Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Counter Formations Less Effective Now?

Oh okay, we're all wrong.

And no, they aren't stronger, at all. The average quality in regards to star rating is exactly the same, same types of managers, same types of tactics etc.

But yeah, you're right, everyone here is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FCB View Post
    I am trolled this season ...12Q difference and I used counter formation still lost the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester FC View Post
    Counter Formations Less Effective Now? YES

in this season I use only 4-3N-2W-1 and 4-5-1 V-Style, in 10 games - 9 wins and 1 draw, but I also played this formations in last season and lost/draw 70% my games, even against teams 6Q weaker

if you not have troll season you can win single formation in every game, but if you have troll season you can be beaten by any formation when you have better counter formation
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Those two formations seem to be absolutely dominate lately for some reason. It's not just you.
    I guess i could switch to using them, ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gat Manar View Post
    yes, for sure very recently something changed in the match simulation
    on my side, even if I've a very high ball possession, it is very difficult to score and almost impossible with striker.
    And it is not just for me... in the scorer top ten of my leage, the first 3 places are for midfielders.
    Quote Originally Posted by littledude072 View Post
    i noticed a change too
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-strategy.html

all honesty, i dont believe in counter formations
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I've been hating on 4 4 2 for a long time, and recently it seems Narrow Diamond is also harder to beat than before, that is, what I have in the past had fair success with hasn't been working.

But I also wonder if the engine has changed in the way it treats home and away, especially in Cup and CL, I've had some slightly odd results.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Rookie
    Sorry that is not all.

Not only does higher levels have better managers, lower teams are much closer in ability.

For example: 105q team versus 100q will have a tougher time than 25q team versus 20q. In the first scenario the first team is just 5% stronger. In the second scenario it is 25% stronger. this difference gets smaller every season.

This means all of the levers a manager can pull such as Possession/Strategy/win bonus etc etc mean less at higher levels. So these 'harder to beat' teams are actually much closer in natural ability than they used to be. These teams are not a bunch of clowns who will roll over and gladly take a beating.

FCB
    Quote Originally Posted by joshyt View Post
    Sorry that is not all.

Not only does higher levels have better managers, lower teams are much closer in ability.

For example: 105q team versus 100q will have a tougher time than 25q team versus 20q. In the first scenario the first team is just 5% stronger. In the second scenario it is 25% stronger. this difference gets smaller every season.

This means all of the levers a manager can pull such as Possession/Strategy/win bonus etc etc mean less at higher levels. So these 'harder to beat' teams are actually much closer in natural ability than they used to be. These teams are not a bunch of clowns who will roll over and gladly take a beating.
    does 3* team equal to 6* team ?

what about this ... 8* striker did not have single shot ?

FCB - Indian Team

Playing form 2013

Sorry that is not all.

Not only does higher levels have better managers, lower teams are much APART in ability.

Better
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB View Post
    does 3* team equal to 6* team ?

what about this ... 8* striker did not have single shot ?

The stars are 'vanity symbols'.

That first team looks better than 3 stars. But in any case 3 star team isn't half the quality of a 6 star team it is much closer than that.

Look at the performance of your goal keepers. Clearly made some errors and so did your DMC.

Sorry that is not all.

What level are U Mister???? May I ask?

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

The stars are 'vanity symbols'.

That first team looks better than 3 stars. But in any case 3 star team isn't half the quality of a 6 star team it is much closer than that.

Look at the performance of your goal keepers. Clearly made some errors and so did your DMC.
    LOLs so u talking like an experienced manager draw ur concusions from RATINGS????!!!! Hilarious.... It has been proved time and again that ratings are random

Tell us ur opinion-

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

There's just no point trying to argue with this guy, he's a self proclaimed Top Eleven expert.

If you don't mind me asking, show us your trophy room and current squad, and then we'll decide whether to take your opinions onboard.

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    There's just no point trying to argue with this guy, he's a self proclaimed Top Eleven expert.

If you don't mind me asking, show us your trophy room and current squad, and then we'll decide whether to take your opinions onboard.
    Me?? I sorry but I play on android and there's no trophy room there But I never managed my team the 1st 3-4 seasons and won nothing, since then I have won only 4 leagues and numerous 2nd spots due to end of season trolls....

Tell us ur opinion-

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Me?? I sorry but I play on android and there's no trophy room there But I never managed my team the 1st 3-4 seasons and won nothing, since then I have won only 4 leagues and numerous 2nd spots due to end of season trolls....
    No Saranesh, this kid who is trying to educate us all with his superior knowledge of the game.

#JFT96

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast