Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] "Lost Star" - What's up with losing Stars when we level up?

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    In your threads, administrating things up!

Post [Official] "Lost Star" - What's up with losing Stars when we level up?

Hey there Managers!

Plenty of you have noticed that one of the most often brought-up questions on the forum is about the loss of one star when we get promoted (Level up).

So, today we will take a look at what is actually going on.

I. Promotion time!

To start of, let's talk about "Promotion" (Gaining a level) and what occurs when the new season begins.

If at the end of the previous season your club was able to place in the top 8 of the League competition, you will gain a level and your club will be promoted to play in a higher level League when the next season hits.

II. Understanding player quality

There are three elements of the Player Quality statistic that you will have to keep in mind and not mix them up with each other.
    [Official] "Lost Star" - What's up with losing Stars when we level up?-quality-bar-full.jpg

• [Official] "Lost Star" - What's up with losing Stars when we level up?-quality-bar-stars.jpg Number of stars
      The stars are merely a visual representation as to how good the player is for the level of the League in which his Club competes.

• [Official] "Lost Star" - What's up with losing Stars when we level up?-quality-bar-percents.jpg Percentage
      This is another way to gauge how capable a player is for the current level of the League.
      Further way to gauge how capable the player is for the current League competition.

• [Official] "Lost Star" - What's up with losing Stars when we level up?-quality-bar-quality.jpg Quality points
      This is the actual number of the player's Quality. This number does NOT decrease, it can only get higher and higher.

NOTE:
    When you tap the Info button a short info-bubble will popup. It will tell you, after how many percent is the player going to have enough quality to get another star.

[Official] "Lost Star" - What's up with losing Stars when we level up?-player-profile-card.jpg

[Official] "Lost Star" - What's up with losing Stars when we level up?-info-bubble-copy.jpg

III. The new season

So what's the issue? i.e. "But Jeeves, my club is worthless now!"

Nope, your club is the same as it was three days ago (Previous season) - The illusion that your Club is worthless now comes from the fact that since there is a new quality ceiling for the League, the Star and Percentage indicators have readjusted to update you on how capable your players are for the new League.

In real football, a very good player from the second league may just be an average player in the top league at the beginning. The quality needed for every star is naturally higher.
    Example: If you need a quality of 30 on a lower level in order to win a third star for a certain player, you will need a skill of 35 when you advance to the next level.

This means that there is room for improvement, most if not all of your fellow managers will continue to improve their players, some slowly and gradually, others more aggressively. This makes managers feel obliged to continue to put in the effort in order to stay competitive, and not everyone likes this.

Yet that IS what it means to compete, that is the essence of what a competition is. It is a non-stop arms-race between peers.
    You can't constantly be at the top of the foodchain unless you put in the work. And if you do, your club will be strong enough to beat the opposition and you will raise through the League ranks and will be promoted. The game won't let you stay at the same level just to beat the newcomers. You're placed where your rightful spot is.

I hope this explanation will be helpful for our newer managers and they won't lose heart when they get promoted because of how well their clubs performed previously.

Please feel more than welcome to discuss this topic below and do share any suggestions you might have for the creation of other such official posts. We're open for ideas!

Good luck in the competitions guys and gals!

Thx Jeeves

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Dreamer
    Great stuff!

Rookie
    Out of curiosity, what is currently the highest League level that exist, and are they active?

New pl;ayers are forgetting that 3* and 4* fast trainers will train faster than 5*s. I bought a 4* striker last season who is now 6* for me this season even after promotion. I didn't power train him with lots of rest packs either. He was just a good fast training nordgen that put in work.
    HairDryer likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddyjack View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is currently the highest League level that exist, and are they active?
    check this
    http://forum.topeleven.com/galerija-...tml#post419926

New pl;ayers are forgetting that 3* and 4* fast trainers will train faster than 5*s.
    and you forget that new players (this thread is for lv1-2 managers), don't know s... about fast trainers - lol
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

As managers lvl up, players skills and value goes down; it's clear and understandable. But it's not fair that players wages not goes down, keep raising.

Then explain this one

[Official] "Lost Star" - What's up with losing Stars when we level up?-screenshot_16.png

Days now my manager's level stuck on level 4... Any serious reason about this?
    RODOS FC 2015

TARGET:MAKING 6+ * TEAM
    GOAL:Transfering New&Strongest Players
    COMPLETED TARGETS:WINNERS OF THE CUP LEVEL 5 Season:88
    WINNERS OF NIVEA MEN LEAGUE Season:88
    WINNERS OF LEAGUE 1ST PLACE SEASON:88
    HATING:CHEATING,UNFAIR PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael1991 View Post
    Then explain this one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_16.png 
Views:	1698 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	75611

Days now my manager's level stuck on level 4... Any serious reason about this?
    The manager level represents your current League level and not the amount of seasons you have played.
    That basically means that if you got promoted to Level 5 this season, your manager level will update automatically to 5 when the new season starts.

Take me as an example. This was my 5th season playing the game, but I'm level 4 since I didn't get promoted when I first started playing.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

Cleared that UP THank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast