Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Are the ML/MR positions wasted?

Rookie

Are the ML/MR positions wasted?

I never get a lot of production, i.e. goals, assists, MOMs, from my ML or MR positions. Are there certain formations or orders (down both flanks - which I've tried and still don't get a lot) that help get better production from the ML or MR position?

More and more I see formations with 2 MCs and no ML or MR. I think this is because the game has some bias against them.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by julien12 View Post
    I never get a lot of production, i.e. goals, assists, MOMs, from my ML or MR positions. Are there certain formations or orders (down both flanks - which I've tried and still don't get a lot) that help get better production from the ML or MR position?

More and more I see formations with 2 MCs and no ML or MR. I think this is because the game has some bias against them.

What do you think?
    AML & AMR positions are better than MR & ML. They can attack intensively to the opponents' goal. I've never been used ML & MR players for along time.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk
    milpol and wintersnow341 like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by rememberthegirl2009 View Post
    AML & AMR positions are better than MR & ML. They can attack intensively to the opponents' goal. I've never been used ML & MR players for along time.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk
    I also have great success using AML / AMR combo. But I also havean ML that I would like to get on the same field as my AML. IS anyone out there getting production from their ML or MR )(with is : If so, how are you doing it?

Famous
    My ML and MR are doing good no problem and both my ST are topscorers in the league.. just observe sometimes you need to change tacttics I guess otherwise the system don't give you good results anymore.
    EastsiderSG likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Are the ML/MR positions wasted?
    now with the back arrows, I would say yes
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Amr aml have always been my best players (especially aml oddly). Except for occassional 4 3 1 2 ( 3 in midfield) or 4 4 2 , hardly ever seen anyone use ML or MR

Rookie
    ML/MR are supporting roles, you should not expect to get from them the same results as from AML/AMR.

Although I think somewhere along the line the developers have increased the importance of winning the battle in central midfield (for example I only saw one team playing 442 wide diamond in 7 seasons) ML/MR are still somewhat useful. What comes to my mind for example:

- I think 442 classic reduces the chances of troll results against lower quality teams . Also I find 442 classic the best choice against strange asymmetric formations, or the absurd formations used by tankers (442 generally allows you to win with more goals)

- 4411 is a decent counter for 442 classic. Also 4411 is the best choice if in an easy game for some reason (ie top scorer challenge) you want your striker, and not your wingers, to score. Maybe 4411 is the formation giving a single striker the highest chance to score (of course provided your team can win with relative ease) and wifhout pressing high.

-451 flat IMO is better than 4-3-2w-1 as a counter for a stronger 4-5-1 V-style

- In general, formations with 3 players on each side, such as 4-3w-2w-1 work well against 41212 nd. These games tend to end with many goals on each side but the wide playing team typically wins, at least in my my experience.

Inviato dal mio SM-A750FN utilizzando Tapatalk

I've been playing for 7 seasons 5-4-1 flat . Striker almost every season top scorer . LMand MR a lot of assists. 60-65% games with clean sheet and o lot of goals. Slight change of tactic to the best opponents. What I do ? My LM and RM have double position and they're also wingers . One of them do corner kicks and has over 220% in passing and crossing . The other one is perfect free kick takers . My striker has over 240 headers skills, shooting and finishing . Rest of the squad is solid but nothing special . I always try to keep one DC with average defensive skills over 180%

Striker scores about 16-20 goals just from corner kicks . Always the same pattern . You MUST have unbelievable corner kick taker if you wanna win something in tough tournaments

Imo ML AML and MR AMR are some of the most valuable player position combinations. The tactical flexibility that allows you to change between normal wingers and attacking wingers is crucial to succeed vs most opponents and formations. So even if it feels wasted sometimes, because ML and MR don't score as much as AML and AMR, playing with them, depending on your setup, will then let your strikers or AMC score more goals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast