Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: A true beginners guide for ambitious players!

Dreamer
    Thanks a lot guys! This place is the best!

keep up the good work頎巾笂
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    now, this last day of the season you must keep records
    - league last day table
    - top 5 rated
    - CH.L. groups
    - CH.L. KO games
    - CH.L. final (game images)
    - Cup KO games
    - Cup final (game images)

Financial
    history of season
    your best player, scorer stats

team last day
    players with the form stats
    players with contracts table
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    螝伪位蠋蟼 萎蟻胃伪蟿蔚 蟽蟿慰 螘位位畏谓喂魏蠈 蠁蠈蟻慰蠀渭
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    WEEKLY UPDATE 2

Hi guys!

Made a bit of a mistake thinking the new season would start tomorrow and not today so I wasn't able to dump as many pictures I would have wanted too (thanks for the heads-up though Niko).

The season ended on a high note though after the HFF team -- which was dead last when I took over it after 12 games -- took over the lead of its division after winning against the previous leader in the final game. This resulted in both accounts being victorious in their divisions.

The Al FC had a real heart-beaker in the Cup. This account had developed really well and had an avg of 107 per cent, but we faced a tough Russian opponent from div 2 that was a few percent stronger. We tied him in the first leg 2-2. In the second leg I thought I had a plan to expose his DL-DC-DR defensive line, but my star striker Ivkovic was hurt after 3 minutes and I had to make due with a defensive roster and he took the lead 2-0. In the 87' minute his DC was however sent off and we could make it 2-1 on the ensuing PS and 2-2 just the minute later. Going into over time I thought I would win it right away since he didn't have a DC and played only with a DL and DR. No matter how hard I pressed forward I could however not score despite several chances and we lost quite clearly on the PS. Was a real good shot at winning the double that was lost. This is a screen dump from today:

A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-16-dump-b-da-lagen-f-rsta-dagen-s-song-2.jpg

The value of both teams developed really well. I had goood pictures from the Al FC account, this paint-job showis the development from 11 July to 23 July (yesterday):
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-17-paintjobb-visar-v-rdeutveckling-i-al-fc.jpg

The first player we bought with Tokens, the right wing-back Gomis, isn't showing but he ended up as a 7 star player too, and the Al FC team was almost too dominant at the end of the season...

After getting hooked up at these forums we found a tremendous association (Manchester United SKG) for both our accounts with great members that are really fun to play together with. I really recommend those not being in an active association to shop hard for one, it really improves the experience of the game!

The main guide is a work in progress but a first version of it is now launched in post 1. It took a lot more time than I expected but I hope it is of some help to new players! I will add new info and rewrite it a bit when I get more time. Right now I am preparing to deal with all new issues for a season 2 player in a separate post that I will try to make during this week. There is a lot of new stuff for a beginner going into the frist new season. I had saved up a lot of tokens and money with the HFF account and could jump on a 99% 18 y/o striker that was on the market really early this morning. Al FC need at least 2 new players, a DL and a DC. But, I am not sure if the current time is best for to go bargain hunting in the market. I will cover all these issues in my next post!

And thanks everyone for your very kind replies, likes and PMs, this place/community is the best!
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 07-24-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    Bunzo and Niddhoeggr like this.

Dreamer
    GUIDE LEVEL 2 -- A NEW SEASON

Introduction

Hi guys! In this guide I will cover all aspects and issues that I've recognized that arise when your team is promoted one division.

What is new?

-Champions league

-Your first new Cup-draw

-Changes to your players -- the loss [sic] of a star, loss of value etc.

-Contract re-negotiations

-Better players on the transfermarket

-New financial and token-ary conditions

Champions league
    The CL is a very fun feature. Its a regular 4 team group like in the real think and you play a game every other day, so it definitely gives you more action in season 2. The competition for me at least has been weak at the ground stage, no team over 60%. A 120k win-bonus is also helpful.

With more games, its useful to have a bit better bench in the 2nd season -- if -- you play with an association. You will have 4 games per day on Saturdays and Sundays, and even if the 2 association games will not take conditioning off your players (your players condition remains the same after an association game), you will want your players rested for those games and that can be tricky unless you have a few reserves to use in easy league/cup games those days.

