Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: A scientific approach to the all-new youth academy

Lightbulb A scientific approach to the all-new youth academy

Hey there guys,

in the last few days many of us, including myself, are wondering what to expect of the new youth academy coming to TE on Tuesday, December 10th.

As I am very excited and curious about it and I am also lucky enough (lol really?) to manage 4 teams with Level 10 youth academies I want to open a thread, where we test the hell out of this new thing and do every kind of stupidity, you are able to do with the new youth academy.

I will update this at least once a week with news from all 4 of my teams. Please feel free to also leave your own experiences down below as comments in this forum thread.

For an introduction I want to briefly mention the 4 teams I am going to use for this and my plans for the first 16 players of Youth Academy.

Team 1 - Main Team
    This will be my normal team. As a manager who watches ad videos for green packs and powertrains players, I am not very interested in getting high overall players out of the youth academy. I just want them to be fast trainers and fit into my team. We will try to find a fast trainer DC (DMC) player who I can use in my squad next season and also sign 3 other talents who we will test for their abilities. No token and greens spent on coaches!

Team 2 - Test Team 1
    So this team is basically a team, where a 60-70% player would probably make the first team in a new season. So we will just sign some players and maybe spend a few token and greens to play around with the cheaper coaches for one week or so.

Team 3 - Test Team 2
    Same like Test Team 1 above, just to larger the samplesize.

Team 4 - The YOLO Maniac Team
    So this is some team, where I got a few Token and greens left from old times, where I played it more actively. We will sign a few players and also spend some stuff on coaches. On this team, we will also have one player who we buy 3 weeks the most expensive coach, so we will try to get the best available player possible out of the youth academy. Why? Because we can and for the laughs.
    templealumni23, julien12 and khris like this.

Update Test Team 1 & Test Team 2

So youth intake phase is finally here and today we signed the first prospects to our academies. The fact that you can't select positions or preferred position like it was said before, is a bit of a letdown.
    However on the 2 Test teams we still selected 4 people, who we think are good enough to make it. I tried to pick positions I kind of need and also pick various prices of the players, so that we have a wide range from 0 to 6 (which seems to be the max) Token to test later if they are any different in terms of the training speed.
    Also what I noticed is, you seem to get 2-3 players for free and the rest you need to spend token on. The price seems to be random at first glance.

Test Team 1 made these selections:

DC for free, DL for free, DMC for free and ST for 6T

A scientific approach to the all-new youth academy-screenshot_2019-12-10-top-eleven-fu%C3%9Fballmanager-auf-facebook.jpg

A scientific approach to the all-new youth academy-screenshot_2019-12-10-top-eleven-fu%C3%9Fballmanager-auf-facebook-5-.jpg

Test Team 2 picked:

DC for free, MC for free, GK for 2T and ST for 4T

A scientific approach to the all-new youth academy-screenshot_2019-12-10-top-eleven-fu%C3%9Fballmanager-auf-facebook-9-.jpg

A scientific approach to the all-new youth academy-screenshot_2019-12-10-top-eleven-fu%C3%9Fballmanager-auf-facebook-10-.jpg

I will update later who I picked on my main team and the yolo Team. I still hope, that maybe tomorrow or later, some new youth players will arrive in the young talent center, but I kind of doubt it.
    Next update from these teams when we can pick coaches.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Does the dark green and the light green mean something ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Sigh, read the info when you click on the stars Nik..
    But really weird I also got that 6T 4* ST (meaning at most he will reach 4* at start next season)
    As of now I’m only choose the free & defensive players because my AML/AMR already good enough for 3-5 seasons
    Now I’m intrigued to spend for experimenting what & why the 4* ST is at max token price

Quote Originally Posted by jarharnamme View Post
    But really weird I also got that 6T 4* ST (meaning at most he will reach 4* at start next season)
    As of now I’m only choose the free & defensive players because my AML/AMR already good enough for 3-5 seasons
    Now I’m intrigued to spend for experimenting what & why the 4* ST is at max token price
    You don't need to, if you don't want to, I do it. On this account I also see his market value, as its low level account... Other 2 teams I will probably add friday or saturday.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarharnamme View Post
    I 'm on a break mood now - lol
    I will wait my friend @Der_Ryan to present his guide.
    But my guess is that the ft would be those with 6 tokens.
    If you want to build a scout quality youngster, don't be cheap for 2-3 tokens.
    jarharnamme likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Potential after the training and I guess that is the Min. potential using the free coach.

Addicted
    When I added a player to an empty slot from the list, I think the % quality shown on his profile slightly increased. It was only slightly, e.g. it was 56% when on the list but after I signed him, he shows 60%. Did you notice something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinany03 View Post
    When I added a player to an empty slot from the list, I think the % quality shown on his profile slightly increased. It was only slightly, e.g. it was 56% when on the list but after I signed him, he shows 60%. Did you notice something like this?
    Yes, the % changes when you add them to the academy. Not sure why, maybe the first % is an estimate which then gets more accurate once you've got them in your academy... or maybe it's just Nordeus!!
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast