Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What about ... youth players?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Wow. You managed to get all these from the youth academy? Nice!
    You really tried them all. From manipulator fc to youth fc haha
    Am inspired, it looks fun to try for a 2nd account
    Haha, I eventually sold some of them. It's almost impossible to build a competitive team out of only youth players. While the ones you pay for can be in your starting lineup for a few seasons without investing greens (if you don't mind having a low overall rating like 3-4 star) the free ones are just to bad and it's pointless. Especially because I decided to keep this team in a Gold I association to farm some tokens and I just can't be a 30% team there.

It would be funny and cool if we could build a squad consisting of only youth players with the new update now. And also if all of them were from one nationality (or you could set it up like this)
    Sillybq likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Haha, I eventually sold some of them. It's almost impossible to build a competitive team out of only youth players. While the ones you pay for can be in your starting lineup for a few seasons without investing greens (if you don't mind having a low overall rating like 3-4 star) the free ones are just to bad and it's pointless. Especially because I decided to keep this team in a Gold I association to farm some tokens and I just can't be a 30% team there.

It would be funny and cool if we could build a squad consisting of only youth players with the new update now. And also if all of them were from one nationality (or you could set it up like this)
    I really do wanna do that! But it really depends on cost. I don't know why but I get the feeling the new youth system will be costly and we might no longer get a free youth. Since I won't be gunning for titles for 2nd account. I was hoping the youth squad can at least fight for promotion with minimal commitment. 4 a season is a pretty good number to slowly build a team!
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I really do wanna do that! But it really depends on cost. I don't know why but I get the feeling the new youth system will be costly and we might no longer get a free youth. Since I won't be gunning for titles for 2nd account. I was hoping the youth squad can at least fight for promotion with minimal commitment. 4 a season is a pretty good number to slowly build a team!
    4 a season is more than enough if everyone of them is a fast trainer and fits a position you need. They said you can influence positions (a bit). A normal player, on my account where I farm rests and train, lasts at least 5 seasons, if not 6 or sometimes 7. So even 2 players would be enough if they fit positions.
    Also I don't mind spending a few token here and there to get good young players. You get plenty in from assos and other stuff and at the end it's just about finding fast trainers. I'm a bit scared of this though, because I can't detect them via market value in my high level, as all are about the same. Right now I buy 18 yo players in auctions and test them if they are FTs with training a special ability... Hopefully we can do something similar with youth players.
    Sillybq likes this.

Apprentice
    4 a season is more than enough if everyone of them is a fast trainer and fits a position you need. They said you can influence positions (a bit). A normal player, on my account where I farm rests and train, lasts at least 5 seasons, if not 6 or sometimes 7. So even 2 players would be enough if they fit positions.
    Also I don't mind spending a few token here and there to get good young players. You get plenty in from assos and other stuff and at the end it's just about finding fast trainers. I'm a bit scared of this though, because I can't detect them via market value in my high level, as all are about the same. Right now I buy 18 yo players in auctions and test them if they are FTs with training a special ability... Hopefully we can do something similar with youth players.
    I think it will be more or less like now that when we sign a young players we don't know if he is a FT or not. So you must spend tokens to reveal the training ability of a player. The last 2 academy players that I signed for 10T each were not FT.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    I think it will be more or less like now that when we sign a young players we don't know if he is a FT or not. So you must spend tokens to reveal the training ability of a player. The last 2 academy players that I signed for 10T each were not FT.
    Are you sure of that? Youth players that cost token are always faster trainer. Sometimes not the very best but no slow trainer. While the free youth player is always slower trainer and absolutely not worth it.

Apprentice
    Are you sure of that? Youth players that cost token are always faster trainer. Sometimes not the very best but no slow trainer. While the free youth player is always slower trainer and absolutely not worth it.
    Yes, you're right. I mean they were not the 1st class fast trainer but still fast.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    Yes, you're right. I mean they were not the 1st class fast trainer but still fast.
    Okay, I mostly use those as well considering how much time it can take to find 1st class FTs.

Apprentice
    Okay, I mostly use those as well considering how much time it can take to find 1st class FTs.
    I'm at level 12 so I can find 1st class FT easier than you.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345