Your first new Cup-draw

The Cup draw is obviously a bit of an issue that needs to be recognized as a fresh player in this game. I've seen a lot of talk about it at these forums, so now when I experienced my first real draw my self I noticed what the talk was about. My better account Al FC, basically only faces level 4 players. Even if I think it has a chance to win the Cup, its a really strong account, it of course will not be easy. If one opponent shapes up and gets his team in order he will have 2 free-bee stars on me. My other account that is a bit weaker got mostly lvl 3 players.

Anyway, so what is this draw about? As I have understand it (and I might base this on old info), the Cup draw is based on a team's best 14 players. If someone keeps like his 4-5 best players late one season and sells the rest while picking up 1-2 star players, that player will get a easy draw while having a huge budget to build a strong team early the next season.

You can read more about it in this thread:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...up-draw-2.html

Changes to your players -- the loss [sic] of a star, loss of value etc.

The star and percentage ranking in TE is based on a players ability in relation to a target value per division. In Div 1 that target value is 25. So a player that has the avg. ability of 25 will have 6 stars and 100% in ability. In Div 2, that target value is raised to 30. So your 6 star "100%" will drop to 5 stars and 25/30 percent. So a player actually does not loose any ability from one year to the other (unless he is old), but relative to the avg of your new division his ratings will drop.

Since all players get older, they also loose value in TE. The value loss was a bit more substantial than I imagined. The value of my most expensive player, Khalid Kannibalouz, dropped from app. 4.24m to 3.42m over night when he went from being 18 to 19 y/o. I haven't spent time mapping how much each players looses in value from one year to the other and to what extent this differs between age groups, but the one conclusion I draw is that its better to sell a player late in a season instead of early in the upcoming season. If you have that choice.

Contract re-negotiations

In short, this is a non-issue in the game. I spent some time in my first season locking up my best players that had short contracts. But there is no need to do that even before the season ends if a players contract runs out. You get a number of days to resign any player without a contract in the new season even if his new contract has run out.

Better players on the transfer-market
    It seems like you at any level will be able to find 18 y/o players with a 5 star 99% ability. IE, for every level you go up you will be able to find players that are a star better on the transfer market. The 99% 18 y/os at lvl 1 was worth around 2.7m, at lvl 2 they go north of 4.2m:

This is a dump from 5.45 AM of Day 1 of the new season:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-18-dump-transfer-day-1.jpg

I have slept a little longer since then, but the transfer market has significantly cooled down, and most of the time it looks more or less like this:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-19-dump-transfer.jpg

My recommendations are hence:
    - Have at least 5m in capital at hand early on in Season 2. If its worth it is up to you to decide, but you will find gems if you go up early Day 1 of a season. These 99% 18 y/o are definitely worth getting. They can easily be trained to 7-8 stars in their first season.

-Jump on a young player that is good, north of 3.3m maybe if you are looking for one, you won't get many chances. I've seen two 18 y/o 99% players so far, and I check the transfer market a lot. Albeit not that early the last week.

New financial and "token-ary" conditions

I've read that in later divisions having money at hand is not a problem, only token limits players. At lvl 2, money still seem to limit a lot of players. It is important to manage your value by training young players, selling them for a good profit at the right time (6-10 PM European time), and getting cheaper vets to fill out your roster.

Also, I said this in the original guide, do not neglect to farm tokens!! I think many ambitious players are neglecting that a bit. Spend 15 minutes a day on token offers. I know, it sucks. You will not get all tokens you are entitled too. A bit too often a token offer takes 10 minutes of your time before you end up at a dead end and your time was wasted etc. BUT, getting 3-4 extra tokens per day is just very valuable. That is 35 tokens (from the game) and 90-120 tokens per season from offers. Those tokens affords you to win most auction battles, the recommended scout players, players from youth academy and so forth. If you put in those 15 minutes per day, I definitely think you will be very dominant your first 3-4 seasons at least.

As usual, any input, questions, comments etc is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 08-01-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Money is an issue in the first levels.
    As I said, an easy way to make money from token, is to buy the recommended (expensive) player.
    Here is one I bought for my team at lv1

A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-new-d4-amc-mc-recom-17t.jpg

good player, unique positions and 1/3 of the token the bank want

Another interesting thing is the win bonus.
    First I don't suggest to put the max lv. The first lv can do the job, to gives you an advantage.
    Also some interesting questions about the bonus, you can find here
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...questions.html
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Money is an issue in the first levels.
    As I said, an easy way to make money from token, is to buy the recommended (expensive) player.
    Here is one I bought for my team at lv1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new d4 AMC-MC recom  17T.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	70153

good player, unique positions and 1/3 of the token the bank want

Another interesting thing is the win bonus.
    First I don't suggest to put the max lv. The first lv can do the job, to gives you an advantage.
    Also some interesting questions about the bonus, you can find here
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...questions.html
    Thanks so much Niko for taking your time and as always providing great insight!

I am going to try an approach in training where I train all young players hard the first week of the season. This week the Cup games and CL games seem to be fairly easy, so it is not essential to have your team peaking. This will bring along all fast trainers fairly good and get them well into scout territory.

After that, I will take each young player to 7 stars one by one and just give the other young players the necessary training to keep them from hitting the 99% roof and maybe a session or two to keep my bonuses at 10%, but still not as hard so that I have to use any or at least not many rest packs on them. With this approach, all young players should also get at least 3.4 days of rest from the heavy training. After I get all kids to 7, I will probably work at everyone again for a few days, before I start taking each kid separately to 8 stars. One advantage with this approach is that it also is a bit satisfactory, when using all rest packs on one kid you can really notice the progress, it goes really fast to go from 110% to 120% if you only focus on one kid at the time.It definitely feels grate seeing those red stars start pilling up on your roster!
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 08-01-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Dreamer
    Niko I don't know if this is interesting or not, but I found this oddity the first day of the season. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I am sharing it because sometimes these strange things can tell you something about the game. In this instance, I just don't know what that is yet lol.

My two accounts have always been on the same transfer server (are there more than one?). So is the case this season too. But check out these two transfer screen dumps from around 5.45 CET:

HFF ACCOUNT APP 6 AM Day 1:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-18-dump-transfer-day-1.jpg

Al FC ACCOUNT APP 6 AM AM Day 1:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-img_2801.jpg

The Al FC account was in principle capped [sic?] at getting 3 star players. The HFF account saw all 5 and lower stars, while the Al FC account only saw the 3 stars and lower players. I restarted it, etc, but it stayed that way for maybe 3-4 hours. Odd!

Just for the avoidance of any misunderstandings, both screen dumps are from the top of each transfer lists. Ie. they are not scrolled down!
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 08-01-2016 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    Niko I don't know if this is interesting or not, but I found this oddity the first day of the season. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I am sharing it because sometimes these strange things can tell you something about the game. In this instance, I just don't know what that is yet lol.

My two accounts have always been on the same transfer server (are there more than one?). So is the case this season too. But check out these two transfer screen dumps from around 5.45 CET:

HFF ACCOUNT APP 6 AM Day 1:

Name:	18 dump transfer day 1.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	70160

Al FC ACCOUNT APP 6 AM AM Day 1:

Name:	IMG_2801.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	70161

The Al FC account was in principle capped [sic?] at getting 3 star players. The HFF account saw all 5 and lower stars, while the Al FC account only saw the 3 stars and lower players. I restarted it, etc, but it stayed that way for maybe 3-4 hours. Odd!

Just for the avoidance of any misunderstandings, both screen dumps are from the top of each transfer lists. Ie. they are not scrolled down!
    See this thread: http://forum.topeleven.com/bugs-tech...ssapeared.html .
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

yes, there are different transfer market lists.
    Usually the very first time you 're opening the server for the new season, it's all the good stuff.
    As I said in my mini-guide, I bid or set the players I want in my favorite list because if I log out, the list can changed.
    Something similar happened to you but using your two accounts.
    It's some kind of caprice of the game - lol
    It's nt a bug or anything in purpose.
    Actually I doubt if the devs know exactly how it works or they can "control" it.
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast