Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: A true beginners guide for ambitious players!

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    What does it mean BLANDAT and BLANDADE ?
    What's the difference between NORMAL and NORMALA ? lol
    Ok, I saw your game today and supported HFF to have more agony for the tittle

Another interest subject is your next finals in CH.L. .
    - One important thing is to check how you can protect your players who have a yellow card so to be available for the final.
    - Check the stats of your players. If you have two players almost equal for a starting position, check who performing better in CH.L.
    - Check your oppo games so far. There are many and some of them are tough games, so that can give you some clues.
    - Check the schedule of your team the next days. maybe guess what time 'll be the final.

I had some thoughts about that
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...final-cup.html
    and made a suggestion too
    http://forum.topeleven.com/suggestio...me-finals.html

In that game, remember to have at least the lv1 (the cheap) victory bonus.
    also it's worthy to give a double blue booster to have full morale in some/many players.
    If you have many fb friends, remember to make a post in your fb, to remind them about your final.

Good luck
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    What does it mean BLANDAT and BLANDADE ?
    What's the difference between NORMAL and NORMALA ? lol
    Ok, I saw your game today and supported HFF to have more agony for the tittle

Another interest subject is your next finals in CH.L. .
    - One important thing is to check how you can protect your players who have a yellow card so to be available for the final.
    - Check the stats of your players. If you have two players almost equal for a starting position, check who performing better in CH.L.
    - Check your oppo games so far. There are many and some of them are tough games, so that can give you some clues.
    - Check the schedule of your team the next days. maybe guess what time 'll be the final.

I had some thoughts about that
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...final-cup.html
    and made a suggestion too
    http://forum.topeleven.com/suggestio...me-finals.html

In that game, remember to have at least the lv1 (the cheap) victory bonus.
    also it's worthy to give a double blue booster to have full morale in some/many players.
    If you have many fb friends, remember to make a post in your fb, to remind them about your final.

Good luck
    it means mixed-mixed-normal
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Dreamer
    Haha, thanks so much guys, completely forgot that it was in Swedish.

Blandat=Mixed
    Låg=Low

Niko- Great! Thanks, these will be my first finals, a lot to think about. I am going to have to rewrite the game playing section of the guide completely. My impression is that what you and Khris thaught me -- about not playing 2 games + power-training/d (1 of each or 2 games and no P-T works if I understood you right) -- has a huge impact. Some players that I have worked too hard previously have played a lot better when they get regular rest.

BTW, haha there were tears after Al (my son) beating HFF (my daughter) in the league... But HFF has a bit of a better future I think, so I think she will get her revenge down the road. (but I am definitely "de-friending" the accounts before next season)
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 08-17-2016 at 07:49 AM.
    Nick Lizas likes this.

(but I am definitely "de-friending" the accounts before next season)
    yea, better do that as in TE you cannot "fix" a result. I mean to set two teams so they have a draw or a classic 0-0.
    the only thing you can do is to set an abnormal formation for loosing a game (and this isn't so secure some times).

So, a tip.
    No fix result on purpose (the game has it's personality , haha).
    Not a Sweden - Denmark draw

Another tip for your finals.
    With your 2nd account - team , watch (and support) from pc/ lap-top and the old version (topeleven,com/play-old ) because there you can have a better view of the game, with the stats, the formations and the rates of the players all the time.
    Also you can notice if oppo manager started watching the game (after the beginning) or maybe switch his formation during the game.
    Also you can go back in the comments.
    Much better coaching.

With the new, you enjoy more the game and have the option to click the extra bonus button (but I don't know how much useful it is).

Good luck
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Dreamer
    WEEKLY UPDATE 6 -- SEASON FINALE: "I DREAM OF JEANNIE CUSAMANO"

In the legendary season finale of the second season of The Sopranos, the best series of all times, a lot of things work out for Tony. I could think of no better episode title to give this weekly update, covering the last week of season 2 for my twin accounts!

The Treble! Poker! Four of a kind!

In its second season, Al FC won everything that can be won:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-42-weekly-6-al-fc-poker.jpg

This is an account that performed very very well all season and that has developed very well in terms of ability. Still, I was very proud to win the Cup. Finishing season 1 with a very strong team, Al FC participated in Lvl 5 of the Cup drawing very strong opponents 1-2 lvls higher from more or less Day 1. On the other side of the tree in the Semi-finals I had a monster opponent lined up that was closer to 140%, but that club was upset by a more human opponent and in the Finals Al FC could climb to the top.

Association Success

Participating in the FA is by far the most exciting part of the game for my two accounts. Every weekend we have been lined up against tough and very active opponents as a 6 star association, and it hasn't hurt that we have been very victorious with 3 wins and 1 tie during the month. The result is that we finished the season with 428 pts, which put us well into territory to not only be promoted one step, but two steps. That was however not possible, but even after the 20% loss of pts after the seasons end our association has already secured promotion to the next division, Bronze 1, before the current season has evens started:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-43-weekly-5-fa.jpg

True Grit -- The Little Sister

The HFF account, belonging to my daughter was created some two weeks after Al FC and has since stood a bit of the limelight of that account. This season was no different with HFF recording the only 2 losses of the League against Al FC and loosing the final of the CL against Al FC. HFF could however win its Cup (a bit easier with HFF competing in lvl 4 of the Cup). HFF had an easy ride in the Cup all the way to the final when its faced a very tough opponent one lvl higher than her. With the game at 1-1 after 90 minutes the game went to over time. With great excitement Zapegol made it 2-1 in the 112' minute and HFF could walk away with its first Cup Trophy.
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-44-weekly-5-hff.png

Even if HFF does not have the record of Al FC, it is a very exciting account for the future with several very promising young players. Can she challenge for the treble next season? I have de-friended Al FC really hopes that they end up in different competitions this season.

The 8 star race

A lot of young kids really popped for my two accounts during the last week of the season. We have previously touched upon the issue if my 18 y/os for HFF would get to 8 stars, and they did. This is how it looked at the end of the season:

A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-45-weekly-5-hff-end-season-ability.jpg

Both Zapegol and Cesare reached 8 stars.

HFF's franchise player, Nuno Candeais also developed really well. I picked him up as a very cheap 18 y/o, being only high 3 stars. For 900k and with a salary of 3k per NC had a great development factor of 300 using the famous Niko's Formula (see the link in post 1), and boy has this kid developed. About mid/late season 1, I started thinking about replacing NC. I had only been able to push him to just over 6 stars that year since I carried so many kids, and he was about to turn 19 and more attracting kids could be expected to be on the market and this position is very crucial for HFF. But NC just took it and ran with it during Season 2. Becoming MOTM 28 times helped, and he finished the season with 7 stars after some late season power training. But, also look at this kid's offensive abilities -- 173% is spectacular and 23% more than my super star attacker Zapegol. And it shows when you play with him, he is just lethal with the ball. 82 goals and 27 helpers in 47 games shows for it (in season 1 he only had 22 goals). Wow!

During the year I have played two DMCs hard for HFF. One of them was a 19 y/o, Englishmen Gary Butcher and the Uruguayan Umberto Solito. Solito had the Play-Maker Special Ability. I am still not getting a grip of the SAs completely, and I am considering to start writing a guide about them to get better understanding. I did however note -- just now when looking at the stats -- that Solito with Play-Making as SA finished the season with ONE assist in 45 games and Butcher, without that SA, got 20 assist on the year. Coincidence? Butcher started at 5 stars and ended just over 7 while Solito was a vet I picked up at 99% that ended with maybe 105%. But still....

Comment

What a great and fun season this have been! I love this game as much as ever! My kids love it too, and we are truly looking forward to Season 3, a new division with my association and all the new adventures ahead of us.

I have a bit of a log-jam on the work front. The guide in Post 1 need a big over-haul, especially when it comes to game play where I have learned a lot playing this game a ton the last months. This last season I have recorded most of HFFs games and analysed them, and I am starting to figure some things out. The guide for specifically for Season 2 also need to be updated, I haven't touched that since early season 2. I am also preparing a special guide for Season 3. I hope to be able to finish this during the coming week! Good luck everyone! And as always, please, if you have any questions or input or whatever, do not hesitate to post in this thread!
    madflo19 likes this.

Another good surprise for you.
    You won that contest
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...50-tokens.html

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Another good surprise for you.
    You won that contest
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...50-tokens.html
    Thanks so much guys, I am honored! Al FC was running low on tokens so it was much needed!
    LeManiaque likes this.

Dreamer
    GUIDE LEVEL 3

Introduction

Hi guys! In this guide I will cover all aspects and issues that I've recognized that arise when your team is promoted to the level 3 in the game.

What is new?

The only direct news in level 3 is that you are given more options when negotiating TV- and sponsor rights.

With that said, the conditions on the transfer market and in the competitions change rapidly from level to level early in the games.

Transfer-market

Since the best 18 y/o, 99%, fast trainers went for 2.7m in season 1 and for 4.3m in season 2 I expected the top guys in season 3 to go for at least 6.5m per head. But the top guys in season 3 only has a market value around 5.2m. This can be important to know when you prepare a budget for this season, I sold off a little too many guys to afford the number of fast trainers I wanted.

The Competitions

For my teams, the league and CL provides very easy opponents. I was checking the CL groups a week into the season, and there are a few unbeaten group leaders (4 games in) that have an avg. of sub 40%. The Cup has been fairly tough though.

I didn't tank my Cup draw, but before seasons end I sold off players so that each of my teams only kept the top 11 players and the best/most useful sub I had. That way two of my "scapegoats" (players basically only used to get practice points and bonuses, ie subs that never or very rarely get to play and that I don't spend much attention on), counted in the Cup draw. This might have helped me.
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 08-30-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Dreamer
    WEEKLY UPDATE 7
    -SIGNINGS
    -OH NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE? THE SHOCK, THERAPY, PTSD, THE ROAD BACK TO A NORMAL LIFE
    -THE LEGENDS OF THE FALL II?
    -AL FC, AKA THE LOOSER?

Hi guys! Its Monday, 30 August 2016, the year of the Pig in China, and I am back in front of my computer writing this weekly update while riding the train home from work in Stockholm, Sweden. The past week has been wonderful, horrific, joyous, terrifying. Just beautiful, yes the life of a TE manager in a nutshell. Lets dive head first into this weeks exciting topics!

Signings

I sat the alarm at 5.30 AM on Sunday, the first day of the season. It woke my wife up first, and my smallest kid, this might be the straw that breaks the camel's back (isn't it normal that it takes 10 minutes to wake up at 5:40 on a Sunday morning?), I am not sure how to interpret her shaking head and condemning looks at me. Anyway, I found what I was looking for when I got the devices up and running right after the coffee had been brewed. Three fast trainers:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-46-weekly-7-fast-trainers.jpg

I also looked for a ML for Al FC and a GK for HFF, but couldn't find any and actually still haven't found any fast trainers for those positions despite getting up early most days. These guys I got though has developed very well since I got them, definitely fast trainers.

Oh no, what have I done? The shock, therapy, PTSD, the road back to a normal life

I have had great success in bidding wars with both my accounts, always getting the player I wanted and very rarely spending more then a few tokens to get them. I have followed the strategy described in the OP of this thread to the dot, and I think it has worked very well.

Before this season, HFF had only signed one player recommended by my Scout, and besides few tokens lost to signings and moving games, saved up all other tokens. The result was that it was sitting on 150+ tokens and a big amount on the bank.

I really needed a veteran MC fill-out for HFF. But day after day passed of the new season without I being able to find one. Then, just before the first association tournament was about to start, one popped up. Nothing special, MC, Play-Maker, I think 98% in ability, 27 y/o. Bidding started, 5 guys quickly dropped to 3 and then 2. I had made the first bid early. Then countered people instantly. I had also made the first bid every round. I had more cash than any other player. This was my guy, I was there first and wasn't about to give up. Bid after bid was made. I realized I wasn't going to be able to pick up my kids from school in time. And the bidding continued, and continued, and continued. I realized I was going to be almost 30 minutes late picking up the kids (no biggie, they are at day-care playing with their friends after school so it was not like they were left alone somewhere). But the bidding just continued.

All of a sudden I stood there, round 51, like 53 tokens and 3.5m poorer...

A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-47-week-7-bidwar.jpg

At least I got the stubborn award:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-48-weekly-7-stubborn.jpg

So what should I have done? Its not that easy. Was this player worth what he cost me? No, hands down, no. OTOH, if I get to round 25, is it worth it to pay 25 more tokens and 1.5m to get him as opposed to wasting the first 25 tokens? Maybe, maybe not. What if I have a rule to never go higher than 15 tokens? Well, then you loose all players that you would get for 20 but not 15. These things are not easy. But, its not fun to loose those tokens. Playing with my small kids I don't put money into games on a regular basis, with these two accounts I bought 100 tokens each very early (and I made the Ladbroker offer for Al FC, and that money went into the arena), so it kind of suck to loose all those tokens. Hard to recapture.

This season, of HFFs 150 tokens, I bought a scout player for 69 tokens (from the long list). I want to go for the treble with HFF this year and finding a good AML has been very hard for me, I only got ST/AMC/AMR from me scout recommended list, and I had the tokens so why not spend them. That left me with 80. Of those 80, I used maybe 15 to get my fast trainers and a few fill out players. Then 50 was lost in the bidding war which left me with around 15 tokens left. And of my 6m, only 2.5m was left. I quickly farmed hard for tokens, making three consecutive long surveys for about 10 tokens each. I could then buy a kid from my youth academy for 19 tokens and sell him for 3m. With price money and that money, and some token farming, HFF is back on track now.

The Legends of the Fall

Last year we followed the route to 8 stars, Super-Star level. This season comes the quest to get a player to 9 stars -- the Legendary Level.

I definitely have one candidate, Argentine striker Ariel Zapegol for HFF:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-49-weekly-7-ariel-zapegol.jpg

I just realize that his offensive ability is at 160% which is said to be "max", I have not thought about it before, is his ability capped at that level? I will have to ask Niko, Nash, Khris and the other gurus about that one.

I am not sure if I will push him to 9 stars directly or give him a Special Ability. He really isn't performing extremely well, even while he has OK production. Getting a SA might help that and maybe push back any internal programming.

Al FC, AKA "The Looser"?

I have been so proud of Al FC; he has performed really really well. Winning the treble but also boosting a sick record against players a little worse or better than him in FA games.

Now he is however the highest ranked player in my Association, and it is starting to show at the bottom line... Two tournaments ago he faced this guy:
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!-fuskare.jpg

I actually snatched a win against that guy in the 2nd leg after loosing the first (our association made a magical comeback coming back from being down 13-4 away in the first round winning it 19-16).

Then in the final of the last tournament I faced a player in the 130-140% range. Lost both games, but only 1-0 and 2-0 which ended up not making a difference but it could have since we where a tie away from having the final decided by tie-breakers.

Being the highest ranked player in my Association that is a bit into 6 star territory, and have a very evenly ranked roster among the members, it seems like Al FC has to be prepared to face some real monsters on a regular basis. I have won 2 of maybe 8 games while being down 25-40%. In one HFF owned possession, had almost a 10% possession bonus and I played a short passing through the middle style against a 150% team with only 2 MCs. This gave me a 70% possession and HFF could win 4-3, after scoring 2 goals on FKs (which I no doubt got thanks to my possession, high possesssion against a team with hard tackling always gives you a ton of FKs), and another one with Al FC against the opponent above were I could get the edge against him with my 3 MCs and 3 DCs and some luck.

It will be interesting to see how I can perform against these monster opponents. At one point all was like 18-2-1 in Association games, that record won't stand though...
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 08-30-2016 at 03:58 PM.
    Duncton and nikolgiorgos like this.

How are the ratings on your Striker Zapegol League ,CL & cup ?
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast