maybe I should switch some drills. But I finally found balance (except for GK, but who needs those anyway ).

Drills spreadsheet-drill1.jpg
    Drills spreadsheet-bars.jpg

Drills spreadsheet-balance.jpg

The thing is that in Defense drills, I have "Piggy in the middle" in lv3 - 3 whistles , while in "Video Analysis" I have only two.
    So I think that gives some disadvantage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast