Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to play Guardiola style?

Addicted

How to play Guardiola style?

In this forum 4-5-1v is described as counter attack formation. But how to play with it as Guardiola style of play? I mean possession football. Because whenever i try it, i struggle.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    i tried that but doesn't work.
    two days ago, in a game I had short passing, my ST who was in font of the GK, sent the ball with a short pass next to another team mate who had an oppo def. marking him so he lost it.
    Not enough AI from the game's engine

* But if you observe, the game has a preset scenario of tiki-taka.
    Starting with short passing from your def.area and finishing with a goal after quick moves.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    So how should it looks like? short passes with flanks, high press? If you say from def area, than defensive mentality?
    Is here any difference if you play wingers wide or narrow, striker false 9?

no, that;s just a random scenario you might see in a game.
    Doesn't has to do with orders.
    I usually playing (or starting) def/counters/flanks/mixed pass
    but in that preset scene the players playing that tiki-taka usually from the middle, Barca style.

I would say (but not sure) the frequency of that is one in 5-6 games.

Addicted
    You playing counter attack style. But i want to know how to play possession style(what orders should be). Or when counter attacks dont work, how you can play with this formation differently.

I also use it with attacking/ no counters/high pressing
    but avoid short passing.
    Still doesn't work like Barca style.

..maybe the most similar way to obtain a Guardiola style is a conservative system -so play defensive- and don't forget the possession training bonus x4 times ...then, read the match scenario if you attend matters to know where to focus passing... but then this happen, a scenario is chosen, and maybe your team play more fluid, not in defensive mentality but in normal one, or maybe, even in very defensive...
    And at the end one can have an idea of how to play but what matter is to have the possession bar control... and there's not a "specific group of orders" to guarantee this control before the match...

here I want to add that we have two different things
    one is the "pack" of orders we give and the other one is what we see in the field.
    What we see in the field, during gameplay, many times is totally different from our orders.
    That's because the game has preset scenarios and trying to simulate the game (but as i said, the AI is not clever enough).
    For example we see our super ST in front of the GK and instead of shooting, he gives the ball back to another team mate.
    That doesn't means he actually do that.
    This is because the game mechanics measured all the parameters (adding the luck factor) and decided that my ST will fail in this action.

Another example, my team is attacking from the right wing and I have another player, all alone running from the left side.
    The football genius of Messi, Xavi or Iniesta would see that player and give him the assist.
    but not in the TE game .
    There isn't such a (visual) scenario.
    Don't know, haven't seen that yet.

Addicted
    Well , i cant read game scenario. I just put orders in the way how successful was match versus the same formation in previous games. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's just a disaster. Anyway maybe there are player problems because last two seasons weren't so great.
    So if visual game play doesnt represent actual game play so what should i believe ? How should i choose correct orders?
    What is so special about that possession bar?

Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    Well , i cant read game scenario. I just put orders in the way how successful was match versus the same formation in previous games. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's just a disaster. Anyway maybe there are player problems because last two seasons weren't so great.
    So if visual game play doesnt represent actual game play so what should i believe ? How should i choose correct orders?
    What is so special about that possession bar?
    Yeah, you can read it, but you have to understand whats a "match scenario" when we talk of it, and how to determine if it's basically in your favour or against you.
    Basically "have the control of the scenario" is when the game is fluid for your team, usually -90% times except rare cases- the possession bar is in your favour, live animations "are with you".

What can you do if you feel that the game don't plays in your favour? first of all determine where are the decisive players in the acual match, if you for example lose the ball continously attacking from right side, switch to left, if long passing means losing balls, change to short even if these long passings come from the "mixed passing" option.

Change the pressure line too is a way to control the possession bar... very defensive don't means that you only defend, you basically will start your attacks from your own area, defensive from near midfield, "normal" is the way to have a wide field, with most distance between the defensive line and the attacking and tend to work when the oppo have few players in midfield... etc
    Offside moves the defense one step im front, so maybe you can control the match having the players more next to the area.

"All what you have to try is to have the match control".
    If a player fail too often or do not appear in the simulation sub him near the minute 50' or so. Too one should take care of aggressive players as these can complicate the match.

So yes, you can read the scenario, looking the bar possesion, the animations, who fail, were, how(long pass' often- who is a disaster and have a bad impact today etc, and be anticipated to the next actions ex- a player will be aggresive and have double yellow but u sub him- or, from right side you'll lose but your aml will score the 1-0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast