Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Counter Formations Less Effective Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I've been hating on 4 4 2 for a long time, and recently it seems Narrow Diamond is also harder to beat than before, that is, what I have in the past had fair success with hasn't been working.

But I also wonder if the engine has changed in the way it treats home and away, especially in Cup and CL, I've had some slightly odd results.
    THIS.

Last season's cup Quarter Finals.

Lost 4-0 at home, won 5-0 away, same tactics, same formation, same everything really, i really didn't expect to win and was kinda resigned.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

LOL narrow diamond, down both flanks? sounds like an oxymoron unless they beefed the back liners while nerfing CDMs
    ima test it out later on, a formation with a CDM, LB moved up to LAM and whatnot. a few months ago it failed. so practically
    CF
    LAM
    CM-CM-CM-RM
    CDM
    CB-CB-RB
    back then i attacked down its left side (my right side) and failed. not too sure with the current 'tweaks'

always hated home and aways
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    How is fielding a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond ...

&, i don't see fielding a default 4-4-2.
    Those two formations seem to be absolutely dominate lately for some reason. It's not just you.
    I guess i could switch to using them, ..
    Sxrenity likes this.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Might have a point there. Our victory in the CL yesterday. lol

Counter Formations Less Effective Now?-1.jpg

Banned
    There is nothing such as counter formation in this game...The only thing is that every season they make some formation to perform better then the others...Might be that even this is not true because there are 11 players and an infinite number of legal formation can be made from them...

Rookie
    And where did i say i was getting all of my knowledge off here? I don't claim to be an expert, more of an armchair manager, but i do watch my football avidly, and i'm not an idiot.

Also, if being a member of the forum automatically makes us all bad managers, why are you here?

But i'm sorry, i don't know how to play joshyt, my apologies.
    I'm not saying you are a bad manager. I'm not saying you get ALL of our knowledge of here either. Did you read what I said? Are you just angry?

When you get promoted you are playing at a higher standard. The managers you will be up against will have won several trophies too.

The days of just setting up your team to counter abandoned bot teams and collect easy trophies are now OVER. Don't log in for 70 days and start again if you want easy trophies.

You mention that you have come across some mysterious 'powerful' formations. Then why not just set up your team in the same way and let the trophies roll in? Does that not work? Well perhaps like I said you have reached the max of your capability or you have been found out.

Sorry if this upsets you. Don't shoot the messenger.

Counter Formations Less Effective Now? YES

in this season I use only 4-3N-2W-1 and 4-5-1 V-Style, in 10 games - 9 wins and 1 draw, but I also played this formations in last season and lost/draw 70% my games, even against teams 6Q weaker

if you not have troll season you can win single formation in every game, but if you have troll season you can be beaten by any formation when you have better counter formation

FCB
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester FC View Post
    Counter Formations Less Effective Now? YES

in this season I use only 4-3N-2W-1 and 4-5-1 V-Style, in 10 games - 9 wins and 1 draw, but I also played this formations in last season and lost/draw 70% my games, even against teams 6Q weaker

if you not have troll season you can win single formation in every game, but if you have troll season you can be beaten by any formation when you have better counter formation
    I am trolled this season ...12Q difference and I used counter formation still lost the game
    FCB - Indian Team

Playing form 2013

Quote Originally Posted by joshyt View Post
    I'm not saying you are a bad manager. I'm not saying you get ALL of our knowledge of here either. Did you read what I said? Are you just angry?

When you get promoted you are playing at a higher standard. The managers you will be up against will have won several trophies too.

The days of just setting up your team to counter abandoned bot teams and collect easy trophies are now OVER. Don't log in for 70 days and start again if you want easy trophies.

You mention that you have come across some mysterious 'powerful' formations. Then why not just set up your team in the same way and let the trophies roll in? Does that not work? Well perhaps like I said you have reached the max of your capability or you have been found out.

Sorry if this upsets you. Don't shoot the messenger.
    I've played this for over a year, and have multiple accounts.

I've never said the trophies have been easy, and i'm actually glad of the challenge.

Talk of being 'found out'...I'm still in all 3 comps. And this isn't a debate about me wanting to win cups etc, its a thread about the game engine.

They're not mysterious powerful formations either, it's the fact the engine has definitely been tweaked, the evidence all over the forums is inadmissible.

I'll put this out here right now, i don't like you pal, you're a real hypocrite too.

Is this you asking for football strategy from an online forum? I thought you should know how to counter this already, considering you're lecturing me?

http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...tml#post145775
    It started off as a simple thread asking other managers if they have had the same experience, it was not a cause for you to come here with your drivel talking about how 'I have been found out', which is nonsense.

Now on your bike pal.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Rookie

Is it just me or have these formations been seriously buffed up over the past couple of seasons?
    Ok I will keep it simple. No they have not. You are playing in higher divisions against stronger opponents. If you are having difficulty you need to look in the mirror and not blame the game engine.

That is all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast